Sure, I will take this. I am politically progressive, pro-LGBT rights, pro gay-marriage and pro-choice.
And I am upset I am upset by the rhetoric and politics of the current generation of feminists. What feminism has become is a ideological narrative, a mythology, that is applied to every situation without regard to the facts. And this narrative can't be questioned, any legitimate attempt is met with the harshest of personal attack.
I can give many examples.
- The woman who videotaped herself for a day and claims to be harassed when Black men say "hello" to her.
- The abandonment and denial of male survivors of sexual abuse.
- The ridiculous attempt to rewrite and reinterpret consensual sexual behavior, and the choice to put politics above sound policy in addressing sexual assault.
- The rejection and manipulation of science for flawed political goals.
- The rewriting of history to support the narrative that men are responsible for all of the evil in the world in spite of the fact that women owned slaves and promoted bigotry on their own.
- Opposition for men to be considered equal as parents in custody rights and raising children.
Yes, you can be pro-woman's rights and in favor of equality and still reject the ideological excesses of today's self-described feminists.
I consider my self a progressive anti-feminist. Factually there are many areas where I agree with many self-described feminists, but the level of ideological nonsense coming from feminists makes the term "anti-feminist" a comfortable place for me to be.