Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:19 pm
@vikorr,
Funnily enough, there is an article in my local paper somewhat relating to this, today:

Fulll Story http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/time-to-unmask-the-cowardly-trolls/story-fnihsr9v-1227172205387
Quote:
Online abuse generally falls into one of four categories. The most common attacks the subject of the news story, most probably a politician. Criticising pollies is essential, but only when warranted, and only if directed at the individual’s words or actions and not their personal characteristics. For example, while condemning an MP for a proven lie is necessary, casting aspersions on his or her intelligence or appearance is not.

Then there’s the attack on fellow readers. Accusing others of bias, stupidity or worse, shuts down debate rather than opening it up. The problem is exacerbated by a handful of posters who dominate forums, each posting multiple comments on the same story with a viciousness that surely deters the civil-minded.

Less common are the comments directed at the journalist. Again, while pointing out factual errors is expected, attacking the writer with baseless accusations of corruption is dangerously close to defamation.

Probably the least excusable is the attack on the story’s neutral sources. Journalists seek out expert opinion as the “voice of reason” to explain exactly where the truth lies between competing claims. To accuse the public educator of bias for merely explaining the facts is beneath contempt and only shows up the abuser for his ignorance....

The tragedy is many abusers treat the insulating of the computer screen not as a democratic Acropolis but as a coward’s castle behind whose anonymous walls the trolls, troublemakers and tricksters can hide and create havoc. Abusers forget their targets are human and not machines. And they would never use the same language if meeting their victims face to face....
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:26 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I've noticed that you and I rarely see eye to eye on these forums. In relation to most of your reasoning for disagreeing - I think you either misconstrued, or missed the point of most of what I wrote.

By my reckoning we've really only disagreed once before, and I don't even remember what the subject was. I think it might have been a heated disagreement though. Since then, more often than not, I've agreed with your positions.

I do understand what you are trying to say on this subject. You think two sides are honestly misunderstanding each other.

I think one side is genuinely evil and is acting in bad faith.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 2 Jan, 2015 05:37 am
IzzythePOOP now on ignore...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 2 Jan, 2015 07:22 am
Just as well, the truth hurts when you're an inbred from pigfuck central too stupid to understand evolution.

Just because you're less intelligent than a chimpanzee doesn't mean evolution is wrong, it means you're atavistic.

(You'll probably have to look that last word up.)
coldjoint

Fri 2 Jan, 2015 10:05 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
inbred from pigfuck

Are you referring to the Pakistanis in the UK? You must be. Their inbreeding is well documented. You know, like your cowardice.http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/Uhoh009.gif
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 2 Jan, 2015 10:24 am

Quote:
Islamic "Reformation" fails as child marriage re-affirmed

That covers 1st cousins also. In fact an infant can be given in marriage.
Quote:
Fawzan insisted that nowhere does Sharia (or Islamic law) set an age limit for marrying girls: like countless Muslim scholars before him, he relied on Koran 65:4, which discusses marriage to females who have not yet begun menstruating (i.e., are prepubescent) and the fact that Muhammad, Islam’s role model, married Aisha when she was six or seven, “consummating” the marriage -- or, in modern/Western parlance, raping her -- when she was nine.

The grand point of the Saudi fatwa, however, is not that girls as young as nine can be married, based on Muhammad’s example, but rather that there is no age limit whatsoever. The only question open to consideration is whether the girl is physically capable of handling her “husband.”

Fawzan documented this point by quoting Ibn Battal’s authoritative exegesis of Sahih Bukhari:

The ulema [Islam’s scholars and interpreters] have agreed that it is permissible for fathers to marry off their small daughters, even if they are in the cradle. But it is not permissible for their husbands to have sex with them unless they are capable of being placed beneath and bearing the weight of the men. And their capability in this regard varies based on their nature and capacity. Aisha was six when she married the prophet, but he had sex with her when she was nine [that is, when she was deemed capable].

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/5489/islamic_reformation_fails_as_child_marriage_re_affirmed
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 2 Jan, 2015 12:48 pm
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/barack-michelle.jpg
Quote:
Barack says the world is better and safer. Maybe for him.
The death toll from Islamic terror doubled in 2014 and it is
nearly three times higher than before the 'Arab Spring'.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 12:48 pm
Full Storyhttp://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/charlie-hebdo-attack-multiple-fatalities-in-french-newspaper-shooting/story-fnihsmjt-1227177729494

Quote:
Charlie Hebdo attack: Multiple fatalities in French newspaper shooting

AT LEAST 12 people have been killed and 11 injured when gunmen armed with pump-action Kalashnikovs and a rocket-launcher opened fire at a French newspaper.

