Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

parados

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 07:01 am
DAY 5

I hope the Republic doesn't meet it's end today since my day is very busy. I would hate to miss it.

Today is a possibility because the government is renowned for releasing bad news late on a Friday so people won't find out about it until Monday when it will no longer matter.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:38 pm
@parados,
Yeah, it could be today. Today happens to be a legal holiday in Hawaii -- Prince Kuhio Day -- and we're all aware of the fact that Obama has been using the state as a kind of smoke-screen, pretending to have been born here and all. This could be the day.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:57 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Since there is no way of knowing how much time exactly we have left, we will have to count this as day 1 of the wait for the end.

This is a wonderful thread, parados.

I check each morning to see if you're all still there.

So far, so good. Phew!

Good luck for surviving Easter, though ... that could be a very tricky time! Smile
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 07:23 pm
I just had ten minutes of "Internet Explorer cannot find that webpage", before it finally deigned to connect me to a2k. I was getting a mite worried the Republic HAD in fact ended. glad to see the rumors of its death were exaggerated.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 08:39 pm
Gettin' close to midnight on the East Coast (still daylight here). Whew! Maybe we made it for one more day.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 09:05 pm
@Merry Andrew,
in 10 hours a big light in the sky on the east coast will frighten minorities.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 09:30 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Gettin' close to midnight on the East Coast (still daylight here). Whew! Maybe we made it for one more day.

But will it survive another 2 years of Obama? Tough question to answer. Only time will tell.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 09:55 pm
@okie,
Much tougher question, okie -- can we survive another minute of your horseshit?
okie

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 02:19 am
@Merry Andrew,
I aint tryin to tell you anything to do with your life. If you can't survive, then its your problem, not mine. Its called Freedom and liberty, Merry, I hope you can handle it. If you don't like it here, move to Cuba instead of trying to make this country look like Cuba, like Obama is.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
parados

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:04 am
DAY 6

Another day and the Republic is still breathing.

Yesterday it seems Russia gave a thumbs up to the survival of the Republic when they agreed to a treaty to reduce nuclear weapons. Or maybe they only agreed because they knew the end was coming soon.
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:06 am
@parados,
Day 7 could be a doozie!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:06 am
@okie,
Quote:
But will it survive another 2 years of Obama? Tough question to answer. Only time will tell.

And with much wailing, moaning, and gnashing of teeth, one of the self proclaimed Cassandras has arrived.
parados

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:07 am
@okie,
Quote:
Merry, I hope you can handle it. If you don't like it here, move to Cuba instead of trying to make this country look like Cuba, like Obama is.

You mean the government took over the car companies to build 1950's coupes that no longer have replacement parts?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:15 am
@parados,
This thread is certainly a lot more fun with Okie around.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:17 am
@ebrown p,
well having Okie around coupled with the return of Possum R FartBubble sure brings an interesting slant to a2k reality.
Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:30 am
@parados,
There's a problem here. Kassandra was right; there is no reason to assume that Okie's hysteria is realistic.
parados

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:34 am
@Setanta,
I said Okie is a "self proclaimed Cassandra".

He thinks no one will listen to him because he is correct.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:36 am
@dyslexia,
It's interesting how Ionus stopped posting 40 times a day on March 22 and Possum returned posting 40 times a day on March 23.
0 Replies