Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

parados

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 04:45 pm
@vikorr,
I'd hate to think people would claim there was a war on Christianity if anyone criticized the religion or anyone that practices it.
ossobuco

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 05:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you, you are good at clarifying. Sometimes I take clarity for granted, poor choice by me.

I need to post in what I said I posted, lesson learned.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 06:58 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I'd hate to think people would claim there was a war on Christianity

People were shot in the head in Oregon because they were Christian. GTFO>
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the clarification Ehbeth / Osso. In that case, if you are using Islam to denote the followers of Islam (and it appears you are), then I agree with your statement.

It's certainly something I've said in multiple different ways before in this thread.
ossobuco

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:05 am
@vikorr,
I took it that you read my link, which somewhere in there said that islamic is not islamist.

I'm not keen on fear mongering, We have out own aggravations.
vikorr

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 01:28 am
@ossobuco,
Is posting links to ongoing events that share a common link fear mongering? I would think that is just documenting an ongoing series of related events.

That said, I've mentioned numerous times that the point of this is to get people curious enough to look whether or not there is a problem, (and more importantly) to look into the causes for themselves, and come to their own conclusion (at least 10 times through this thread)....even if their conclusions differ to mine.

The problem with that goal though....if you look throughout this thread as an example...is that there are those you outright refuse to acknowledge that these things are even occurring. If a person can ignore that it occurring, then there is no need for them to come to a conclusion about whether or not there is a problem, and so there no need to find out for themselves why there is a common thread of Islam running through it. And again...after doing their research there, I am happy for them to arrive at different conclusions to me (two people often dont reach the same conclusion from the same facts)

vikorr

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 01:38 am
@vikorr,
Also, if I say 'Islam contributes to violence done in its name' and have no supporting evidence...then that opinion would rightfully be accused of not having a leg to stand on.

Further, holding that opinion...if it's correct, should mean that the violence in the name of Islam is ongoing...otherwise my opinion would be based on a fallacy...and without evidence that it is ongoing...

So posting links to such serves multiple purposes.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 06:41 am
Quote:
The medical charity MSF has condemned "in the strongest possible terms" deadly air strikes on its hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz.

Medecins Sans Frontieres said at least nine of its staff were killed in the attack. Many are unaccounted for.

It said the strikes continued for more than 30 minutes after US and Afghan authorities were told of its location.

US forces were carrying out air strikes at the time. The Nato alliance has admitted the clinic may have been hit.

At least 37 people were seriously injured, 19 of them MSF staff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34433302
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Quote:
“Islam is the Religion of War”

Quote:
3. All “Terrorists” Get Their “Version” of Islam Wrong in the Exact Same Way

ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyef, Al Shabab, Hamas, Hizbollah, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, and all Islamic “terrorist” groups on the planet state they are doing what they are doing in order to establish the Caliphate (Global Islamic State) under Sharia law.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s By-Laws say they exist to impose “Allah’s law (sharia) in the land” and establish an “Islamic State.”

The Al Qaeda operatives who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993/USS Cole/US Embassies in Africa (1998)/etc, the 9/11 Hijackers, Major Nidal Hasan (Ft Hood), the “Underwear Bomber,” the Time Square Bomber, the “terrorists” who killed the British soldier in Woolwich (England), the Somalis from Al Shabab who killed citizens in the mall and university attacks (among others) in Kenya, the Muslim who sawed his colleague’s head off in Oklahoma, Terry Lee Lowen who attempted to bomb a plane in Kansas, the jihadis who were killed in Texas in April 2015 (Garland), and all of the other jihadis we and our allies have faced over the last 30 years have all done what they did because they were following the Sharia – and they all say so.

Isn’t it interesting they all say it is a command from Allah to wage jihad until the infidels submit to Allah’s law and an Islamic state is created? Isn’t it interesting they use the same source materials to quote these commands – all of which have unquestioned authority in Islam?

They all get it wrong in exactly the same way.

Can someone argue with this? I doubt it.

Quote:
6. Where is the Other “Version” of Islam Taught?

The obvious question must be asked: What is this other mystical and peaceful version of Islam and where is it taught? Can anyone name one authoritative text of Islamic jurisprudence from any country or century that teaches something other than the fact Islam exists to wage Jihad until the world is under the rule of Sharia?

The answer is – “NO.”

