3
   

islam and homosexuality

 
 
Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:12 am
Assalam Aleikum I have a friend who. possesses natural characters of homosexuals. And am his confidant who wishes to help him overcome this evil feeling him. so how can i address this basing on Islamic grounds ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 8,702 • Replies: 170

 
kickycan
 
  2  
Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 09:18 am
May I ask, where in the Islamic religion does it say that homosexuality is evil?
0 Replies
 
IsmailaGodHasHeard
 
  4  
Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 11:20 pm
@kasozi hassan,
There is nothing wrong with being gay or bisexual.
0 Replies
 
Fatihah
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 01:14 pm
@kasozi hassan,
Homosexuality is definately a dispicable act and is highly condemned in islam. You should first inform your friend that homosexuality is based on lust, not love, and that sexual activity based on lust is wrong. When I refer to lust, I'm referring to the act of using someone sexually for their own pleasure. For example, if I hug a woman to comfort her, this is an act of love, which is o.k. But if I hug a woman, not with the intent to comfort her, but to fulfill my personal crave for affection, then this is absolutely wrong. For I am using her emotionally to satisfy myself. This is the most heinous of acts. To use a person is already a harsh thing to do. But to use someone on an intimate level is a disgrace. This we already should know. Think about it. Ask yourself why a woman feels so devastated and dramatized when she is raped or cheated on. It is because she was used sexually. For sex is the most intimate of embraces. So to be used for something which is so intimate to someone will naturally be devastating to them. This is why sex based on lust is highly condemned and wrong in islam, for sex based on lust is the idea of using someone to fulfill your own sexual desires, which is the same root action possessed by rapists and pedophiles. And it is this which is why homosexuality is wrong, for it is based on lust, not love.

So tell you friend to abstain from sex, and instead, focus on loving and caring for a woman without sex, and simply do so to make her happy. By doing so, insha'Allah, he will develop the natural male urge to love a woman once he discover the joy of seeing the smile he puts on her face, which will ultimately encourage him to develop the physical desire to love a woman sexually as well.
djjd62
 
  3  
Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 01:38 pm
@Fatihah,
Fatihah wrote:
You should first inform your friend that homosexuality is based on lust, not love, and that sexual activity based on lust is wrong.


so you're saying a man can't love another man, it's purely sexual

now maybe that's been your experience, but i doubt it's a great way to label a group of people
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 01:40 pm
@kasozi hassan,
Apparently Muslim idiots aren't much different than Christian idiots (peace be upon them).
Lustig Andrei
 
  3  
Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 01:44 pm
@Fatihah,
Fatihah wrote:
You should first inform your friend that homosexuality is based on lust, not love, and that sexual activity based on lust is wrong. When I refer to lust, I'm referring to the act of using someone sexually for their own pleasure.


That is the biggest crock of shite I have ever heard. Where do you get your information that homosexuality is "based on lust, not love"? Ridiculous!
djjd62
 
  3  
Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 01:45 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Where do you get your information that homosexuality is "based on lust, not love"? Ridiculous!


i suspect it might be first hand knowledge Wink

always a bridesmaid, never a bride Crying or Very sad
0 Replies
 
Al-Fatihah
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:21 am
@djjd62,

"so you're saying a man can't love another man, it's purely sexual

now maybe that's been your experience, but i doubt it's a great way to label a group of people".

Response: No. I'm saying that a man can love another man, but cannot love another man sexually. Their sexual attraction stems from lust, not love.
Al-Fatihah
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:32 am
@Lustig Andrei,
The fact that you can't refute it shows that your own rebuttaal is the actual nonsense. Homosexuality is clearly based on lust and not love. How do we know? Well, besides the obvious fact that heterosexuals are humans with the same nature as a homosexual, so it's clearly easy to understand each other's nature and the difference between lust and love, the answer is very simple.

Homosexuals themselves state that they are able to love the same sex sexually, but not the opposite. By doing so, they are also acknowledging that there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. Yet, if you were to ask a homosexual what is that difference, even they wouldn't be able to answer. Nor can you. Go on and answer the question? What is the difference in sexual nature between all men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually, but not the opposite? Not a single person on the forum, or in the world, including homosexuals themselves, can answer this question. So your logic is the complete nonsense.

Homosexuality is based on lust, and not love, is the obvious answer.


0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  4  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:18 am
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:
I'm saying that a man can love another man, but cannot love another man sexually. Their sexual attraction stems from lust, not love.


so do many heterosexual relationships, does that make them evil and despicable

making such broad statements about people is never a good idea

as an example, after 9/11 many folks now view all Muslims as terrorists, this is clearly not the case, just as your statement is clearly not the case, everyone loves and lusts for any number of reasons, if you disagree with homosexuality, so be it, but don't generalize, it does no good
Al-Fatihah
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:32 am
@djjd62,
Yes. Any sexual relation based on lust, including heterosexuals, is wrong. Such a question itself is illogical. When one lust, it is the act to please their own affection. So this is clearly wrong, for when you lust sexually, then it includes the act of using someone sexually to please yourself. Using someone sexually is clearly wrong.

Secondly, making such broad statements is the best of ideas. For clearly, using a person sexually is wrong and to not state so broadly is evil.

Whether people love and lust for different reasons does not change the very act of love and lust. So unless you can tell us the difference in the sexual nature between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually but not the opposite, then your argument completely fails.

