Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

cicerone imposter

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 07:30 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
That is surprising to hear, because I have visited Tunisia, and I never experienced any safety issues. My visit to Tunisia was 12-16 years ago, and I remember visiting where they filmed Star Wars and the English Patient. Our visit included Tunis, Dougga, Sousse, Sfax, Tozeur, and Douz. I remember riding the "red" trains.
Amel Mrissa

Sun 12 Jun, 2016 06:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit !
Things are quite different today, sir.
0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:26 am
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/hostages-holed-up-in-nightclub-shooting-in-orlando-florida/news-story/742116958ff82954189c3a25a60c7bd1

Quote:
Orlando gay nightclub shooting: 50 killed, suspect is Omar Mateen

...FIFTY people are now known to have died in a shooting in a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, and a state of emergency has been declared, the city’s mayor Buddy Dyer has said.

The gunman, named by officials as Omar Mateen, was killed after taking hostages...

...Chief Mina said that there was communication with the gunman during the hostage situation, but did not give details. The gunman reportedly identified himself. Moments before he opened fire, he called 911 and declared his allegiance to ISIS, reports NBC News. He also made reference to the Boston Bombers.
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 01:43 am
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/family-of-policeman-taken-hostage-near-paris/news-story/197318f8a99eb1ac0a6d3320fcaacb3e
Quote:
Family of policeman taken hostage near Paris

A CONVICTED jihadist claiming allegiance to Islamic State has stabbed to death a police commander and his partner at their home on the outskirts of Paris before being shot dead during a police raid...

...The attacker called out the same “God is Great” in Arabic as he stabbed the 42-year-old non-uniformed police commander nine times in the stomach at the front door of his house as he returned home from work at the nearby Les Mureaux station shortly before 9pm....
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 01:49 am
And something that we need to see more of:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/orlando-shooting-thousands-attend-vigils-worldwide-for-victims-of-the-terror-attack-at-pulse-nightclub/news-story/25b944aa52606abe91c80f2a8fb23baf

Quote:
Imam Muhammad Musri, president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, called for a ban on assault weapons before declaring he would march in Washington DC on July 23 with other Muslim leaders to denounce the “cancer” of terrorism.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 16 Jun, 2016 09:46 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/french-police-arrest-islamic-extremist-alleged-to-have-been-plotting-attack-on-tourists-in-carcasonne/news-story/bcff7c631fce840ff9f6ad4d1a2d40fc

Quote:
French police arrest Islamic extremist alleged to have been plotting attack on tourists in Carcasonne

A RADICALISED convert to Islam has been arrested in France for allegedly planning to attack American and Russian tourists at a popular medieval site.

News of the arrest came as the country reeled from yet another terror attack, after an extremist pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group killed a policeman and his partner at their home in the Paris suburb of Magnanville on Monday.

A judicial source said the 22-year-old suspect was arrested on Monday night in southern Carcassonne where he had gone to carry out “a violent act, in particular targeting Americans and Russians”...
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 08:47 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/dhaka-firefight-in-bangladesh-restaurant-gunmen-and-police-in-shootout/news-story/e7e81640fc0c305065ccfff1be9a752d
Quote:
Dhaka firefight in Bangladesh restaurant: Gunmen and police in shootout

HEAVILY armed Bangladeshi commandos have stormed a Dhaka restaurant where suspected Islamist militants were holding dozens of people hostage after a deadly firefight with police, a security official said...
0 Replies

momoends

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 05:02 am
@MyOwnUsername,
JORDANIA
0 Replies

