Just a few contradictions in your bible

Campbell34

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 01:08 am
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23809 wrote:
Bull****.

Either you're insane, or you're lying.

I used to lie, back when I was a Christian trying madly to justify my faith. I would say things I knew weren't true, but, in a way, believe they were true myself.

But I was never crazy enough to hear or see anything. I tried, prayed like the superstitious idiot I was, but it didn't happen.

And, eventually, I grew up.

Well I'm not insane, nor am I lying. All my life I have seen the power of God. And since I fear God, I'm not about to make up stories about Him. My days are numbered here on earth, and I am not about to put myself in harms way with God.
One of my first experiences with God came when I was about 21, I had just failed a job interview, and I came home feeling a little down. I was on my way up stairs when suddenly I hear this voice say to me. "Tom, you did everything but pray about getting a job. For some reason, I did not focus on the voice, but I did focus on what it said. I continued upstairs and knelt down by my moms bed. I told God He must know how many hairs are on my head, so He must also know I needed a job. With that I told Him, what ever happens now Jesus it will be because of you. As soon as I said the A in Amen, the phone next to me began to ring. When I picked it up, the man on the other end of the line told me that he had just picked up some paperwork from off his desk, and he spotted my name. He then asked if I could start work monday morning at 8 A.M. I could hardly speak, but I told him I would be there.
I don't have to make up lies about God, I have real stories to tell, and my relationship with Him, is not built on falsehoods.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 01:14 am
@markx15,
markx15;23753 wrote:
Campbell, do you believe that hell is ETERNAL damnation?

I believe in Eternal Damnation.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:15 am
@rugonnacry,
That always sat unright for me. Could you please explain me how there is justice in eternal damnation?
Campbell34

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:59 am
@markx15,
markx15;23827 wrote:
That always sat unright for me. Could you please explain me how there is justice in eternal damnation?

God prepared such a place for the Devil and His angles, those who join the rebelion by rejecting Gods free gift of salvation willing choose that place. Heaven is a free gift, and that's why Christ makes the statement, How shall they neglect so great a salvation? No one has to go to Hell, God made salvation easy. Yet deep in the heart of man Gods gift is rejected and is a common practice of humankind. Only those who truly seek God's face will accept His gift. And all others who reject His gift, embrace evil and join the ranks of demons. Salvation is the most important thing one can do in their life time, and it is the one thing most ignore or reject. Gods gift to man came at a very high price, and rejecting or ignoring it will be costly.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:19 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;23799 wrote:
I believe the vast majority fail because people neglect the most important thing one can do in their life, and that is to give their life to Christ. Jesus once said, "how shall they neglect so great a salvation?'' God is not impressed with great numbers of people who could careless about Him, God is looking for people who really love Him.

So at the end of days, God will be in His little kingdom looking out at the huge number that He has failled to impress.
Not so. God is a God of success not failure as you paint Him.
You should rethink what God is all about and make Him a winner, not a looser.
He makes all souls Perfect and destined for Heaven. Hell would be a sign of failure.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:29 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;23829 wrote:
God prepared such a place for the Devil and His angles, those who join the rebelion by rejecting Gods free gift of salvation willing choose that place. Heaven is a free gift, and that's why Christ makes the statement, How shall they neglect so great a salvation? No one has to go to Hell, God made salvation easy. Yet deep in the heart of man Gods gift is rejected and is a common practice of humankind. Only those who truly seek God's face will accept His gift. And all others who reject His gift, embrace evil and join the ranks of demons. Salvation is the most important thing one can do in their life time, and it is the one thing most ignore or reject. Gods gift to man came at a very high price, and rejecting or ignoring it will be costly.

Going to Hell is always blamed on a rejection of God.

This means that at death, God has two places that He offers the soul.
House number one is Heaven.
House number two is a burning Hell.
To choose Hell the soul would need to be insane.
Therefore at the end of days Hell will be empty and Heaven will be full.
Is this the way you see it?

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:27 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23833 wrote:
So at the end of days, God will be in His little kingdom looking out at the huge number that He has failled to impress.
Not so. God is a God of success not failure as you paint Him.
You should rethink what God is all about and make Him a winner, not a looser.
He makes all souls Perfect and destined for Heaven. Hell would be a sign of failure.

Regards
DL

God has never failed, man has. Trying to put the blame on God is just another attempt by man not to take responsibility for yourself, or your actions. God has always been a winner, and humankind that rejects Gods gift to the world will only be the loosers. God does not want a heaven filled with godless and demented people who would nail Christ to a cross if given the chance again. Heaven will be filled with Gods people, not yours.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:43 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23836 wrote:
Going to Hell is always blamed on a rejection of God.

This means that at death, God has two places that He offers the soul.
House number one is Heaven.
House number two is a burning Hell.
To choose Hell the soul would need to be insane.
Therefore at the end of days Hell will be empty and Heaven will be full.
Is this the way you see it?

