Feminism (as seen by the GOP)

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:53 am
@glitterbag,
The big irony of my life is the fact that I love my step brother and sister more than my older brother who tormented me all my life when we were children. I have traveled with both my step brother and sister, but never with my older brother. We have a sibling get-together once every few years, and that's the only contact I have with my older brother. We usually have lunch, and my older brother just drinks beer. My wife and I have an understanding that if my older brother acts out again, we'll just walk out. I don't think it's possible for zebras to remove their stripes.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think we all have family members that are toxic. I'm glad you have close siblings, that's truly a blessing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 12:07 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm close to my younger brother and sister's children, but not my older brother's kids.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
I hate male sexist chauvinism, I have all of my life, it is just the way I am.

Whether it comes from gay men or straight men, I hate it.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 02:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
Do you hate female sexist chauvinism? (Or is it sexist to even suggest that such a thing exists.)
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 02:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Sexism is wrong in any form but more prevalent and heinous in men...

maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 02:41 pm
@TheCobbler,
Why is it more heinous in men?
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:04 pm
@maxdancona,
The prevalence alone makes it more heinous.

What can I say?

male intimidation?

male aggression? quite frequent.
It's like having an itch versus having a cancerous boil spewing puss.

Male attacks on women are more heinous because males often have an unfair advantage.

Socially corrupt

inept

sterile...
maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:16 pm
@TheCobbler,
Ha Ha Cobbler. "Cancerous boil spewing puss".

Your version of feminism is awesome. I just love it.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 10:22 pm
@TheCobbler,
It would be nice if feminism were more about equality and less about insulting men.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2016 03:50 am
@maxdancona,
Men need reminding... Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 09:11 pm
OK trooper tells local news: Best way not to get raped by cops is to ‘follow the law’
http://www.rawstory.com/2014/09/ok-trooper-tells-local-news-best-way-not-to-get-raped-by-cops-is-to-follow-the-law/

Obey the law or the law will break it for you... THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

Public servants are exactly that, no one is above the law!
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:30 pm
As a woman, in my 40's, I have experienced male superiority, but I am not a "feminist" persay. That means I do not distrust men. I trully believe men and women have roles in life they are best suited to tolerate. What has lost in the argument is respect for each role. Yes, a man goes to work each day and works hard. He deserves resepect for that. But for the stay at home wife raising kids, she also works. Maybe no boss screams over her (except maybe an overbearing husband) but she also is home ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Staying sane is a feat unto iself and seldom appreciated.
I remember my husband got a few days off of work with nothing to do, so he did what I do, wait for kids to get home, do some laundry, nothing special. By the end of two days, he turned to me and said, "I dont know how you do this day after day, I'm going crazy."
There would be no need for "feminism" if we could all just naturally respect the hardships of another.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 05:42 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Things changed when both husband and wife had careers. About five decades ago, things were much different. The wife usually stayed home whether they had children or not. In today's society, some women have become the bread winner, and the husband stays home to take care of the children and housekeeping.
There's still the issue of equal pay for women doing the same job. It's improved some, but there's still a huge gap in many industries.
Before my wife quit nursing a few decades ago, her pay was over $60k working three times a week. When I met her in the late fifties, her pay was not good.
We now find men in nursing.

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know CI. In some parts of the country, things are far different for people then others. some parts are more fair then others. I wont blame a man for taking advantage of one of the few good jobs a woman could obtain. I wish desperately we werent always split into man/woman, black/white...muslim/christian/jew...I hate the labels period. As Stephen Cobert says, "I dont see color." If only that were possible.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Sure Cicerone, but this is a thread on Feminism. There is a legitimate push back on feminism, because prominent feminists are pushing policies and ideology that is ineffective and sometimes harmful.

You just described portions of the republican and democratic party.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:54 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
. But your views on gender equality are demonstrably one sided.

Could this be because she is a woman that her opinions dont align with yours as you are a male?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 10:25 pm
@RABEL222,
Unfortunately, Max believes all women who identify as feminists are shrill man hating, blowhards. I can't dissuade him, I think the word is a hot button for him. He claims he believes in equal everything however he does go a little nuts if he thinks a women is too direct. He's probably a nice enough
guy, just gets rattled when people use the the eight letter F word. Well, also when he thinks the female gender is getting too uppity. I understand that some people think women have this plan to take over the world and to start treating men the way men treated women for many many decades. But that's not the goal, women just got tired of being treated like dull children. They wanted to be treated as if they actually could have an intellect. I can't excuse the behaviour of the few women who treat men badly,but there have aways been assholes, some women and some men. I try to avoid the assholes of both genders.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 10:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
. But your views on gender equality are demonstrably one sided.

Could this be because she is a woman that her opinions dont align with yours as you are a male?

There we go again, labelling people. I know it is natural. Shes female, hes male, they must think different. Finding a perfect "star trek" harmony is a pipe dream. Noone can ever expect to understand the mind of another. It will always be a struggle. What I find exciting, and frustrating, is that we continue to try, even if it irritates through resistance to change. We cant move too fast, it creates war, but we cant allow ourselves to regress either, then we swim backwards into the primordial ooze.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 08:08 pm
@glitterbag,
I have often thought it might be a better U S of A if women controlled congress by about 80%. Most women have more empathy than men. I think it has something to do with too much testosterone. The male I'm a meaner sob than you are. A female president would'ent hurt either.
0 Replies