islam and homosexuality

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:52 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
you seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between romantic love and sexual attraction.

What is the difference Beth?

Ah, so you have difficulty understanding it as well, I see. Curiouser and curiouser.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:57 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:

I don't focus on homosexuality, but that's the topic of the thread.

Furthermore, the proof that homosexuality is based on lust is quite obvious. Again, Homosexuals themselves state that they are able to love the same sex sexually, but not the opposite. By doing so, they are also acknowledging that there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. Yet, if you were to ask a homosexual what is that difference, even they wouldn't be able to answer. Nor can you answer. So what is the difference? Let's further analyze.

Love is a feeling of appreciation. A feeling of appreciation you get for being the caregiver and protector to someone, or for being cared for and protected by someone. For example, why does a child love their parent? It is because of the feeling of appreciation they get because the parent cares and provides and protects the child. Yet, why does the parent love the child? The newborn child does not care or provide anything. No. A parents love to their newborn is due to the feeling of appreciation they get for caring and providing and protectiong someone.

But since we are talking about loving someone sexually and we know that love comes from a feeling of appreciation for being the caregiver and protector or from being cared for or protected, then that means that loving someone SEXUALLY either comes from one's feeling of appreciation to care and protect someone or to show appreciation for being cared for and protected by someone. For the convenience of this discussion, we will call:

"Loving someone sexually which derives from one's feeling of appreciation to caregive and protect" as form A.

"Loving someone sexually which derives from showing feelings of appreciation for being cared for and protected" as form B.

Now let us remember what homosexuals themselves say. Remember, not even homosexuals themselves can tell you specifically what is in their nature which makes them allegedly love the same sex sexually but not the opposite. However, such a claim means that they themselves are acknowledging that male and female sexual attraction is different. Yet since we know that loving someone sexually derives in only two forms as explained above, then that again means that homosexuals acknowledge that either gender can only have one or the other form. Thus the question is which form belongs to which gender? Again, the answer is obvious.

Form A must obviously be the sexual nature of attraction of men, not women, because Form A derives from the nature of a protector and in comparison to women, man's nature is in more accordance to being a protector than woman's. For men are physically bigger and stronger and less sensitive, making them more inclined to engage in physical combat when there is danger than women. This means that a woman's nature to love someone sexually derives from Form B. Since a man's desire to love someone sexually derives from his desire to be the caregiver and protector of someone, then that means that he can only love another woman sexually, not a man, for there is nothing in a man's nature which makes another man love him sexually. Why? Well what makes a person want to protect someone naturally? It's someone who is sensitive, delicate, weaker, smaller, pretty, adorable,etc. Think of why we see a kitten and want to love and care for it, pet it, etc. It is because of its adorable and cuddly appearance which makes us naturally want to love and care for the kitten. For by nature, someone which is adorable and sensitive draws out one's desire to love and protect them. This is a natural reaction. This is why we feel the natural need to love and protect a child, because of their adorable appearance and sensitive nature. However, a man's appearance is not cute and cuddly. His voice is not soft and light. Thus a man can not possibly love another man sexually, especially in preference over a woman. For a man does not posses the physical appearance necessary to draw another man to love him sexually. And since a woman's desire to love someone sexually comes from protection, then it's not possible for a woman to love another woman sexually. Why? Well what makes one see someone as a protector naturally? It's size, aggression, bigger, stronger, muscle, deeper voice box, etc. However, a woman's body does not resemble power and strength. These are attributes of men, not women. A woman's body is soft and curvy, with no muscle build. Thus it is not possible for a woman to love another woman sexually, especially in preference over men. For a woman does not posses the physical build or appearance necessary to draw another woman to love her sexually.

