Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Fri 9 Mar, 2018 12:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
Again I wonder at the point you are making. Is it safety? Or just that you felt safe? And how does that relate to my post? I can guess, but that often only achieves misunderstanding.
cicerone imposter

Fri 9 Mar, 2018 10:27 am
@vikorr,
I felt safe. It’s a personal experience and obsevation. I’m sure other people experienced differently, and I’m not here to argue with them. All I know is that I have had the opportunity to visit those places.
vikorr

Fri 9 Mar, 2018 04:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ah. As mentioned previously then, I'm glad you've felt safe, and had the opportunity to travel so widely.
izzythepush

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 06:03 am
If the victim was a Hindu and the perpetrators Muslim this would have headlined on Fox News, but because the victim is a Muslim it's largely unreported.

Quote:
The brutal gang rape and murder of an eight-year old girl has sparked outrage and anger across India.

The body of Asifa Bano, who belonged to a Muslim nomadic tribe, was found in a forest on 17 January near Kathua city of Indian-administered Kashmir.

The story made headlines this week when Hindu right-wing groups protested over the arrest of eight Hindu men.

The case has become a religious flashpoint in an already polarised Indian region.

The men the police have arrested include a retired government official, four police officers and a minor - all of them belong to a local Hindu community that has been involved in a land dispute with the Muslim nomads.

Outrage grew after two ministers from the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) attended a rally in support of the accused men.

Anger not only over the grisly murder but also the support for the accused quickly gathered momentum on Twitter with the hashtags #Kathua and #justiceforAsifa trending since Thursday.

Some people on Twitter have also compared Asifa's death with the brutal gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old woman in Delhi, which led to huge protests and changes in India's rape laws.

The crime took place in one of India's most restive regions. Since 1989, there has been an armed revolt in the Muslim-majority Kashmir valley against Indian rule - they valley is adjacent to Hindu-majority Jammu.

Asifa's family belongs to a community of Muslim nomadic shepherds who crisscross the Himalayas with their livestock. In the winter, they often travel from the valley to Jammu, where they use public forest land for grazing - this has recently brought them into conflict with some Hindu residents in the region.

Investigators believe that the accused men wished to force the nomads out of Jammu. After they were arrested, lawyers in Jammu city tried to stop police entering the court to file a charge sheet.

The lawyers were believed to be supporting a Hindu right-wing group that has alleged that the accused men are innocent, and have demanded that the case be transferred to India's federal police.

Rahul Gandhi, the chief of the main opposition Congress party, led a candlelight march in Delhi on Thursday night.

More protests have been planned to bring attention to brutal crimes against women in India.
The chief of Delhi Commission for Women, Swati Maliwal, has said she will be starting an indefinite fast from Friday to demand better security for women and children in the country.

Several other activists and women have also planned protests in Delhi and other parts of the country over the weekend.

Some people have also used the hashtag #Unnao to highlight another rape case in which a lawmaker is accused of raping a 16-year-old in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh.

Kuldeep Singh Sengar, 50, from the ruling BJP allegedly raped the girl last year in Unnao district. But her case was registered only after she tried to kill herself last week in front of the chief minister's home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-43749235
coldjoint

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If the victim was a Hindu and the perpetrators Muslim this would have headlined on Fox News, but because the victim is a Muslim it's largely unreported.

You are more or less saying it usually is Muslims committing the gang rapes, at least in the UK. right?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 13 Apr, 2018 05:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
As We Say ‘Never Again,’ Bangladesh’s Hindus Are in Imminent Danger

Quote:
Today, Bangladeshi Hindus are alone as they face extinction. Pakistan’s 1951 census counted Hindus as almost a third of East Pakistan’s population. When East Pakistan became Bangladesh in 1971, they were under a fifth of the population. Thirty years later, they were less than a tenth. Today’s estimates are about one in 15.

A continuous flood of verified, targeted atrocities have driven that population decline. My book, A Quiet Case of Ethnic Cleansing: The Murder of Bangladesh’s Hindus, documents many of them. The Bangladeshi government is not carrying out these atrocities, but it lets them proceed with impunity. It lets the criminals escape prosecution and even profits from their crimes.

Wake up.
https://www.algemeiner.com/2018/04/04/as-we-say-never-again-bangladeshs-hindus-are-in-imminent-danger/
0 Replies

sky123

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 06:04 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
"Izzythepush said:" If the victim was a Hindu and the perpetrators Muslim this would have headlined on Fox News, but because the victim is a Muslim it's largely unreported.

