Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

coldjoint

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 06:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do you know US history about discrimination?

Considering the thread is not about the US, who cares?
cicerone imposter

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 06:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Most decent Americans.
coldjoint

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 07:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Most decent Americans

Since when do you speak for them?
cicerone imposter

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 08:28 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't; they speak for themselves by what the believe and say.
coldjoint

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I don't; they speak for themselves by what the believe and say.

That is why Trump is our president.
gungasnake

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 09:26 pm
Any peaceful muslim nations??

Sure, Khwarism (Eastern Turkish Empire. Genghis Khan made that place peaceful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjS1FbHLIxM
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 09:27 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump was elected by the voters.
coldjoint

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 09:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump was elected by the voters.

And voters are not decent people?
camlok

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 10:01 pm
@coldjoint,
Voters who would vote for a pussy grabbing sexual predator are most assuredly not decent folks.
camlok

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 10:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Notice how you are both off topic, off thread. Children use these kind of phony excuses when they get caught out doing something wrong.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 10:22 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Voters who would vote for a pussy grabbing sexual predator are most assuredly not decent folks.

Sorry, I have to consider the source, and you are not credible enough.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 03:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Decent/Ignorant
coldjoint

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Decent/Ignorant

Ignorant to vote for the policies they wanted? Try again.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 05:51 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
How can you advance such a crazy idea, that the threat is growing in the west?
Apparently, not visiting this thread can result in blind folk posting who can’t see patterns in the world.

Below is a list of links to posts containing Terrorist Attacks, just in Europe, and just since 2015 that I have posted in this thread. Those 3 years links outnumber the previous 12 years significantly. This is undeniable proof that the threat is growing.

If you care to look through countries counter terrorism finance records, you will also find significant increases in funding, in response to that growing threat.

Having said that, I'm glad that you are against crazy ideas. I guess then, you that you would also find crazy certain ideas contained in Islamic Theolgoy (this is a thread about such) particularly:
- supremacist ideology (Qurans: mulsims are winners, all others are losers, over and over. Denigration of all others. Calls to Jihad. Theology abodes of War & Islam.)
- extremely violent ideology (any read through Quran shows a litany of such)
- denigration of all other groups (Quran calling them pigs, dogs, monkeys, worst of creatures, corrupt, liars etc over and over)
Certainly I would take your allegation of 'crazy idea' to not be hypocritical if you have issues with such ideological ugliness.

camlok wrote:
Who is it that has invaded myriad nations but the USA? How many hundreds of thousands have been murdered by the US/UK/... in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, ... ?

Yep, and I’ve also criticised American foreign policy and invasions, though that is a different thread. Many other Western countries have also engaged in similar, including Britain and Australia.

This isn’t a ‘who’s worse’ competition.

Should you choose to reply, please address the specific statement you objected to of whether or not the threat is growing.

Here are the links to my previous posts:
France 2015: Islamist knife attack on Police
France 2015 : Charlie Hedbo attacks
France 2015: Man decapitated, Gas factory attacked
France 2015: Police commander stabbed to death, jihadist yells Allahu Akbar
France 2016: Terrorist kills 77 by driving semi through crowd
France 2016: 4 coordinated attacks: 39 dead
Belgium 2016: suicide bombers hit airport & metro. 28 dead
Germany 2016: Teenage attacks people on train with axe
Germany2016: Suicide bomber injures 12
France 2016: Church attacked in Normandy. Priests throat slit
Spain 2017: Gunman with suicide vest bursts into supermarket, opens fire, no persons hurt
England 2017: Terrorist kills 4 by driving through crowd, then using a knife
2017 Sweden: 4 killed by truck through crowd
2017 England: 22 killed in Manchester Stadium bombing
2017 England: 7 killed in London
2017 Spain: 13 killed in Barcelona
2017 Spain: 2nd attack in 24hrs, suicide vests
2017 Belgium Brussells: knife wielding man shouting allahu akhbar shot
2017 England: Buckingham Palace attack

As a reminder, that is only in Europe. And there is a clear increase in escalation of the threat, as compared to the previous decade, which previous decade experience more Islamist Terrorism than the decade before that.

