Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

parados

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:53 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Do you agree that the US is a constitutional republic or are you stuck on the ignorant notion that it's a democracy?

oh for F*** sake squirt. You guys are so damn stupid. Would you argue an oak can't be a tree simply because it is an oak? Or would you argue it can't be deciduous? Or would you argue that it doesn't have leaves?

The US is a constitutional republic which does NOT mean it isn't a democracy as defined by the dictionary. It is both and more.

Many words can be used to describe the government in the US. Trying to say only one word works shows how simple minded you are.
parados

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:55 am
Day 14

Another day. No news yet. It is beginning to appear the reports of the impending death of the Republic were overblown.
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 08:03 am
@parados,
but but but... R-words and D-words!

T
K
O
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
parados

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 09:40 am
@H2O MAN,
I never said it wasn't one.

Perhaps you should now admit that it is a representative democracy.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 09:43 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

The US is a constitutional republic...

H2O MAN wrote:

At least I got you to admit that the US is a constitutional republic.

parados wrote:

I never said it wasn't one.

You lie!
parados

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:04 am
@H2O MAN,
Really? Where did I say it wasn't a Republic? If you bothered to read the title of my thread, I quite clearly called it a "republic".
parados

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:06 am
@parados,
I said you were stupid for refusing to admit it is a democracy.

SO..
If I say "that is a tree"
And you say
"That isn't a tree it is an oak"

And I say..
"Of course it's a tree. You are stupid for saying it isn't one.

No where would I have said it isn't an oak. I only pointed out you were stupid for demanding we ONLY call it an oak.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:12 am
@parados,
Day 14.

It's sunny out.

Another fine day.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:17 am
parados wrote:

Really? Where did I say it wasn't a Republic?

You said it was a constitutional republic here:

parados wrote:

... The US is a constitutional republic which ....

Only the stupid and the ignorant would claim the US is a democracy... you are proving to be a strange mix of both.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:19 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

parados wrote:

parados wrote:

Only the stupid and the ignorant would claim the US is a democracy... you are proving to be a strange mix of both.

certainly one of the most incomprehensible posts I've ever read.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:29 am
Everything posted by parasite is incomprehensible... he can't even admit he said what he said.

Parasite = dumb & dumber residing in the same body.
Gargamel

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:11 pm
@H2O MAN,
At least he has a sound comprehension of the rules of English grammar. And then politics. And really every area in which you fall short, of which there are many.

Except, you know, water. But that's pretty important. I mean we're talkin' 75% of the planet.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 02:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

parados wrote:

parados wrote:

Have you been drinking today? You don't seem to understand the difference between "was" and "wasn't".
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 05:52 pm
@parados,

parados wrote:

Where did I say it wasn't a Republic?

New reading glasses for me - please accept my humble apologies.
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:56 am
Parados wrote:

The US is a constitutional republic which does NOT mean it isn't a democracy as defined by the dictionary. It is both and more.

***************************************************************************Parados is wrong--

But he won't admit it, H2O. He says it is both and "more" "More" what? More totalitarian? More Utopian?

Parados evidently cannot read, H20

Note:

Previous • Post: # 3,953,251 • NextMASSAGAT

Here is the quote from Wikipedia. Parados is, again, quite mistaken.

, a representative democracy may or may not be a constitutional republic. For example, "the United States relies on representative democracy, but [its] system of government is much more complex than that. [It is] not a simple representative democracy, but a constitutional republic in which majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law."[5].

You got that Paradox?---It is not a simple representative democracy but a constitutional republic in which majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law.

and

A constitutional republic is a state where the head of state and other officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

In a constitutional republic, executive, legislative, and judicial powers are separated into distinct branches and the will of the majority of the population is tempered by protections for individual rights so that no individual or group has absolute power.

The fact that a constitution exists that limits the government's power makes the state constitutional. The head(s) of state and other officials are chosen by election, rather than inheriting their positions, and that their decisions are subject to judicial review.

Did you fall asleep in your Political Science Course, Parados?

parados

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:43 am
@MASSAGAT,
I can read just fine Possum..
Quote:

a representative democracy may or may not be a constitutional republic.

The US does happen to be both a representative democracy and a constitutional republic. If I am wrong which do you think the US isn't?
parados

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:46 am
DAY 15

Another day. Of course the Republic could end today with the roll of an egg on the lawn of the White House.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 07:55 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

The US does happen to be both a representative democracy and a constitutional republic. If I am wrong which do you think the US isn't?

The US is a constitutional republic that currently resembles what you are calling a representative democracy.
The US needs to get back to it's constitutional republic roots.
parados

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 08:44 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

The US is a constitutional republic that currently resembles what you are calling a representative democracy.

Drunk