In conclusion, we see that, in accordance to nature itself, it is not humanly possible for the same sex to love each other sexually. Surely, they can love each other. Surely, they can engage in sexual activities. But these sexual activities do not come from love, but from lust, as demonstrated. As such, homosexuality is wrong, because it is based on lust, which is the idea of using one sexually to fulfill ones own sexual desires. This kind of mindstate is horrific, as it is the same mindstate of rapists and pedophiles. Using someone is already wrong. But to use someone sexually is one of the most terrible things someone can do. This is what sex based on lust is, which is wrong. And since homosexuality is based on lust, it is wrong as well.

Your proposition is based on petitio principii arguments, otherwise known as question begging, starting with the assertion that loving someone sexually derives from either 1) one's feeling of appreciation to care give and protect or 2) from showing feeling of appreciation for being cared for and protected, and then using this to base another assertion that men's and women's sexual love necessarily fit 1 and 2 respectively. This is countered by the fact that there are instances of love that derive from other circumstances such as loving someone for whom they are and not necessarily wanting to protect them or be protected by them. Your second assumption is refuted by instances in which women love men because of their "boyish nature" and have matronly protective feelings towards them. This is something that would be classified by 1. Likewise, there are instances in which men love the protective nurturing nature of women.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:12 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
Quote:
What I've stated is that homosexual sex is based on lust, not love. That does not change the fact that two people of the same sex cannot love each other. However, if those two people decide to have sex, it is not humanly possible for them to do so out of love. It can only derive from lust. People of the same sex cannot love each other sexually, because it is not within human nature to do so.

You aren't answering the question I am posing. What if there were two men who did love each other (I understand you don't think this is humanly possible, but the question remains)?

If I understand your reasoning, if two men did love each other, it would be ok for them to have sex with each other.

That is what you are saying, right?

This is the only question that interests me in this discussion.

Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:01 pm
@InfraBlue,
To begin with, the statement that love also derives from "loving someone for whom they are and not necessarily wanting to protect them or be protected by them" makes no sense. For you're saying that love derives from love, since you include "loving" in your definition of where love comes from. Something can't derive from itself. So this argument fails.

Secondly, the other instances of love mentioned in your example are acts of love, and not where the feeling of love comes from. In other words, you stated what a person does when they feel love, such as loving someone for whom they are and not necessarily wanting to protect, but that does not address why they are loving to begin with, and where the emotion comes from. So it does not refute the argument presented as to where the feeling of love derives from. Lastly, my argument also included the fact that homosexuals themselves claim to be able to love the same sex sexually but not the opposite, thus stating that there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. Yet when asked to name that difference, you presented nothing. Thus your argument completely fails throughout and does not disprove the fact that homosexual sex is based on lust, and not love.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
People have answered the question.

You refuse to listen to the responses.

That is your choice.

Then you should be able to quote that very answer. You have not, thus refuting your own argument.
0 Replies

Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:06 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
That doesn't even make sense as an English sentence. "Not to the opposite?" What does that mean? Whose "opposite?"

Response: It makes perfect sense. The sentence clearly implies to the opposite as the opposite sex.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:10 pm
@maxdancona,
I answered you question and even expounded on the answer. As I stated, two men cannot love each other sexually, even if they do love each other. So no, it's not right for them to have sex because sex based on lust is wrong, since lust involves the act of using a person sexually.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:47 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
No Al-Fatihah, you did not answer the question. I understand that you don't think it is possible for two men to love each other. That is not the question.

The question I keep asking and you keep not answering is...

Quote:
If two men could love each other, would it be acceptable for them to have sex?

Please answer that question.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 07:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Once again, I answered your question for now the third time. The answer is still No. Furthermore, your question continues to imply that I stated that two men cannot love each other, because you keep saying "if". But I've repeatedly stated that the same sex can love each other, so there is no need to say if. However, they cannot love each other sexually. So before you decide to act as if the question was not answered for the fourth time, read the bolded word at the eand of this statement for your answer.

NO
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:09 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
That's disappointing. You are less reasonable and more logically inconsistent then I thought. I really thought you were at least trying to be open minded.

I understand your viewpoint perfectly. It is exactly the same as the evangelical Christians here in the US. I was hoping for better.