sky123

Mon 11 Jul, 2016 02:03 pm
@CerealKiller,
You know nothing!!!
Just watching some Hollywood movies and then "Are there any peaceful muslim nations?"!!!!
First of all as an Iranian I am proud of my country. Beautiful seas, mountains, jungles, rivers, ski slopes, deserts.. history, culture, persian language...
You might think we bite each other in the streets of Tehran or we are everyday planning to fight someone else...
But my dear that's not true at all!!!
We have our own life. We work. We travel. We love. We set up a family. Life goes on. Beautiful. A secure country in the midst of these tumults.
We love to have a peaceful relationship with the world. Why would we hate?!!!
Our president, Mr Rouhani has visited many countries, Asia,Arab countries, Europe, Africa, Latin America...He is good. He does his best.
We have suffered much more than what you think from terrorism.
Those who think beheading people is an islamic order! must have more studies and open their minds. ISIS and Al Qaeda are firstly a threat for us and then you. Keep sure.
But..
Who imposed the toughest sanctions ever that dropped our currency to 80%?
ٌWho says we try to grant democracy to Iran and then prevent other countries to sell DRUGS to us? (Let's suppose that some people in our country died of just not having a simple pill)
Who says " democracy" and then prevent other countries to sell airliners to us? just look at plane crashes..
Although we did everything that we agreed in JCPOA the head of our central bank said: "Almost NOTHING have done from P5+1 since we signed JCPOA" why???
What kind of peace, democracy is this???????

ossobucotemp

Mon 11 Jul, 2016 04:56 pm
@sky123,
You just answered a twelve year old opening post to a thread.

I have had friends from Iran, and am not anti muslim.

I'm sure I disagree with some people on the thread, but I don't follow it anymore.

Advice: look at the dates when someone posts.
izzythepush

Tue 12 Jul, 2016 02:49 am
@sky123,
Osso is right. A2K is fairly diverse, and a lot of the real extremists have left, (Coldjoint being a prime example.) There are some Islamophobics still left and this thread attracts them. You're going to get a very distorted view of this place from this thread.

Try posting on a more general thread, you'll get a better feel that way.
0 Replies

sky123

Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:53 am
@ossobucotemp,
Thank you for your caustic advice! also thank izzythepush!!
keep sure I see the time of a post!
but it is so hard to you when you search Islam and you see on top of any post such a disgusting topic.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:52 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/vehicle-crashes-into-crowd-in-nice-france-during-bastille-day-celebrations/news-story/a4bab1f2a26ee37b0c246d934e0815ed

Quote:
Vehicle crashes into crowd in Nice, France, during Bastille Day celebrations

A TRUCK has ploughed into a crowd in Nice in a terrorist attack, killing at least 77 people and injuring 42, at Bastille Day celebrations.

Many of the dead were children, French President Francois Hollande said. He declared a state of emergency and said it could not be denied that the massacre was a “terrorist attack”.

The driver of the truck, a 31-year-old man of Tunisian origin, was shot dead after barrelling two kilometres through the crowd on the palm-lined Promenade des Anglais, sending hundreds fleeing in terror and leaving the area strewn with bodies.

The gunman fired into the crowd after emerging from his vehicle. Police say a large cache of weapons was found in the back of the truck.

A second suspect is thought to have fled the scene and is believed to be on the run.

“An individual drove a truck into the crowd. He was killed by police,” said interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet...
vikorr

Sat 16 Jul, 2016 04:43 am
@vikorr,
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/french-security-chief-warned-the-country-was-on-brink-of-civil-war/news-story/d98b9b8e9824659c9768fe12ee8f2e42

Quote:
French security chief warned the country was on ‘brink of civil war’

JUST months before an apparent attack in Nice, France’s most senior security chief delivered a chilling warning.

Patrick Calvar, head of the General Directorate for Internal Security, reportedly told a closed parliamentary commission in May that just one more major Islamist terror attack could lead to a right-wing backlash, and a confrontation between the extreme right and Muslims in France.

“We are on the brink of a civil war,” Mr Calvar reportedly said, according to French newspaper Le Figaro, noting that the clash could present a bigger threat than the terrorism itself.

Anti-Muslim sentiment appears to be on the rise in France and other areas of Europe where there has been an influx of refugees from Syria and a number of terrorist attacks linked to Islamic State.

“Europe is in great danger, extremism is growing everywhere,” Mr Calvar said.

“I think this confrontation is going to happen. One or two more attacks and it will take place. It is up to us to anticipate and stop all those groups who would trigger clashes.”...