That threat is growing.
vikorr

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 06:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Indonesia is a predominately Muslim country, and Bali is a popular destination for visitors. I've been there twice, and never experienced anything negative while there. I have also visited these predominantly Muslim countries, and have never worried about my safety: Egypt (visited soon after German tourists were killed), Turkey, Morocco (stationed there for one year with the USAF), Malaysia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tunisia, Tajikistan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan.
BTW, also visited the Coptic Area of Cairo with my sister, and visited the church where Jesus supposedly hid.
Hello CI. You're very well travelled. And I'm glad you haven't experienced any issues. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make though, that you haven't previously pointed out?

If it's safety....you mentioned the Coptic Churches in Cairo...I've previously posted regarding 130 churches being attacked after the Muslim Brotherhood won power (thankfully they got the boot), and the ongoing persecution of Copts is certainly known to those who pay attention, and easy to find for anyone who cares to search.

Presumably you mean general safety? That exists to a large extent (and to a lesser for the persecuted), however, it's never been the point of my posts, which deals with the more violent side of Islamic ideology, and the contribution of that ideology to Islamist terrorism (with some mentions regarding the concepts of umma, and other mentions against the supremacist tone and denigration of other people and religions, all of which appears to contribute to the terrorism).
coldjoint

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 06:58 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
That threat is growing.

No one here thinks there is a threat, or is afraid to admit it. At least the reality is not denied by everyone.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 08:28 pm
@vikorr,
You mentioned the 130 coptic churches being attacked, but that didn't stop me from visiting there, and that was not long after the German tourists that were killed at Hatshepsut Temple. Nor did the war in Israel stop me from going there, and I have been there twice. I have also visited some third world countries without fear for my safety. Having traveled to over 80 countries, and traveling solo most of the time, I never feared for my safety. I feel fortunate to have had the means and ability to travel so frequently to so many destinations around the world.

Murder in the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder

We once lived in Naperville, IL, considered as one of the safest cities in the US. We now live in Sunnyvale, CA, considered the 7th safest city. I'm well aware of safety issues.
coldjoint

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 09:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From your link:
Quote:
In Islam according to the Qur'an, one of the greatest sins is to kill a human being who has committed no fault. "For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind."[Quran 5:32] "And those who cry not unto any other god along with Allah, nor take the life which Allah hath forbidden save in (course of) justice, nor commit adultery – and whoso doeth this shall pay the penalty."[Quran 25:68]

Wikipedia needs to do some research or doesn't mind telling half truths.
Quote:
This fragment of verse 5:32 appears above as it was quoted by the Fiqh Council of North America. It is what apologists want non-Muslims to believe is in the Quran, as opposed to the dozens of other open-ended passages Verse 7:103 of the Quran even indicates that merely rejecting Muhammad and the Quran counts as "mischief". that command warfare, beheadings and torture. But even this quote from verse 5:32 isn’t quite how it appears. It leaves out a few words.First, notice the gaping loophole. Killing is allowed in cases of murder or "for spreading mischief in the land." Murder is pretty straightforward, but "spreading mischief?" If anything begged for a careful and precise explanation, a phrase authorizing torture certainly would. But generations of Muslims are left to apply their own interpretation of what "mischief" means - with varying standards. Violating Sharia (Islamic law) or sharing a different religious faith appears to qualify.

Here’s the full text of the verse:

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.”
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/games/quran-all-life-sacred.aspx
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 09:05 pm
@coldjoint,
What's your point; they have laws. They're not laws based on democratic principles.
coldjoint

Thu 8 Mar, 2018 09:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Their laws are the cause of the violence.
0 Replies