Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

parados

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:02 am
With all the dire predictions by conservatives, tea partiers, and GOP representatives it appears the USA will no longer exist because of the actions of an elected Congress late yesterday.

I was shocked this morning to wake up and find out my world hadn't changed a bit today. If there hadn't been a banner headline in my newspaper announcing the vote last night, I never would have realized the USA is about to be destroyed.

As we wait for the end of our country, it's time to eulogize it and tell others why we think it used to be so great. We should probably do it now before it's gone completely. There can't be much time left, 30 days? 120? Certainly we can't last an entire year. Consider this an Irish wake for the USA. It's time to drink and tell funny stories and reminisce about the good ole USA that has gone to the dust heap of history like the Romans, Greeks, and Babylonians.

Since there is no way of knowing how much time exactly we have left, we will have to count this as day 1 of the wait for the end. I just hope it doesn't take too long because American's are known to have a short attention span and may soon forget their country is about to die a horrible death.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 28 • Views: 23,715 • Replies: 458

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:15 am
@parados,
The King is Dead, Long Live the King
parados

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:17 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

The King is Dead, Long Live the King

Elvis died? Say it ain't so..

Or are you talking the King of Pop?
djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:25 am
@parados,
He thought he was the King of America
Where they pour Coca Cola just like vintage wine
Now I try hard not to become hysterical
But I'm not sure if I am laughing or crying
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this hurtin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
It was a fine idea at the time
Now it's a brilliant mistake

She said that she was working for the ABC News
It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use
Her perfume was unspeakable
It lingered in the air
Like her artificial laughter
Her mementos of affairs
"Oh" I said "I see you know him"
"Isn't that very fortunate for you"
And she showed me his calling card
He came third or fourth and there were more than one or two
He was a fine idea at the time
Now he's a brilliant mistake

He thought he was the King of America
But it was just a boulevard of broken dreams
A trick they do with mirrors and with chemicals
The words of love in whispers
And the acts of love in screams
I wish that I could push a button
And talk in the past and not the present tense
And watch this lovin' feeling disappear
Like it was common sense
I was a fine idea at the time
Now I'm a brilliant mistake
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:36 am
perhaps you could order alex jones film

http://arnoskatas.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/fall-of-the-republic.jpeg

it comes with a free tin foil hat (and hopefully earplugs, that man likes to scream)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:42 am
As almost any place in the world that you can safety drink the water have universal health care already one can only wonder where the right wingers are going to move to.

I can only feel sorry for where ever they set up shop.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 09:24 am
@parados,
I remember this one time, back in college, when America and me went out to the bars in B-Town and we went to this one place -- Jimmy's, on Sixth St. down by that pizza joint, the one that's a biker bar now -- and anyways America was drinking Jager shots and hitting on this AOPi chick and he's all like "I spend more on defense than all the other dudes in the world combined" and she's all like "wow, what kind of car do you drive?" and I'm thinking "if America thinks I'm going to be his wing man again tonight he's crazy" and then, like out of nowhere, he just spews all over this sorority chick, like big chunks -- looked some of the smaller New England states or somethin' -- and she's screaming and crying and America, he's totally wasted now, he says "oh yeah? you wanna' piece of me, bitch?" and then some dude comes over and he's like "is this global super power causing you any problems?" and I'm like "let's go, man, LET'S GO!" and I'm trying to pull him away cause I don't want any trouble or anything and America could be a pretty mean drunk and all, but he's all stumbling around and trying to take a swing at the guy with his right arm while I'm trying to drag him outta' there by his left arm and then somehow he slips out of his jacket and I'm standing there holding this jacket and America leaps into the crowd and proceeds to get the **** kicked out of him by a bunch of Theta Chis.

Oh man, good times. Good times.
parados

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:00 am
DAY 2

I woke up this morning convinced that the USA had ended because I found this in my local paper..

Quote:
R.I.P. U.S.A, July 4 1776-March 21, 2010 Thomas Slupske, Crystal

But then when I turned on the television it looked like things hadn't changed. C-Span was still on the air. The stock market appears to be heading up today. Either the letter writer was referring to a different country with the same name or the report of the death of the USA like Mark Twain's is exaggerated.

I would suggest we get a second medical opinion but it seems doctors are in short supply according to Bill O'Reilly since 30% of them have now left the profession.
dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:07 am
@parados,
Is the earth moving or anything yet? Volcanoes spewing fire? Horsepersons of the Apocalypse cantering around looking scary?
jespah

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:14 am
@dlowan,
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 07:18 am
deb, saw 'em cantering down my street this morning, knocking over trash cans and singing "The Internationale".
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2010 04:35 pm
Day 2 and the republic still stands, i'm impressed
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:22 am
Day 3 of our death watch.

I am now a bit confused. Those same people that claimed our republic would die when Obama signed the bill are now projecting they will win in November. Not only that, they have filed lawsuits that may take 5 years to be resolved but they are convinced they will win eventually.
sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:24 am
@parados,
And now Michael Steele is claiming that Republicans aren't Americans.* I'm confused too. (Maybe all Republicans will be moving to Costa Rica with Rush Limbaugh? Poor Robert.)

*"There is no downside for Republicans. Only for Americans," - Michael Steele.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/23/us/politics/23repubs.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:01 am
Steele acknowledges that Republicans aren't Americans? A refreshing candor . . .
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:07 am
I also thought Steele was unintentionally funny when he started talking about getting lollipops from his dentist when he was a kid.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:09 am
hee hee, did Michael Steele get a George W. Bush brain transplant? Do you think we could have been misunderestimating him all along. Why is mushmouth so common in the GOP? That's one sneaky dentist he had, too, save the kids' teeth on the one hand, then give them a lollipop to rot them out again--must have been great for his repeat business. Real Republican business ethics.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:13 am
Incidentally, now that good sense prevailed and the health bill passed, the public thinks it was a good thing 49% to 40%. Looks like the issue isn't going to have the legs the Republicans were praying for.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:15 am
The only end I see is The Republic According to Ronald Reagan. It deserved to have a stake pounded into it years ago, but Clinton was too afraid to do it.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:19 am
Why hasn't anything bad happened yet?

Don't tell me I ripped out my gold fillings and shoved them up my ass for nothing.
0 Replies