Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

okie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:40 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Fox Network a video from the FOX Network!

You got to be kidding me the network who created the Tea Bagger movement all by itself out of thin air.

Of course, with that movement driving everyone with a brain cell working out of the GOP that network might be secretly working for the Democrats after all.

Yes, Fox Network, the network that actually broadcasts some credible information instead of absolute liberal leftist garbage.
BillRM

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 01:30 pm
@okie,
Quote:
broadcasts some credible information instead of absolute liberal leftist garbage.

You poor poor person if you think that the Fox Network even by error would broadcast the truth on any subject.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 04:44 pm
The latest from FOX are the claims, not news, just claims, that the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is "Obama's Katrina".

They keep hoping that Obama will have a Katrina, here's the short list of the events they have previously claimed to be his.
: The H1N1 flu
: The Ft. Hood Shootings
: The Ice Storms in Kentucky
: The Earthquake in Haiti
: The Bankruptcy of GM (really?)
: The Underwear Bomber

I used to think that Fox was unfair and unbalanced in a journalistic way, but I have become convinced that, dispensing with fairness as non-existent, Fox has become unbalanced in the mental illness definition: suffering from a diminished capacity to grasp reality.

Joe(and I really wish I was joking)Nation
okie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:45 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

You poor poor person if you think that the Fox Network even by error would broadcast the truth on any subject.

You wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you square in the face, Bill, so no wonder you can't find it, or no wonder you might think something as worthless as the New York Times for example might have it.
okie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:50 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I used to think that Fox was unfair and unbalanced in a journalistic way, but I have become convinced that, dispensing with fairness as non-existent, Fox has become unbalanced in the mental illness definition: suffering from a diminished capacity to grasp reality.

The whole idea of Katrina being Bush's fault is an absolute farce to begin with. It was the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans, both Democrats, that utterly failed their responsibilities, and if not for Bush, alot more people would have died. It was the mentally deficient and unbalanced and unable or unwilling that never grasped this basic fact. I do think however that at least Fox did document the basics in regard to that, even though precious little of the mainstream media provided any information in that regard, and what they did was often wrong.
Advocate

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 07:50 am
@okie,
Admit the truth for once in your life. Fox has lied more than it has told the truth. Its "fair and balanced" is the biggest joke in journalistic circles.
Advocate

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 07:55 am
@okie,
I have to admit that, several days after the storm hit, Bush did fly over N.O. and the Gulf area at 10,000 feet, looking down with considerable concern. Before that, he was busy playing golf and picking at a guitar.

Bush had politicized FEMA, leaving it ineffective and in incompetent hands. Thus, the federal response to Katrina was largely a joke. Okie is about the only person who will not admit this.
okie

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:07 am
@Advocate,
You dope, FEMA's mission is not to prevent disasters, it is to assist following natural disasters. It was the responsibility of state and local authorities to have an emergency plan in place, and to execute it, and they failed miserably. If Bush had not called the governor and told her to get going, to evacuate New Orleans, many thousands more would have died.

Why don't you educate yourself about how this was supposed to work? Instead its hate Bush mode. According to you, it is probably Bush's fault if your house develops a water leak. You libs are clueless.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:08 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Admit the truth for once in your life. Fox has lied more than it has told the truth. Its "fair and balanced" is the biggest joke in journalistic circles.

If not for Fox, the state of news would be miles worse. The lies put out by the Obama Administration and the main stream press are so staggering as to defy statistics. One example of this is the misconceptions of Katrina. The truth is totally unknown to libs.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 08:21 am
i haven't been down by the detroit river lately, are you guys still there (i mean detroit is practically a gohst town, but how about the country?)

as an aside, the ontario government wants to lend michigan the money needed to get the new border crossing going, while it will help with the flow of goods between the two countries, the fact that it will also connect ontario to detroit, means the premier (our version of governor) may soon have some thing in common with sarah palin, they will both have proposed a bridge to nowhere
BillRM

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 10:14 am
@djjd62,
For a citizen of a country who French center keep threaten every few years to break away and who West Cost areas then had threaten if that occur to ask to join the US I would not be too smart.
djjd62

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 10:21 am
@BillRM,
**** the french and **** the whiners in the west (by the way it wasn't the west coast it was the mid west provinces, there kind of like canada's answer to texas and arizona, you know, rednecks)

if i had my way the quebec problem would be settled by now, they'd all have been kicked out of the country, those folks don't want to be here, get out, but the land belongs to the country as far as i'm concerned
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 10:30 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Joe Nation wrote:

The whole idea of Katrina being Bush's fault is an absolute farce to begin with. It was the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans, both Democrats, that utterly failed their responsibilities, and if not for Bush, alot more people would have died. It was the mentally deficient and unbalanced and unable or unwilling that never grasped this basic fact. I do think however that at least Fox did document the basics in regard to that, even though precious little of the mainstream media provided any information in that regard, and what they did was often wrong.

Hurricane Katrina certainly wasn't Bush's fault at all. Unlike others, I don't blame him for what happened or for the lousy FEMA response directly afterward.

However, what IS his fault is the fact that he basically ignored New Orleans and the Gulf Coast from that point onward. He had no focus on the area whatsoever after giving a single speech there, a speech in which he promised a massive effort to clean up and revitalize the area - an effort which never came to fruition in any way. That was Bush's failing; a failure to lead after the crisis, not anything before the crisis.

Cycloptichorn
BillRM

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 11:12 am
@djjd62,
With France Canada gone the rest would hardly be viable as a nation state.

A large part of Canada would then need to beg the US to be allowed to join the Union for economic reasons along.

So once more, I would be a little more careful about insulting what could end up being your country.

Life can be amusing after all.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Hurricane Katrina certainly wasn't Bush's fault at all.
Cycloptichorn

You must be the only liberal or Democrat in America that hasn't tried to blame him for Katrina.
BillRM

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 01:29 am
@okie,
The blame is allowing thousands of people to suffer afterward without a great deal of Federal help for a prolong period of time.

All those people without enough food, water, sanitation, proper medical care sitting in a sporting arena for example.

With all the ability of the federal government to move hundred of tons at will by way of heavy military helicopters for some very strange reason no aid could get to them for weeks in the heart of an American city.

That what we blame the asshole for not the storm itself.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 01:48 am
@djjd62,
But, where would they go? I think they're the only people in the world able to understand their version of French.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:44 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
Hurricane Katrina certainly wasn't Bush's fault at all.
Cycloptichorn

You must be the only liberal or Democrat in America that hasn't tried to blame him for Katrina.

More lies! No one blamed Bush for the hurricane. He is blamed for the poor reaction of the federal government.

okie

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:49 pm
@Advocate,
Your memory is different than mine. Inasmuch as Bush did not support initiatives to curb greenhouse gases, such as the stupid Kyoto treaty, the insinuations were made to link Bush to hurricanes, given the allegations that greenhouse gases were causing global warming, which also supposedly was spawning more hurricanes. That of course has been disproven, but it did not stop liberals and Democrats from insinuating the links.
0 Replies