Al-Fatihah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:28 pm
@maxdancona,
To the contrary, your inability to answer the question as to what is the difference between the sexual nature of attraction between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually, but not to the opposite sex, shows that you are logically unsound and have no legitimate reason to defend the despicable act of homosexuality. Thanks for the clarification.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:50 pm
@Al-Fatihah,
I have answered your question. There is no difference.

In my opinion all sex is lust (although often a loving relationship exists along with the lust). You are the one claiming there is some difference depending on who you are having sex with. You can't expect that I will explain your point of view. The difference doesn't exist.

I am a heterosexual male and I have certainly had sex with woman based on lust (although not nearly as often as I wish). That is the point.

Don't you agree that humans were created with lust? Scientifically speaking a species without lust won't survive very long. Lust is a good thing to have, don't you think it comes from God?
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 12:20 am
@Al-Fatihah,
Quote:
To begin with, the statement that love also derives from "loving someone for whom they are and not necessarily wanting to protect them or be protected by them" makes no sense. For you're saying that love derives from love, since you include "loving" in your definition of where love comes from. Something can't derive from itself. So this argument fails.

I was unclear, but I was referring to circumstances other than the protector/protected dichotomy that you assert. There are other circumstances such as the feeling of appreciation for whom someone is and not necessarily wanting to protect them or be protected by them.

Quote:
Secondly, the other instances of love mentioned in your example are acts of love, and not where the feeling of love comes from. In other words, you stated what a person does when they feel love, such as loving someone for whom they are and not necessarily wanting to protect, but that does not address why they are loving to begin with, and where the emotion comes from. So it does not refute the argument presented as to where the feeling of love derives from.

Here you are begging the question by attempting to differentiate the other instances of love that I've presented as "acts of love" and not "where the feelings of love come from," when your own dichotomy itself can be described as "acts of love" and not describe "where the feelings of love come from."

Quote:
Lastly, my argument also included the fact that homosexuals themselves claim to be able to love the same sex sexually but not the opposite, thus stating that there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. Yet when asked to name that difference, you presented nothing. Thus your argument completely fails throughout and does not disprove the fact that homosexual sex is based on lust, and not love.

I do not present a difference between the sexual nature of attraction between men and women because I do not believe there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. You assert that you know that there is a difference, but that assertion is based on your petitio principii arguments and nothing else.
nothingtodo

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 12:49 am
@InfraBlue,
quote:
"This is countered by the fact that there are instances of love that derive from other circumstances such as loving someone for whom they are and not necessarily wanting to protect them or be protected by them"

---

IMO, this too is a wandering around that base of assertion and I prefer the other posters view.
That no intricacies alter the truth, that love is gentle.
Lust is a risk comparatively, any way you might slice it... Even if acceptable.
The pushing forward of counter notions breaks moral role models down.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 01:26 am
@Al-Fatihah,
Al-Fatihah wrote:

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense as an English sentence. "Not to the opposite?" What does that mean? Whose "opposite?"

Response: It makes perfect sense. The sentence clearly implies to the opposite as the opposite sex.

OK, so your question:
Quote:

"What is the difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually but not to the opposite?

really means: "why don't homosexuals love each other the same way that heterosexuals love each other." Right?
Al-Fatihah

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 05:42 am
@maxdancona,
There's no difference? That makes no sense. If there's no difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women, then there should be no reason why a man says he is only sexually attracted to men and not women, and the same for women. So such an argument fails. There obviously is a difference.

Regarding lust, yes we all are created with lust. I don't deny that. But when lust is considered over love, then it is wrong. If I hug a woman because it makes me feel good and not because it conforts her, then that is wrong. For I am using her emotionally to saisfy myself. So there is nothing wrong with lust, except when someone uses a person to satisy themself.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 05:56 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
I was unclear, but I was referring to circumstances other than the protector/protected dichotomy that you assert. There are other circumstances such as the feeling of appreciation for whom someone is and not necessarily wanting to protect them or be protected by them.

