Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

Advocate

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 02:18 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

All I can say to all of you Kerry defenders and Bush haters, at least Bush did not defame and slander every military man before Congress. And as much as you hate the fact, the military loves Bush today, Bush is a military man's man.

Telling the truth is not defamation. Kerry was working to save the lives of our troops and the people of Nam. Nothing could be more honorable.

Bush, on the other hand, lied us into a horrible war that largely destroyed a country and killed and wounded hundreds of thousands of people.

BillRM

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 06:52 pm
@Advocate,
Sorry Kerry was and is an over the hill asshole however a combat veteran he indeed happen to be and running a campaign to libel him on his war/combat record is shameful.

Given the public positions, he had taken after returning to the US from Vietnam there was more then enough to run an honest campaign against him without falsely attacking his combat record.

If I had been Kerry, I would have openly gone after Bush over the matter and not allow him to hide behind claims that the libel/slander program was not being control by his people.

How a National Guard draft/combat dodger got away with such behaviors toward a wounded combat veteran is still beyond my understanding.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:06 pm
Another sign that American Civilization has been turned upside down:
Quote:
Report: Anti-gay leader took trip with prostitute
(The Associated Press)
MIAMI -- A prominent anti-gay activist is denying wrongdoing after an alternative Miami newspaper published a report saying he went on a 10-day trip to Europe with a young male prostitute.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:23 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Another sign that American Civilization has been turned upside down:

What was the first sign?
okie

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
My two cents worth, it was when the country elected Obama. I previously thought it went south big time when it elected Clinton, but electing Obama really turned the country upside down.
BillRM

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 06:39 am
@okie,
Yes with a few more Bushes we would had have a great nation maybe even getting to 40 percent unemployment and fighting at least a few more unneeded wars.
okie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 12:48 am
@BillRM,
We are alot closer to 40% unemployment under Obama than we were under any Bush, so your statement is very far fetched, Bill.
okie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 12:54 am
@BillRM,
And are the wars under Obama just as unneeded as you think they were under the Bushes?
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 02:01 am
@okie,
Sorry Okie Obama did not start a war by selling nonsense to the American people.

Once you got on the tiger back however you can not sadly just get off it.

Kind of hard to place the egg back together after Bush broke it into small pieces.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 02:08 am
@okie,
Whatever the unemployment rate is or is not at the moment it was not under Obama watch that the economic was ruin.

It was not under Obama that Bush friends running such firms as Erron got to rape th American people to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.

It was not under Obama that laws to regular the market place and the banks was either not enforce or repeal all together because it is not right to regular the so call free market.
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 02:24 am
@okie,
One of the things I love is how Bush watched and refused to do anything as Erron traders cause completely unnecessary rolling blackouts all over the state of California by shutting down power plants.

Raising the cost of electric by a few thousands percent over the true cost of production.

Love Bush and the GOP idea of a free market.
Gargamel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 10:43 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

My two cents worth, it was when the country elected Obama. I previously thought it went south big time when it elected Clinton, but electing Obama really turned the country upside down.

Given that the country was already upside-down, you are saying that Obama has righted the country to its proper position. I would say he still has some work to do, but in essence I agree with you, for once.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:31 pm
@BillRM,
Typical liberal, you go back to the old playbook and bring up something like Enron. Hypocrit is you and other liberals are, you don't seem to care that Obama's buddies are not in jail after pilfering a few hundred million from Freddie or Fannie, do you? And blame the blackouts in California on Bush, ha ha, not the Democratic government in Sacramento that is bankrupting the state?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:33 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Whatever the unemployment rate is or is not at the moment it was not under Obama watch that the economic was ruin.

Nothing could ever be the fault of your saviour Obama. What a bunch of losers you guys are!
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:50 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Nothing could ever be the fault of your saviour Obama. What a bunch of losers you guys are!

Sorry dear one facts are facts it was under Bush watch not Obama that the bankers, the mortgages/stock brokers, and the traders ran free and almost got us into a 1930s meltdown.

It was Bush not Obama who was paling around with the CEO of Erron and when California state officers ask him for help to stop Erron traders from raping the citizens of that state he is the one who turn them down.

okie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 07:01 pm
@BillRM,
And who was or is paling around with Franklin Raines, Johnson, and Jamie Gorlick of Fannie and Freddie's running up debts to taxpayers to bail them out and help cause the housing bubble meltdown, and how about Kagan's connections to Goldman Sachs?
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 07:14 pm
@okie,
Quote:
And who was or is paling around with Franklin Raines, Johnson, and Jamie Gorlick of Fannie and Freddie's running up debts to taxpayers to bail them out and help cause the housing bubble meltdown, and how about Kagan's connections to Goldman Sachs?

You tell me who and if the name Obama come up then you can tell me how a first term senator belonging to a party that did not control the White House or Congress could had anything to do with the housing meltdown or the bail out that was also pass under Bush watch not Obama.

Facts are not your friend here.
okie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 08:30 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 09:48 pm
@okie,
Fox Network a video from the FOX Network!

You got to be kidding me the network who created the Tea Bagger movement all by itself out of thin air.

Of course, with that movement driving everyone with a brain cell working out of the GOP that network might be secretly working for the Democrats after all.
parados

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:24 am
DAY 51

How is it possible we are still here after all that whining about the end of the Republic was coming?

I am thinking the whiners will disappear long before the Republic does and I don't think they are going away any time soon since some of them keep posting the same crap over and over and have been for years.
0 Replies