Two masked gunmen stormed Charlie Hebdo’s Paris headquarters about 11.30am Wednesday local time shouting “we have avenged the Prophet” and “Allahu Akbar” (Allah is the greatest) as they fired.

French media reports the gunmen went straight to the second floor, the location of the editorial department, and asked people who they were before shooting...
vikorr

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 03:01 pm
@vikorr,
Australian Cartoonist, stating he stayed up all night thinking about his fallen colleagues, paid tribute to their satire:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2015/01/09/1227178/998268-05a6d2a2-9739-11e4-b123-a468d5bc6e39.jpg

Story:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/editorial-paris-terrorism-shows-the-cancer-of-extremism-respects-none-of-our-freedoms/story-fnihsr9v-1227178907822

Of note in the article is this paragraph

Quote:
French authorities have named two brothers as prime suspects in the attack — one of whom, Chérif Kouachi, spent time in jail a few years ago for channelling French Islamists into Iraq. Both brothers had recently returned to their homeland after fighting in Syria, and have been linked to a Yemeni terrorist network.
0 Replies

vikorr

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 01:30 pm
Story http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/islamic-extremist-attack-in-nigeria-named-the-deadliest-massacre-in-history/story-fnihsmjt-1227180726580?sv=e2427bd0a4b862e091953a9d5fb84916

Quote:
Islamic extremist attack in Nigeria named the ‘deadliest massacre’ in history

HUNDREDS of bodies — too many to count — remain strewn in the bush in Nigeria from an Islamic extremist attack that Amnesty International suggested Friday is the “deadliest massacre” in the history of Boko Haram...

An Amnesty International statement said there are reports the town was razed and as many as 2,000 people killed.

If true, “this marks a disturbing and bloody escalation of Boko Haram’s ongoing onslaught,” said Daniel Eyre, Nigeria researcher for Amnesty International...
coldjoint

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 01:41 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Islamic extremist attack in Nigeria named the ‘deadliest massacre’ in history

If you peek at the thread about the attack in France you will see people making every possible excuse for Islam. If they do not care about dead Europeans, I doubt these people dying in Nigeria mean nothing.

They were probably Islamophobes anyway.
http://lunaticoutpost.com/images/icons/clever.gif
0 Replies

magnocrat

Mon 12 Jan, 2015 01:10 pm
A more sensible question might be are there any peaceful nations?
' Human evil is a natural phenomenon, and some level of predatory violence is innate in us.'
A quote from Sam Harris the atheist neuroscientist.
Robert Hare who spent most of his life working with prisoners believes there are 1% of psycopaths on the American population.
Perhaps we need to get to know ourselves a little better.
vikorr

Tue 13 Jan, 2015 02:00 am
From an Islamic perspective:

Full story
http://www.hizb-australia.org/media-centre/leaflets/item/1480-we-will-not-abandon-our-prophet-saw
Quote:
We Will Not Abandon Our Prophet

The scale and immediacy of the politicisation of the Charlie Hebdo incidents last week necessitates an exposition on the issue that would otherwise be undeserving.

People are killed everyday around the world in numbers and in circumstances that should put the events in France in perspective. The selective moral outrage displayed by some serves only to devalue the countless more lives lost every other day.

It seems some in Australia are arrogantly and irresponsibly heedless of the fact that provoking and insulting a people’s core beliefs is a matter that can only end in acrimony for everyone concerned. If that wasn’t enough, the biggest criminals of the world like Obama and Netanyahu are already seeking to exploit the events of last week for their predictable but nefarious purposes, despite the dust not settling and facts yet to be confirmed...

About this Australian Islamic Site:
http://www.hizb-australia.org/hizb-ut-tahrir/about-us
Quote:
Hizb ut-Tahrir is a political party whose ideology is Islam, so politics is its work and Islam is its ideology. It works within the Ummah and together with her, so that she adopts Islam as her cause and is led to restore the Khilafah and the ruling by what Allah (swt) revealed. ..

2. The Aim of Hizb ut-Tahrir
Its aim is to resume the Islamic way of life and to convey the Islamic da'wah to the world. This objective means bringing the Muslims back to living an Islamic way of life in Dar al-Islam and in an Islamic society such that all of life's affairs in society are administered according to the Shari'ah rules, and the viewpoint in it is the halal and the haram under the shade of the Islamic State, which is the Khilafah State...

