Sad State of Affairs

Ionus

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 10:34 pm
"I'm homosexual and I'm afraid about what my future will be and that people won't like me."

https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/10437336_1010497585691008_1363796896160052117_n.jpg?oh=37570549109ee6b025534be010aa9013&oe=56215F58

This picture from "Humans of New York" prompted Hillary Clinton to say "Prediction from a grown-up: Your future is going to be amazing."

Can someone dislike homosexuality and yet support homosexuals as human beings ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,039 • Replies: 11
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 11:04 pm
@Ionus,
Somehow this is not right. How can a child this young make a statement about his sexual orientation?

And what 'adult' helped him to interpret?

It makes about as much sense as choosing a carreer.
Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:58 am
@neologist,
They said he was a teenager...13 ? Anyway, he looks very young and you are right, how does someone that young have a determined sexuality ?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:33 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
"I'm homosexual and I'm afraid about what my future will be and that people won't like me."
Considering all the people who are out to scare you(the global warming proponents to name one) I am not surprised that you are afraid of what your future will be. And being afraid that people will not like you is so common as the be the general condition of your age group.

As per usual there is a lot less to this political pressure groups creation than meets the eye.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 08:15 pm
Actually what I was hoping to discuss was :
Quote:
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 08:20 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Actually what I was hoping to discuss was :
Quote:

hate the sin but love the sinner has a long record of being part of the human experience. Which you surely know. Are you being a troll?
Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 08:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
No . I am vilified here for hating homosexuality but I still try to extend my full respect to homosexuals . That doesn't mean they get a freetrip if they want to vilify me, but in general I try to be polite . I have known and still know a lot of homosexuals and have always found them to have less ego problems than the average male .

I was interested to see if people think it is possible or do they think you have to support homosexuality to support homosexuals . Seeing the kid and his trauma made me wonder .
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:48 am
@Ionus,
Kids are starting puberty younger and younger. Average age now is 11. Puberty is when our sex hormones start producing themselves (testosterone or estrogen.) These hormones account for much of our interest in sex. So a 13yo will be well into their period of sexual desire, discovery, and experimentation. Did we need anyone to tell us we liked naked women pictures? That same interest extends to homosexuals as well.

For whatever reason, some like opposite-sex, some like same-sex, and some (like myself) like both. But our sexuality isn't static and unchanging and is on a spectrum. As a psychology-trained person I think nurture accounts for much of it. Are undoubtedly biological realities tht contribute to sexuality, but ultimately we're not automotons and every sexual experience is the result of choice. We be inclined to one end or the other, but how we're raised, by whom (man and women or single moms, single dads, etc.) will play a part as well. Not to the extent though any thing acts as an indicator or predictor (every gay man a generation or two ago was raised by a husband-wife combo let's not forget.)

Think what's going on with people's difficulty accepting young teens as gay is simply their not understanding sexuality, especially their own let alone anyone else's. If you don't understand yourself, you're never going to udnerstand anyone else.
neologist

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:45 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:
. . . but ultimately we're not automotons and every sexual experience is the result of choice. . .
True.
I don't think that flies with current politically correct psychobabble, though.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 02:43 am
@Ionus,
i don´t like intolerant priests that believe themselves to be above the rest of us and hate what celibacy means and represents but if they were discriminated and their rights as citizens were denied I would support them

be careful: you are not saying you don´t like homosexuality, you are saying you HATE it, that´s quite different
Ionus

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:46 am
@momoends,
I hate a lot of cultures that I see as counter to an ordinary respect for life. Communism, Nazism, Feminism, Sexism, Homosexualism, in fact lots of things that are curent or recent topics about society I have strong objections to...
momoends

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 02:31 am
@Ionus,
Feminism is not a culture, it´s the believe men and women should be treated equally
homosexualism doesn´t exists-- it´s homosexuality

feeling the same about communism and nazism says nothing good about your values
0 Replies