Response: This is not an example of love. It's just an example of appreciation. The very definition of love is to care for someone. So if there is no desire to protect them, then there is no love, for if you truly care for someone, then you would protect them and not want any harm to come to them.

Quote:
Here you are begging the question by attempting to differentiate the other instances of love that I've presented as "acts of love" and not "where the feelings of love come from," when your own dichotomy itself can be described as "acts of love" and not describe "where the feelings of love come from."

Response: To the contrary, I stated that love is a feeling of appreciation derived from acts of caring and protecting, whereas you stated that love is an act of love. This makes no sense, since your definition of love includes love. You can't define a word with the same word being defined.

Quote:
I do not present a difference between the sexual nature of attraction between men and women because I do not believe there is a difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women. You assert that you know that there is a difference, but that assertion is based on your petitio principii arguments and nothing else.

Response: This makes no sense. There is an obvious difference of sexual attraction if one gender claims to be only able to sexually attract to the same sex and not to the opposite sex. If it was the same, then they would be able to attract to the opposite sex as well. The same thing does not cause a difference in preference. Only a difference can cause a difference in preference. So this argument fails.
Al-Fatihah

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 05:59 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
OK, so your question:

Quote: Al-Fatihah

"What is the difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually but not to the opposite?

really means: "why don't homosexuals love each other the same way that heterosexuals love each other." Right?

Response: Not at all. It means exactly what it states, which is hat is the difference in the sexual nature of attraction between men and women that makes the same sex love each other sexually but not to the opposite?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:38 am
@Al-Fatihah,
As InfraBlue pointed out, this is all question-begging. Al assumes a lot of dubious propositions as fact, and then uses them to reach a conclusion. That's bootstrapping. For instance:

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Homosexuals themselves state that they are able to love the same sex sexually, but not the opposite.

Do all homosexuals state that? What if some homosexuals didn't state that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Yet, if you were to ask a homosexual what is that difference, even they wouldn't be able to answer.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Love is a feeling of appreciation.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
But since we are talking about loving someone sexually and we know that love comes from a feeling of appreciation for being the caregiver and protector or from being cared for or protected

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Remember, not even homosexuals themselves can tell you specifically what is in their nature which makes them allegedly love the same sex sexually but not the opposite.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
However, such a claim means that they themselves are acknowledging that male and female sexual attraction is different.

Not unless that's logically true. Is that what you're saying?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Form A must obviously be the sexual nature of attraction of men, not women, because Form A derives from the nature of a protector and in comparison to women, man's nature is in more accordance to being a protector than woman's.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
This means that a woman's nature to love someone sexually derives from Form B.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Since a man's desire to love someone sexually derives from his desire to be the caregiver and protector of someone, then that means that he can only love another woman sexually, not a man, for there is nothing in a man's nature which makes another man love him sexually.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Well what makes a person want to protect someone naturally? It's someone who is sensitive, delicate, weaker, smaller, pretty, adorable,etc.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
However, a man's appearance is not cute and cuddly. His voice is not soft and light.

Is that a logical fact or merely an empirical fact?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
For a man does not posses the physical appearance necessary to draw another man to love him sexually.

Al-Fatihah wrote:
And since a woman's desire to love someone sexually comes from protection, then it's not possible for a woman to love another woman sexually.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Well what makes one see someone as a protector naturally? It's size, aggression, bigger, stronger, muscle, deeper voice box, etc.

How do you know that?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
However, a woman's body does not resemble power and strength.

Al-Fatihah wrote:
A woman's body is soft and curvy, with no muscle build.

Is that true in all cases?

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Using someone is already wrong.

In what sense?
Al-Fatihah

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:55 am
@joefromchicago,
If what I stated is dubious, then you should be able to back such a claim by proving so, or at least demonstrating what is false. Instead, you present nothing, thus supporting the fact that your cry on being dubious is flawed and does not refute the fact that homosexual sex is wrong because it's based on lust, not love.