There is no authoritative Islamic text that teaches something different because there is no other “version” of Islam. While you may find books that discuss other definitions of “jihad” and other “versions” of Islam at your local book store, those books are written for YOU, not the Muslim community. If you want to read what Muslims are taught, you must go to Islamic/Mosque bookstores and read their stuff.

What does it take? Wake the **** up.

https://www.understandingthethreat.com/islam-is-the-religion-of-war/#comment-170
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 11:10 am
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YicAyV7Z4Rc/VhDurUlaYdI/AAAAAAABoSc/c5cqdW48B-A/s400/apostasy.png

Think about it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 08:04 pm
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4325557.htm

Sydney: Police accountant shot dead by 15yr old outside Police Headquarters.

TV: ABC news report: Contains video of incident
Quote:
Transcript

LEIGH SALES, PRESENTER: It should have been a quiet Friday afternoon, slowly winding down, as Australians geared up for a long weekend of football grand finals, barbecues and the beach.

Instead, the country was once again confronted by an act of terrorism, this time at the hands of a 15-year-old boy.

The teenager was prepared for a suicide mission and he hoped to take as many people with him as possible in his attack on the police headquarters in Parramatta in Western Sydney. Instead, his sole victim was police worker Curtis Cheng.

Tonight, 7.30 can reveal a small group of men connected to a Sydney prayer hall were involved in encouraging the young man.

Dylan Welch reports.

DYLAN WELCH, REPORTER: It was Friday afternoon and 15-year-old Farhad Jabar had gunned down his first victim.

EDWIN ALMEIDA, WITNESS: I saw his face, that's when I did see his face, but I focused on his eyes. This kid had no fear. He - he was - he just was like, "Here I am," the proverbial, "F you".

DYLAN WELCH: Pacing up and down in front of the New South Wales Police's State Crime Command, he was yelling, "Allahu Akbar," or, "God is great," waiting for his final fire fight....
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 6 Oct, 2015 11:38 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/five-men-arrested-in-terror-raids-following-parramatta-shooting-attack/story-fnii5s41-1227559804241

Quote:
Five men arrested in terror raids following Parramatta shooting attack

A 16-year-old boy arrested this morning as part of dawn terror raids across Western Sydney had previously waved an IS flag outside a Maronites school and shouted ‘slaughter the Christians’.

The teenager, who was arrested along with his brother at their Wentworthville home, was sitting in the passenger seat of a car when he screamed “slaughter all the Christians’ while waving the flag outside Maronite College of the Holy Family in Harris Park in September last year.

He was subsequently arrested and required to report to police for three month following the incident.

Meanwhile police have confirmed three of the homes raided by counterterrorism officers this morning were also targeted during last September’s Operation Appleby, which was launched to investigate the plot to behead a member of the public in Sydney.

Five people were arrested at dawn in four separate raids in Sydney’s suburbs, including the 16 year-old schoolmate of Farhad Jabar, the teen terrorist who murdered police worker Curtis Cheng on Friday...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:43 pm
Quote:
ISIS Savages Rape 8-Year-Old Yazidi Girl…

http://linkis.com/www.weaselzippers.us/Uxkon
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 06:05 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/counter-terrorism-experts-meet-in-canberra-led-by-prime-minister-malcolm-turnbull-to-fight-extremism/story-fnihslxi-1227569853438

Quote:
Canberra led by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to fight extremism

THE nation’s leading counter terror experts are meeting in Canberra as police investigate a 12-year-old allegedly involved in the extremist Parramatta shooting.

Programs to stop the radicalisation of prisoners and help teachers identify signs of radicalisation in students are on the agenda at the meeting attended by departmental heads, police and intelligence experts.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull opened the meeting declaring the Muslim community an absolutely “necessary partner” in the fight against extremism...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 14 Oct, 2015 08:46 pm
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/TROP.jpg
coldjoint

Fri 16 Oct, 2015 01:33 pm
@coldjoint,

The -1 doesn't get deducted from the attacks, and does nothing to stop them.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/TROP.jpg
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 28 Oct, 2015 04:48 pm
Something good to see (because you must admit a problem before you can solve the problem)- a Muslim (former Islamist) coming out and saying that Islamists and Jihadists have a plausible reading of their scriptures, and that it is incorrect to say that they have nothing to do with Islam. Note: those points are on the TV interview, in the link.