May I interrupt this discussion with my broken English just a minute?!
What you said Mr. Izzythepush is absolutely true. From my observations, I realized that in fact some (or many) Americans are inundated in their own lives. They just listen to the distorted news that their media spread and only a few of these lies will be revealed when there is something like presidential rally or so on. And one of them that I by my own eyes saw was when Trump in his presidential campaign said: "Hillary Clinton and Obama founded ISIS". It wasn't a simple attack. In fact it was a confession.
Unfortunately I came into this conclusion that some Americans loved to be duped and that's so bad...
Hi Vikkor. I know that you are going to tell me "that's another topic" Wink But simply it is NOT.
We are facing a deliberate censorship from western media. It is worth mentioning that only 1% of Muslims are of "Takfiri" ideology. So it is not the problem with Islam. It's the problem with "Takfirism". Who is advocating "Takfirism"? We should have a read on "Ibn Tymia (ابن تیمیه)" and the evolution of "Wahhabism" from "Salafism" and carefully consider who was behind this evolution... Who is taking advantage of it right now? How much successful have been the oil dollars to shut the mouth of world peace organizations? Why there was no shedding light on the number of times that US airplanes unloaded weapons on the regions that was under the control of ISIL and then they called it only a simple "mistake"!!!
This world is the world of "actions" and "reactions". To solve the problem, we need to know who is the beneficiary of the reactions .
oralloy

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 06:09 am
@sky123,
sky123 wrote:
Why there was no shedding light on the number of times that US airplanes unloaded weapons on the regions that was under the control of ISIL and then they called it only a simple "mistake"!!!

When Muslims attack people, it is appropriate for those people to defend themselves.
http://web.archive.org/web/20011005202256if_/rfjason.com/images/mommylibertycolor.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 06:32 am
@sky123,
The problem is that many, if not all, of the anti Muslim posters on this thread are poorly educated bigots. They don't understand the distinction between Shia and Sunni let alone any of the other groups. They're simple minded fascists who can only think in terms of black and white.

They genuinely believe the nonsense that 9/11 happened out of the blue and is because Muslims hate their freedoms. They believe it because it's very simple, the alternative would be to examine the real reasons which would mean taking responsibility for creating the conditions that allowed groups like IS and Al Qaida to flourish.

To be honest they wouldn't understand it anyway even if they wanted to.
coldjoint

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 11:29 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The problem is that many, if not all, of the anti Muslim posters on this thread are poorly educated bigots.

No, that is not it. Instead of calling people names try the facts about Islam you will never admit. The Sunni and Shia split have nothing to do with the shared goal of domination. If you do not know that, you are ignorant about Islam, not others.

Your country is now Nazi like enforcing Sharia on those who dare to speak up.
You are the last to give anyone advice on Islam. Sky123 ignore him, he is lying.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 01:19 pm
@sky123,
See what I mean. Put them on ignore, they're not worth your time.
coldjoint

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
See what I mean.

Izzy insists on his whitewashed version of Islam. Islam is destroying his country, raping their children and making their streets unsafe.

Islam is an intolerant, supremacist, violent and hateful complete system of living. It is proven by the actions of some Muslims and explained clearly in Islamic literature. Izzy denies these facts, again he is a liar and a coward when it comes to Islam. You would be wise to put him on ignore.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 02:24 pm
Anytime Izzy, or anyone for that matter, wishes to debate what Islam says with me, I am right here.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 05:16 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
They genuinely believe the nonsense that 9/11 happened out of the blue and is because Muslims hate their freedoms.

al-Qa'ida and Islamic State have always been very clear on the fact that they are opposed to democracy and human rights, and that their goal is to conquer the world and abolish them.

That's why leftists were so happy about the 9/11 massacre. They hate democracy and human rights too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 06:46 pm
@vikorr,
World Muslim population by percentage
A map of Muslim populations by numbers, (Pew Research Center, 2009).
Adherents of Islam constitute the world's second largest religious group. According to a study in 2015, Islam has 1.8 billion adherents, making up about 24% of the world population.[1]

Having traveled to many Muslim majority countries, I don't understand why Muslims have a bad reputation in our country - except for the fact that Trump tried to ban all Muslims from entering our country - which to me is moronic. I didn't feel any different from traveling majority Christian countries like Italy and most of Europe than I did traveling Muslim majority countries like Indonesia, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, India, and Malaysia.

Religious' bigotry as expressed by Donald Trump is ignorance of the extreme kind.
coldjoint

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 07:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Islam constitute the world's second largest religious group. According to a study in 2015, Islam has 1.8 billion adherents, making up about 24% of the world population.[1]

That is not good news. It shows the urgency of telling the public Islam is different than other religions and why it is. If Islam has a problem with that it is time to ask why. If the answer is terror it is time to challenge their beliefs on the world stage, or at least in the Western world.

Remember Islam preaches hate for non-Muslims along with hate for anything that is not Islamic. A quarter of the world taught to hate.

Also Islam will not coexist. The only way for a country to survive is to limit the number of Muslims it allows in. None would be ideal. Why won't they migrate to Arab(Islamic) countries?