Homosexuality is based on lust, so it is a dispicable and wrongful act.
djjd62
 
  2  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:40 am
@Al-Fatihah,
so if both acts of lust based relationship are wrong, why focus only on homosexuality, you can no more prove that two same sex folks are only interested in lust, than i can that they love each other, so we'll just have to agree to disagree

jcboy
 
  1  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:43 am
@Al-Fatihah,
I’ll bet you’d change your mind if you ever ran into a 6 foot 2 inch buff, 8’5 inch uncircumcised shaved headed Puerto Rican.
0 Replies
 
Al-Fatihah
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 10:03 am
@djjd62,
I don't focus on homosexuality, but that's the topic of the thread.

Furthermore, the proof that homosexuality is based on lust is quite obvious. Again, Homosexuals themselves state that they are able to love the same sex sexually, but not the opposite. By doing so, they are also acknowledging that there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. Yet, if you were to ask a homosexual what is that difference, even they wouldn't be able to answer. Nor can you answer. So what is the difference? Let's further analyze.

Love is a feeling of appreciation. A feeling of appreciation you get for being the caregiver and protector to someone, or for being cared for and protected by someone. For example, why does a child love their parent? It is because of the feeling of appreciation they get because the parent cares and provides and protects the child. Yet, why does the parent love the child? The newborn child does not care or provide anything. No. A parents love to their newborn is due to the feeling of appreciation they get for caring and providing and protectiong someone.

But since we are talking about loving someone sexually and we know that love comes from a feeling of appreciation for being the caregiver and protector or from being cared for or protected, then that means that loving someone SEXUALLY either comes from one's feeling of appreciation to care and protect someone or to show appreciation for being cared for and protected by someone. For the convenience of this discussion, we will call:

"Loving someone sexually which derives from one's feeling of appreciation to caregive and protect" as form A.

"Loving someone sexually which derives from showing feelings of appreciation for being cared for and protected" as form B.

Now let us remember what homosexuals themselves say. Remember, not even homosexuals themselves can tell you specifically what is in their nature which makes them allegedly love the same sex sexually but not the opposite. However, such a claim means that they themselves are acknowledging that male and female sexual attraction is different. Yet since we know that loving someone sexually derives in only two forms as explained above, then that again means that homosexuals acknowledge that either gender can only have one or the other form. Thus the question is which form belongs to which gender? Again, the answer is obvious.

Form A must obviously be the sexual nature of attraction of men, not women, because Form A derives from the nature of a protector and in comparison to women, man's nature is in more accordance to being a protector than woman's. For men are physically bigger and stronger and less sensitive, making them more inclined to engage in physical combat when there is danger than women. This means that a woman's nature to love someone sexually derives from Form B. Since a man's desire to love someone sexually derives from his desire to be the caregiver and protector of someone, then that means that he can only love another woman sexually, not a man, for there is nothing in a man's nature which makes another man love him sexually. Why? Well what makes a person want to protect someone naturally? It's someone who is sensitive, delicate, weaker, smaller, pretty, adorable,etc. Think of why we see a kitten and want to love and care for it, pet it, etc. It is because of its adorable and cuddly appearance which makes us naturally want to love and care for the kitten. For by nature, someone which is adorable and sensitive draws out one's desire to love and protect them. This is a natural reaction. This is why we feel the natural need to love and protect a child, because of their adorable appearance and sensitive nature. However, a man's appearance is not cute and cuddly. His voice is not soft and light. Thus a man can not possibly love another man sexually, especially in preference over a woman. For a man does not posses the physical appearance necessary to draw another man to love him sexually. And since a woman's desire to love someone sexually comes from protection, then it's not possible for a woman to love another woman sexually. Why? Well what makes one see someone as a protector naturally? It's size, aggression, bigger, stronger, muscle, deeper voice box, etc. However, a woman's body does not resemble power and strength. These are attributes of men, not women. A woman's body is soft and curvy, with no muscle build. Thus it is not possible for a woman to love another woman sexually, especially in preference over men. For a woman does not posses the physical build or appearance necessary to draw another woman to love her sexually.

In conclusion, we see that, in accordance to nature itself, it is not humanly possible for the same sex to love each other sexually. Surely, they can love each other. Surely, they can engage in sexual activities. But these sexual activities do not come from love, but from lust, as demonstrated. As such, homosexuality is wrong, because it is based on lust, which is the idea of using one sexually to fulfill ones own sexual desires. This kind of mindstate is horrific, as it is the same mindstate of rapists and pedophiles. Using someone is already wrong. But to use someone sexually is one of the most terrible things someone can do. This is what sex based on lust is, which is wrong. And since homosexuality is based on lust, it is wrong as well.
djjd62
 
  3  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:42 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
what a load of crap, you want to believe that because it makes you feel better about not liking homosexuals

the real fact is all people love who they love for any number of reasons
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:48 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:
Homosexuality is based on lust


I'm not sure who told you that - but they lied to you.
ehBeth
 
  3  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 03:51 pm
@Fatihah,
Fatihah wrote:

Homosexuality is definately a dispicable act and is highly condemned in islam.


this is not correct either. The condemnation is cultural, not based in Islam. My Muslim friends have clarified that for me whenever I ask them about silly comments like yours.
Lustig Andrei
 
  2  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 04:26 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
All sexual activity, whether hetero or homosexual, is based on lust to some extent. The presence of lust does not mean an absence of love.
Al-Fatihah
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:09 pm
@djjd62,
In other words, you couldn't refute a thing stated, thus supporting the fact that homosexuality is a dispicable and wrongful act. Thanks for the clarification.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » islam and homosexuality
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/14/2020 at 11:10:23