Full Story & Video from TV interview: http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/television/an-atheist-and-muslim-call-on-all-muslims-to-help-reform-islam-so-it-is-more-modern-not-used-for-evil/story-fnihmoiz-1227586147786

Quote:
An atheist and Muslim call on all Muslims to help reform Islam so it is more modern, not used for evil

MUSLIMS have been called on to accept Islam must be reformed to become more modern and tolerant, instead of it being used to justify extreme acts of evil.

Sam Harris, an atheist, author and neuroscientist, and Maajid Nawaz, a former Islamist member of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, appeared on Lateline after they co-wrote a book together titled Islam and the Future of Tolerance: a Dialogue.

The men, who also founded the anti-extremist think-tank The Quilliam Foundation, argue that Islam has failed to modernise, and Islamism — the desire to impose any version of Islam over society — “has to be named and shamed”...

0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 1 Nov, 2015 06:22 pm
An interesting anti-extremism site by the authors, re the above post:

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/press/quilliam-report-launch-in-and-out-of-extremism/

Quote:
Quilliam’s latest report In and Out of Extremism features testimonies from 10 former extremists who have now deradicalised and provides analysis on their shared experiences.

Building on Maajid Nawaz’s personal deradicalisation story In and Out of Islamism, this report looks at the human processes of radicalisation and deradicalisation in five former far-right extremists and five former Islamist extremists. Combining interviews and correspondence with the former extremists, with Quilliam’s own expertise and experience in these processes, this report synthesises the human with the academic to provide a deeper understanding of a complex phenomenon.

• In particular, this report shows factors which increase vulnerability to radicalisation, the ways in which this vulnerability is exploited by extremist groups and individuals in the radicalisation process, and the factors that prompt escalation from contemplation to action.

• In and Out of Extremism finds that when political grievances are combined with personal grievances, individuals consider extremist ideologies and narratives to better understand the world or to find perceived solutions to their personal difficulties. While these ideologies and narratives appear comforting in their simplicity, the former extremists found that they seldom changed the world or improved their lives.

• This report also sheds light on the factors that have intervened in the radicalisation process to prompt the individuals to consider their commitment to extremist ideologies and narratives. In and Out of Extremism finds that challenging extremist messaging is central to this intervention and that the message should be targeted for the individual, with the identity, language, and even appearance of the messenger being of central importance.

• Quilliam is well-known for our contribution to the macro debate on counter-extremism strategy and policy, but this report shows our value at a micro level, providing inspiration and support in deradicalising extremists.

• In policy terms, this report also considers the value of refining the teaching of critical thinking skills in schools to reduce vulnerability to radicalisation, and of improving progressive online counter-extremism efforts through the development of a greater number and variety of counter-narratives.

Quilliam Chairman Maajid Nawaz says, “It is always heartening to hear that Quilliam is making a real difference to people’s lives. Both as a source of inspiration to those experiencing personal difficulties and as a source of active support for those seeking to leave extremist organisations, Quilliam hopes to continue challenging extremism and inspiring change.”

Quilliam Managing Director Haras Rafiq says, “In and Out of Extremism adds to the debate around radicalisation and deradicalisation with an interesting personal perspective and acts as a timely reminder of the human aspects of these phenomena. We hope to encourage others to leave extremism behind and commit to tackling the poisonous ideologies that threaten our society.”

We look forward to welcoming some of the former extremists who provided testimonies for this report to our Summer Ball this weekend, along with 300 other guests, to build a stronger civil society to tackle extremism of all kinds.

The report is available here. For media comment, please contact Mohammed Razzaq on 02071827277 or [email protected]
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 07:55 pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34802317

Quote:
Jihadist cell in Europe 'sought recruits for Iraq and Syria'

The 13 suspected members of a jihadist group arrested in raids across Europe were allegedly recruiting foreign fighters to be sent to Iraq and Syria.

The raids in Finland, Germany, Italy, Norway, Switzerland and the UK targeted Rawti Shax, which seeks to establish a caliphate in Iraq's Kurdistan region.

Among those arrested was the group's imprisoned leader, Mullah Krekar.

Italian police said the group was also planning attacks with the aim of securing his release by Norway...
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 13 Nov, 2015 06:03 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/paris-under-attack-witnesses-tell-of-explosions-and-bodies/story-fnihslxi-1227608730045
Quote:
Paris under attack: Witnesses tell of explosions and bodies

A WITNESS has described how attackers at a Paris concert hall where at least 15 people were killed shouted “Allahu akbar” (God is greatest) as they shot at the crowd.

At least 39 people have been killed in four attacks across the French capital...