Regards
DL

Well I don't think it has as much to do with being insane as it has to do with belief. If you don't believe in the Bible or if you never asked God to reveal Himself to you, then you would pretty much put Hell out of your mind. On the other hand, if you sought out the God of the Bible and found out that He does exist because He revealed Himself to you, well then you might end up like me. I hope you have a better conclusion. It is just a wonder to me sometimes how real God is, and I have a lifetime of expericences with Him that has guided me on. I have had encounters with demons, and I know that such things do exist. I have no reason to doubt the Bible because I have seen things that have been shown to me by God. He is a God of wonder.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 12:35 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24060 wrote:
Well I don't think it has as much to do with being insane as it has to do with belief. If you don't believe in the Bible or if you never asked God to reveal Himself to you, then you would pretty much put Hell out of your mind. On the other hand, if you sought out the God of the Bible and found out that He does exist because He revealed Himself to you, well then you might end up like me. I hope you have a better conclusion. It is just a wonder to me sometimes how real God is, and I have a lifetime of expericences with Him that has guided me on. I have had encounters with demons, and I know that such things do exist. I have no reason to doubt the Bible because I have seen things that have been shown to me by God. He is a God of wonder.

I don't know what you mean by belief in the Bible.
At the end of the day, the Bible is a philosophy.
It, like any other philosophy must prove itself worthy to be followed.
All doctrines are in the same race.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:50 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24109 wrote:
I don't know what you mean by belief in the Bible.
At the end of the day, the Bible is a philosophy.
It, like any other philosophy must prove itself worthy to be followed.
All doctrines are in the same race.

Regards
DL

Well Jesus Christ tells us we must seek Him first, and if we do, He will reveal Himself to you. God will prove himself, yet you must first show God that your interested in knowing Him. Most people aren't that interested.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:52 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24142 wrote:
Well Jesus Christ tells us we must seek Him first, and if we do, He will reveal Himself to you. God will prove himself, yet you must first show God that your interested in knowing Him. Most people aren't that interested.

For some tangible father figure that will slap you to hell for thinking for yourself? You're right I am not interested.
Campbell34

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:06 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;24144 wrote:
For some tangible father figure that will slap you to hell for thinking for yourself? You're right I am not interested.

Hell is the result of one who rejects Gods gift of salvation, God does not put you there, you put yourself there. God reaches out His hand to you, and you slap it away. Everyone who enters Hell will be there by their own choice. God is there on the path showing you the right way, and your telling God, "screw you, I will get to heaven my way." In the end, the only thing you will accomplish is to realize what a mistake you have made by rejecting the only God who could of saved you.

How shall they neglect so great a salvation? Jesus Christ.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:09 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24155 wrote:
Hell is the result of one who rejects Gods gift of salvation, God does not put you there, you put yourself there. God reaches out His hand to you, and you slap it away. Everyone who enters Hell will be there by their own choice. God is there on the path showing you the right way, and your telling God, "screw you, I will get to heaven my way." In the end, the only thing you will accomplish is to realize what a mistake you have made by rejecting the only God who could of saved you.

How shall they neglect so great a salvation? Jesus Christ.

God send you to hell. Says so in the bible "I shall cast thee in to the flames...."
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:49 pm
@rugonnacry,
Campbell, you're the bomb. There I was, often down and out, getting my narrow buns kicked hard by life. I almost died several times from disease. I almost totally collapsed psychologically and emotionally from family and career developments. There was a time when I felt things could only get worse if I went to prison or died. I descended far, went low, stayed down, wallowed a good bit, agonized, and then climbed upward. Each time it was God who saved me. Each time it was Jesus who pulled me up. He is life itself.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:27 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24169 wrote:
Campbell, you're the bomb. There I was, often down and out, getting my narrow buns kicked hard by life. I almost died several times from disease. I almost totally collapsed psychologically and emotionally from family and career developments. There was a time when I felt things could only get worse if I went to prison or died. I descended far, went low, stayed down, wallowed a good bit, agonized, and then climbed upward. Each time it was God who saved me. Each time it was Jesus who pulled me up. He is life itself.

It is sad that you do not give YOURSELF the credit you deserve for pulling YOURSELF out of the bad times.

Did you give the credit to god for the times you were down too?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:06 pm
@rugonnacry,
ruggonnacry,

you just don't get it. It's obvious you never will.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:01 pm
@rugonnacry,
I dont get an imaginary being likened to the same as the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy.

I hope i NEVER get it.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:11 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24142 wrote:

I agree with the sentiment.
Jesus is to be followed in aptitude.
God is to be sought for more.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:23 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;24157 wrote:
God send you to hell. Says so in the bible "I shall cast thee in to the flames...."

Like I said, God only cast people into the flames who have ignored His warnings, and have rejected His free pass to salvation. Hell is a personal choice, don't blame God for your personal choice.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:26 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24249 wrote:
Like I said, God only cast people into the flames who have ignored His warnings, and have rejected His free pass to salvation. Hell is a personal choice, don't blame God for your personal choice.

UHH. Just when did I reject this pass and chose the flame?

Regards
DL