BBC Documentary - Blaming The Jews (Muslim Antisemitism)

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 04:41 pm
FYI . . .

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 8,211 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 06:33 pm
@wmwcjr,
Isn't this old news, so to speak?
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 10:17 pm
@Foofie,
Yes, it is. Unfortunately.

But maybe somebody somewhere doesn't know about it. Smile Mr. Green
Foofie

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 02:45 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Yes, it is. Unfortunately.

But maybe somebody somewhere doesn't know about it. Smile Mr. Green

Non-Jews might not know this news, mainly because many live in a world of popular culture, and in that world Jews are "expendable." Ask the average person in the U.S. how many Jewish friends, he or she has. They would give you possibly a funny look like you were asking how many Martians they know.
djjd62

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 02:52 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Ask the average person in the U.S. how many Jewish friends, he or she has.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:01 pm
@djjd62,
That whole thing is annoying. I grew up in a mix of irish and jewish culture.
Foofie

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:45 pm
@ossobuco,
A sample size of one proves nothing.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 07:58 pm
@Foofie,
I was raised Protestant, but we have family who were raised Jewish and some good friends of my family were observant. I have been to my share of bar mitzvahs. I don't believe my family knew anyone who was Muslim. Now I know many people who are Jewish (and a couple people who are Muslim). But, I live in a very diverse community.

I don't think that it is right for you to think that Muslims are expendable.

oralloy

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 08:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Is there any evidence that he thinks that, other than in cases of lawful self defense (in which case it is OK to kill an aggressor)?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 03:01 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What I said, and you misconstrued was: Non-Jews might not know this news, mainly because many live in a world of popular culture, and in that world Jews are "expendable."
maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 03:48 pm
@Foofie,
Are the Jews expendable to you, Foofie? Or just the Muslims.
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 10:00 pm
Creeping Sharia: The ISLAMIZATION of the WEST

Watch it and weep. I'll never become a conservative, but at least I'm not so blind that I'm incapable of seeing that Islam is incompatible with a free society -- specifically, in a nation where the immigration of Muslims is not restricted to keep the Muslim population down to a low percentage. I'm convinced that those who defend Islam as supposedly being just another religion are willingly blind. If the current social trends continue, immigrants who publicly chant "DEATH TO THE WEST!" will get their wish. When that happens, the descendants of today's coddlers of criminal Muslims will curse the memories of their ancestors as they are forced to deal with the oppression of living in an Islamic state.

Go ahead. Thumb me down! (The anonymity allows such an inspiring expression of courage.) You impress no one but yourselves. You're only showing your intellectual and moral cowardice.

Perhaps you should move to Sweden or Denmark to experience the fruits of "multiculturalism" yourselves. Sweden, of all places, is now the rape capital of Europe! (I wonder how that happened.) Better yet, move to an Islamic state where gays are executed and women have no rights. Of course, how often do "progressives" object to any of this? [crickets chirping] A few such as Bill Maher do, but they're only exceptions to the rule. There are no Bill Mahers here.
oralloy

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 12:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Is there any evidence that he thinks that Muslims are expendable, other than in cases of lawful self defense (in which case it is OK to kill an aggressor)?

Of course the Jews are not expendable.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 02:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The question is offensive. Please stop the interrogation, with incorrect assumptions.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 03:20 pm
@Foofie,
Muslims are now the most oppressed ethnic minority in the US. The Jewish minority used to be oppressed, but now Jews are supported and accepted by almost everyone. Now it is the Muslims who are denigrated publicly the way that Jews used to be denigrated.

And you have jumped right on the denigration bandwagon Foofie.

Here is a question for you. Tell me one thing that you are saying about the Muslims that weren't also said about the Jews.
oralloy

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 03:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Muslims are now the most oppressed ethnic minority in the US.

Says who?

maxdancona wrote:
The Jewish minority used to be oppressed, but now Jews are supported and accepted by almost everyone.

Anti-Semitism is unfortunately prevalent and growing in the Democratic Party.

maxdancona wrote:
Now it is the Muslims who are denigrated publicly the way that Jews used to be denigrated.

Denigrate is a pretty strong word. How are Muslims being denigrated (publicly or otherwise)?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 05:01 pm
@Foofie,
I'm sure your point of view seems perfectly sensible to you just as everyone else's does to them, but my perception of your POV is that it is woven through with a certain amount of paranoia. Maybe it's just cynicism or bitterness born of personal experience. Maybe it's perfectly accurate: if anyone has a birthright of paranoia, it's someone born Jewish.

I can't say with any certainty. I'm not Jewish and so I definitely lack that particular POV, but I have and have had many Jewish friends and Jewish members of my extended family (ie in-laws and the children they have had with "blood" relations and are raising as Jewish).

I know it's a fact that there are far more "hate crimes" directed at Jews in America than any other "religious" group. In 2014 56.8% of religion based "hate crimes" were directed at Jews while 16.1% were, despite the alarms raised by the Media and the Left (redundant?) that Islamaphobia is rampant in this nation, directed at Muslims.

It's surprising, at least to me, that 6.1% were directed at Catholics. While this is a much smaller amount than what is suffered by Jews, it isn't really that far from the % directed at Muslims. One would think (again, at least I would) that from an assimilation basis, Jews are seen much more closely paired with Christians in general and Catholics in particular than Muslims. "Judeo-Christian" is thrown around all the time and yet Muslims who, it seems to me, are much more "The Other" than Jews receive less "hateful" attention than those who represent the "Judeo" portion of the "values" alloy so many declare our nation was built with.

So yes, anti-Semitism is alive and all too well in the USA, a fact that confounds and pains me, but to suggest that in the world of popular culture, Jews are "expendable." is, I think, a step too far.

Perhaps I don't understand your use of the word, and perhaps you are willing to elaborate.

I can imagine that in many places around the country there are plenty of Americans who don't have Jewish friends, but is it by choice or due to demographics? I don't know and I wonder if you think you do, and if so how?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 05:02 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

That whole thing is annoying. I grew up in a mix of irish and jewish culture.

What "whole thing" do you find annoying and how so?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 05:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

As one of the resident A2K anti-Islamaphobiacs, it's interesting (although unfortunately not surprising) that you've asserted without any basis evident in this thread, that Foofie finds Muslims expendable. This, your second go at it, is almost incoherent.

Why no response to either of the videos posted?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 05:10 pm
@wmwcjr,
This an excellent video.

I will be interested if anyone chooses to contest it's basic and specific messages.