Why are we responsible because they enjoy killing one another?

0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 30 Apr, 2018 08:59 pm
@sky123,
Quote:
Hi Vikkor. I know that you are going to tell me "that's another topic" Wink But simply it is NOT.
Hello Sky. I've made the point myself that western media is severely biased.

Quote:
Unfortunately I came into this conclusion that some Americans loved to be duped and that's so bad...
Well, it's certainly one way of looking at things. My version is that western people (in general) want to believe in whats comfortable to them, like to sprout the latest lines of propaganda, and much more importantly - are extremely lazy when it comes to doing their own research to find out the truth of things told to them (by media, or politicians)

Whether this is just western people, or all people, I don't know for certain - my suspicion is it is all people. Your statement on Trump reinforces the idea that it is all peoples.

Quote:
Why there was no shedding light on the number of times that US airplanes unloaded weapons on the regions that was under the control of ISIL and then they called it only a simple "mistake"!!!
See the blue text above

Quote:
Trump in his presidential campaign said: "Hillary Clinton and Obama founded ISIS". It wasn't a simple attack. In fact it was a confession.
Err, you are aware that:
- Trump was not a politician prior to running for presidency
- was not in a position to know about such things; and
- many people believe Trump was just making up whatever he liked during the election campaign because he was 'on the biggest reality show on earth'?

If you believe that, then it's likely media bias in your own country - just like there is media bias in the west.

It is true that the american beauracracy made several idiotic decisions that contributed to the establishment of ISIS, including putting Al-Bagdadi and several other high ranking ISIS leaders all in the same prison. It's easy enough to see why they did this - it's common practice in western countries just to lump 'offenders' into prisons, and the worst ones go to specific high security prisons. Seriously, what did they think was going to happen when hardcore jihadis who had never previously met, were thrown into the same prision together? Networking.

Quote:
It is worth mentioning that only 1% of Muslims are of "Takfiri" ideology. So it is not the problem with Islam
1% of 1.6B (is that the right population?) is 16,000,000 is it not. The other issue is with the percentage of supporters through to sympathisers through to those who are silenced (wont speak against them for fear of violence, social isolation, accusations of apostacy/bigotry or other effects). I have previously posted surveys of sympathisers - it is a substantial percentage.

In any event, there isn't a logical connection between your two sentences. That it is only 1% does not mean they do not follow a legitimate version on Islam. There were vast pressures put on Islam by the west in the 1800's & 1900's. And by the fact that it was only in Arabic. Islam changed a lot during those times. It certainly doesn't currently follow (as a whole) the behaviour of the early generations to go out and conquer lands.

Quote:
How much successful have been the oil dollars to shut the mouth of world peace organizations?
Hmmm:
- how does encouraging extremism help keep the flow of oil going?
- Do you have any idea how much counter-terrorism is costing western governments?

Quote:
This world is the world of "actions" and "reactions". To solve the problem, we need to know who is the beneficiary of the reactions .
Yep. The problem I see with some of your views that I challenged, is there are much more credible reasons than what you are proposing. That said, I may have missed something, so I am happy for you to either explain, or for you to point me in the direction of your source.
0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 30 Apr, 2018 09:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, the 'problem' I have with you comes from two different viewpoints:

- you don't acknowledge any terrorism committed in the name of Islam
- you won't discuss any terrorism committed in the name of Islam
- you don't even acknowledge there is a problem
- you don't acknowledge any of the scriptural basis that the jihadi's possess
- it appears that, as far as you are concerned, all discussion relating to Islamist terrorism is off the table, should never be discussed, and must be shut down at all costs; and so

2. You scream vitriol at people who don't agree with your view (including directed towards me).

This sir, is the very definition of bigot.

Despite your frequent use of the word bigot - I do wish you would not be so hypocritical.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bigot
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bigot
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigot?s=t
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/bigot
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot?src=search-dict-box

Basically, I find you, in this area, very, very close minded. Open minded people are happy to discuss events that disagree with their views. They are happy to acknowledge evidence that disagrees with them, or causes problems with their views. I don't find you having done any of this in any part of this thread.

Sky by comparison, I find quite open minded.

The situation does strike me as sad, as I've seen numerous intelligent statements come from you.
cicerone imposter

Mon 30 Apr, 2018 09:48 pm
@vikorr,
Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder. When we dropped the atomic bombs in Japan, was it terrorism or not? According to the Geneva Convention, civilians are supposed to be off limits.
oralloy

Mon 30 Apr, 2018 09:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder.

No. Terrorists deliberately target civilians.

cicerone imposter wrote:
When we dropped the atomic bombs in Japan, was it terrorism or not?

Not. The A-bombs were dropped on military targets.

cicerone imposter wrote:
According to the Geneva Convention, civilians are supposed to be off limits.

Which is why we dropped the A-bombs on military targets.
0 Replies