I don't know if this will prove to be accurate - but it does highlight French government concerns.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 19 Jul, 2016 03:05 pm
Your fear mongering is uncalled for. Unfortunately, Trump also uses fear which seems to attract about 30% of Americans. Most are the older white and uneducated. That figures.

What we need to fear are people like you who doesn't understand how the majority would act if anyone like Trump tries to win the highest office in the world. It just won't happen.

Trump has already lost most minorities, women, and LGBT voters. His wall will never be built. Not in my life time.
vikorr

Tue 19 Jul, 2016 04:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And in response to that, I would mention this - prior to Trump winning the nomination, I was saying to work colleagues "The only way Trump will win the nomination, is if their politicians have completely failed their constituents"

And it turns out this has happened.

By completely failed their constituents, I meant they weren't 'talking about matters that are important to their constituents', and 'implementing working solutions to perceived problems'

In Australia, we just held our Federal Elections, and a woman who hasn't been in office for well over a decade (Pauline Hason) - who polarised the country previously with her views, just got voted back in, and quite substantially. I think this is because in Australia too, politicians are not talking about what is important to many Australians. I can't say I like her views - I find them uneducated and bigoted. The point of mentioning her though, is that like Trump, she speaks her mind on topics that are (currently) important to people.

Attempting to silence people for talking about history (or about their concerns) is one of the reasons Trump is where he is. It's one of the reasons Pauline Hanson is where she is.

If politicians were to engage in open and honest dialogue about the issues, and if they were seen to be providing a workable solution - I have little doubt that neither Trump nor Hanson would be where they are now.

As I mentioned previously in this thread - if they deny the problem, they will slowly lose control of the message.

I hope Trump doesn't win your Presidential Office. I think that would be a disaster.
auroreII

Tue 19 Jul, 2016 09:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump is a jerk (my opinion), maybe even a fanatic, but he has a right to run for president and people have the right to vote for him. You on the other hand have a right to speak the truth against him and vote for somebody else.
You seem to be making the point for this article by saying that fanatics that use fear mongering should not be ignored and that people need to take a stand so it doesn’t get so out of hand to where the fanatics will steal your rights, freedom and humanity.
Anyway I tried to delete this article because I looked it up on snopes and the article was not written by who it says wrote it and it is piece meal from the original. I liked what it said about not sticking your head in the sand when a threat is looming, but see it for what it truly is and once you do then help and pull other people’s heads out of the sand. Able2know wouldn’t let me delete it and apparently I killed a hamster or two when I tried.
cicerone imposter

Tue 19 Jul, 2016 09:13 pm
@auroreII,
You call Trump a jerk. He's much more than that. He's a narcissist, a racial bigot, a woman hater, doesn't know the Constitution, and a xenophobe.
Ban all Muslims from coming to the US? That's not even realistic. Build a wall between the US and Mexico? That's not realistic either.
He shoots off his mouth without engaging his brain.
vikorr

Tue 19 Jul, 2016 10:18 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/is-claims-german-train-axe-attack-officials-reject-direct-link-to-terror-group/news-story/ff095c071a3a020afcd69a3cf915a2c2

Quote:
IS claims German train axe attack, officials reject direct link to terror group

ISLAMIC State has released a propaganda video of what it claims is the teenager who carried out the German train axe attack under its name.

...The teenager, an Afghan refugee, was shot and killed by police after launching his attack on train passengers near the northern Bavarian town of Würzburg on Monday.

The teen was armed with an axe and knife when he stabbed passengers, which seriously injured four people...

The teenager reportedly shouted “Allahu akbar” (“God is great”) during the axe and knife attack...
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 01:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
He's a narcissist, a racial bigot, a woman hater, doesn't know the Constitution, and a xenophobe.

Funny how Trump is the one who is actually defending our Constitutional rights and Hillary is the one who is pledging to violate our Constitutional rights.

As for the rest, whenever liberals run out of arguments to defend their bankrupt ideology they start calling people racists.
0 Replies