Elsewhere on the site:

Full Story
http://www.hizb-australia.org/news/newsweek/item/1469-headlines-news-22-11-2014<br />
Quote:
ISIS Making Deadly Inroads in Libya, Pakistan and Afghanistan

...The Islamic State group and its leadership have become masters of grabbing attention. This week alone, the extremist network, also known as ISIS or ISIL, reportedly seized control of a coastal town in Libya, and released a grisly video of its fighters brandishing the severed head of a former Army Ranger turned aid worker Peter Kassig, along with those of dozens of captured Kurdish fighters. The Islamic State group is here to stay and it's not wasting time like al-Qaida did before. "The message they're trying to convey is they are brutal to their enemies, and they are righteous in their cause," says Karl Kaltenthaler, an expert on the rise of Islamic extremism and professor at the University of Akron. "If you mess with them, you're going to pay a high price, and they will stop at nothing to achieve the triumph of their vision for Islam." ...

Twitter followers: 5100 https://twitter.com/uthmanb
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 13 Jan, 2015 11:04 am
@magnocrat,
Quote:
A quote from Sam Harris the atheist neuroscientist.

Have you seen the videos of Harris and his opinion of Islam? Or articles?
Quote:
The idea that Islam is a “peaceful religion hijacked by extremists” is a dangerous fantasy—and it is now a particularly dangerous fantasy for Muslims to indulge. It is not at all clear how we should proceed in our dialogue with the Muslim world, but deluding ourselves with euphemisms is not the answer. It now appears to be a truism in foreign policy circles that real reform in the Muslim world cannot be imposed from the outside. But it is important to recognize why this is so—it is so because the Muslim world is utterly deranged by its religious tribalism. In confronting the religious literalism and ignorance of the Muslim world, we must appreciate how terrifyingly isolated Muslims have become in intellectual terms. The problem is especially acute in the Arab world. Consider: According to the United Nations’ Arab Human Development Reports, less than 2% of Arabs have access to the Internet. Arabs represent 5% of the world’s population and yet produce only 1% of the world’s books, most of them religious. In fact, Spain translates more books into Spanish each year than the entire Arab world has translated into Arabic since the ninth century.

Quote:
The Reality of Islam

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/the-reality-of-islam/

magnocrat

Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:46 am
@coldjoint,
I have an admiration for some of Sam Harris's opinions and took the trouble to read 'The Moral Landscape ' a noble attempt to give morals a scientific basis. In all things I'm an interested layman trying to make sense of a complicated world, looking to experts to help me form my opinions.
I know Sam Harris is very outspoken and believes we must confront religious beliefs head-on and that he thinks the Muslim faith is the most dangerous.
These outbreaks of violence are the last kicks of a dying horse for people however you may label them will always choose the freest system.
coldjoint

Wed 14 Jan, 2015 08:37 pm
@magnocrat,
Quote:
These outbreaks of violence are the last kicks of a dying horse for people however you may label them will always choose the freest system.

I suggest you read the Koran, there is no choice in Islam.
vikorr

Wed 14 Jan, 2015 10:33 pm
Full Story
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/raif-badawi-to-be-publicly-flogged-every-week-for-months-after-insulting-islam/story-fnihsmjt-1227185842850<br />
Quote:
Raif Badawi to be publicly flogged every week for months after ‘insulting Islam’.

HE IS brought before the crowd and whipped relentlessly 50 times with a long, hard cane.

But his wounds won’t have healed by the time Raif Badawi is due to be brought back to the same site tomorrow where he will endure the horrific punishment all over again - as he will every Friday for the next five months.

The father-of-three’s crime may seem innocent enough to most, but according to Saudi authorities Badawi, who set up a website for public debate, he insulted Islam...
magnocrat

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 02:51 am
@coldjoint,
That's a tall order I read a lot but its not my free choice of book. Already we have rebellion inside the Muslim conclave all over the world from Muslims. The rebellion will increase as time goes by and friction with the west maybe even troops in Syria. The Muslim world is not united too many have tasted and seen a better way. It will involve brave men and women but they are always in the wings. Twoo things bring unrest suppresion and poverty; both are in action.
magnocrat

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 03:01 am
@vikorr,
You don't have to convince me of the fortitude of this noble man or of the wickedness of his tormentors. Such systems have dogged the human race since history began and breaking free is a long process. Just how far we in the west should go is problomatic. It must always be remembered that there are those willing to do deals with the devil for personel comfort.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:43 am
@magnocrat,
Quote:
Already we have rebellion inside the Muslim conclave all over the world from Muslims.

Where? Do you have source that shows anything more than lip service?

Quote:
The Muslim world is not united too many have tasted and seen a better way.

Again the Koran will tell the Islamic world is united. It is called the Ummah. And people who have had a taste are leaving free countries to fight with ISIS.

You are listening to apologists.
0 Replies