islam and homosexuality

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:35 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Some comments may have been taken out of context. People who lust are not relegated to either the homosexual world or the hetero world. There can be lustful behavior for both. There's no more in one lifestyle and neither are more prone than the other.

If you are speaking of a couple whom are in a long term relationship, then it's not lust...it's more likely to be love. Hetero or homosexual non-long term couples are just as lustful, but not with one more so than the other.

Also, the homosexual women or men with whom you spoke could be either misguided in their thinking/opinions ... or their comments are taken out of context/ They could have misunderstood your question.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:36 pm
@maxdancona,
What I've stated is that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love. That does not change the fact that two people of the same sex cannot love each other. However, if those two people decide to have sex, it is not humanly possible for them to do so out of love. It can only derive from lust. People of the same sex cannot love each other sexually, because it is not within human nature to do so.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:37 pm
@ehBeth,
I have addressed your post and as I stated before, what you claim is in the Qur'an, is not in the Qur'an.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:38 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Please get re-educated because you speak from ignorance and prejudice.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:39 pm
@ehBeth,
Response: The fact that you can't quote the verse directly from the Qur'an clearly shows who's lying. Were you raised to lie?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:43 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:
That does not change the fact that two people of the same sex cannot love each other.

That is not a fact.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:43 pm
@Ragman,
There is no misunderstanding. Those who are honest will openly say it's a choice based on lust, not love. As I stated before, the same sex can love each other , but cannot possibly do so sexually.

Now you, like everyone else in the thread, seem to disagree as if you know the exact reason. If so, then you should be abl to answer the question that every single person reading this thread dodge and cannot answer. That is:

What is the difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually but not to the opposite?

Since you can't answer the question, then to claim you know where homosexuality stems from is completely invalid.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:44 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Please get re-educated because you speak from ignorance and prejudice.

Response: Yet your inability to disprove anything stated supports evidence to the contrary.
0 Replies

Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
That is not a fact.

Response: Your weak rebuttal shows otherwise.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:47 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
You have provided so scientific evidence that homosexuals do not love each other romantically.

None.

Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Your weak rebuttals show otherwise.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:00 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Quote:
@maxdancona,
What I've stated is that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love. That does not change the fact that two people of the same sex cannot love each other. However, if those two people decide to have sex, it is not humanly possible for them to do so out of love. It can only derive from lust. People of the same sex cannot love each other sexually, because it is not within human nature to do so.

End quote.

You may not want my opinion, but I find in this instance you are quite incorrect.
I am not gay, but I see that pain or friendship could cause such a thing as love between men, I still agree it is unnatural and sodomy is appalling.. I would have it not, in this world.. all of it.. But I think you fail because of that stringent view and you push an argument which will fall.

Though as I stated, I will know otherwise to maintain your views as valid, not lying, but admitting that world level alterations require stoic lock.
Being gay is wrong, though it is not the worst sin, by far, if it is in love context.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:00 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
http://www.imaan.org.uk/faq/QuranFAQ.pdf

which leads us to

http://c00022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/30_21.png

http://quran.com/30/21

Quote:
And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.

no genders identified there
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:14 pm
@nothingtodo,
Quote:
You may not want my opinion, but I find in this instance you are quite incorrect.
I am not gay, but I see that pain or friendship could cause such a thing as love between men, I still agree it is unnatural and sodomy is appalling.. I would have it not, in this world.. all of it.. But I think you fail because of that stringent view and you push an argument which will fall.

Though as I stated, I will know otherwise to maintain your views as valid, not lying, but admitting that world level alterations require stoic lock.
Being gay is wrong, though it is not the worst sin, by far, if it is in love context.

Response: Once again, to state that I am incorrect, that means that you have the correct reason. So again, I ask the same question that everyone continues to dodge:
What is the difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually but not to the opposite?

Since you have no answer, then your logic fails that my arguemnt is incorrect, when you can't answer the question. Thus your inability to do so only supports the fact that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Then since no gender is stated, that means the verse is ambiguous, and one must refer to the context. In the Qur'an we also see:

Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:80-81

"What! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, and leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are forward folk." Qur'an 26:165.

Here, the Qur'an addresses homosexuality as being deribed from lust, as well as condemning it.

The Qur'an also states:

It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her (in love). When they are united, she bears a light burden and carries it about (unnoticed). When she grows heavy, they both pray to Allah their Lord, (saying): "If Thou givest us a goodly child, we vow we shall (ever) be grateful (7:189)

Here, the Qur'an states that man's mate is a woman, thus condoning heterosexuality.

So it is clear that the teachings of islam condones heterosexual relations and condemns homosexuality.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:25 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:

you seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between romantic love and sexual attraction.

do you ever wonder why people in relationships, of whatever gender combination, have fallen in love with their partner? I often do.

People have studied this for years - it is an area of scientific research within biochemistry.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0602/feature2/index.html

Anthropologists are fascinated by it.

http://www.helenfisher.com/
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:39 pm
@ehBeth,
In other words, you can't answer the question.... again. You couldn't name the difference. Thus showing you have no logical argument and only help to demonstrate that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love. Thanks for the assistance.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:25 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
People have answered the question.

You refuse to listen to the responses.

That is your choice.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:36 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:

That doesn't even make sense as an English sentence. "Not to the opposite?" What does that mean? Whose "opposite?"
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
you seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between romantic love and sexual attraction.

What is the difference Beth?