Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 07:50 am

Herman Cain's SRLC Speech
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 08:59 am
@H2O MAN,
Maybe he should use a TelePrompTer, maybe he would say something of significance. One platitude after another... .

Says Obamacare would have killed him, never says how. That would have been informative.

Quotes a comic as an example of liberal thought. From a year and half ago. So much for staying present. meh.

Uses the oldest "bumblebee" example to do what? To pump on the word "believe".... and denigrate Science. So, the bumblebee flys on faith. Any chance it flys in hope of the changes already happening??

I listened carefully, waiting for something of substance, something real. A quote did keep going through my head....

Quote:
"I could give a flying crap about the political process, we're an entertainment company,". Glen Beck.

then, the guy without the TelePrompTer almost forgets to plant the seed of his "dark horse" run....

right.

It takes more than hot air to be President, as we saw from the deflation of the previous officeholder, but a radio guy can boom on across the airways for as long as the electricity stays on at the station.

Joe(we'll be right back after these words from ... .)Nation
Below viewing threshold (view)
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 09:46 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

It takes more than hot air to be President...

Obama's hot air got him elected... at least HC has real world work
experience, something our community organizer in chief has none of.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 09:52 am
@Joe Nation,
Yeah, what a buffoon. I couldn't sit through the whole thing. There was no real substance to the speech at all, just platitudes and feel-good phrases.

Cycloptichorn
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 10:49 am
H20man:

Just where in my remarks did I make any reference to race besides the one that your beloved HC made upon himself? Unless that wasn't one, in which case, I didn't make one either. Right?

Btw, you're not fooling anyone by calling President Obama, PresBo, as in Sambo, okay? So stuff the racist tag right back on you, brother.

Now go back over that speech you pasted up here and do one thing, let us know what you think is the most important point that HC made?

Joe(I'll wait here.)Nation
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 11:17 am
Right. Yeah, sure. Is that how you pronounce it. Prez B...... O ?

because that would be funny and still possibly racist.

Me betcha you say PrezBo to rhyme with Sambo.

Joe(waiting of denials...and you didn't answer my question in response to your insult.)Nation
Gargamel

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 02:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
What do you have against African Americans that compels you to refer to them as "man child," like so many racist pieces of **** from the Georgia backwoods before you?
Gargamel

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 08:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Man-Child is a name owned by the dude you elected president.

Wrong. It's something old white crackers from Georgia say to belittle black men. I'll bet you refuse to treat the water softeners of African American households.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 05:50 am
In 1787 one of the Federalist essays lamented political propaganda designed "to create uneasiness in the minds of the misinformed and weak." This seems to be happening today in the propaganda of the extreme right.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:34 am
@H2O MAN,
It is radicals that are working extremely hard to
create uneasiness in the minds of the misinformed and weak.

The very same misinformed, weak minds that vote every politician into power.

i think this is what everyone was trying to say
parados

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:50 am
DAY 23

It looks like the Tea Party is no different from any other group as it sucks off the public teat to pay for it's gatherings.

Quote:
The Washington event that solidified Rep. Michele Bachmann's place in the national spotlight in November cost taxpayers nearly $14,000.

source

Of course that doesn't begin to pay for the cost of security when those nut cases are in town.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:54 am
@djjd62,
Works for me Smile
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 07:01 am
DAY 28

28 days and counting. It looks as though armed people are going to show up outside DC today to "protest". They promise it has nothing to do with the history of this day; Ruby Ridge and the Oklahoma bombing.