Why are people against homosexuality?

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 12:47 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

A lot of men hate broccoli, but that does not mean that they fear broccoli, they just think it is gross and want it kept as far away from them as possible.

But what it happening is that the people who don't like broccoli aren't satisfied with them not eating broccoli. They have to impose rules on those who want broccoli.

You might not like broccoli, but you're nobody to tell someone they can't eat broccoli how they please.

T
K
O
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:19 am
Wait....

homosexuality needs to be cured?

Why?
Rideout

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:32 am
@blueprince,
I would say that bisexuality is a rule which must be followed by everyone and when a person comes and say that he's not agreed with this rule, that person is eliminated from the society. I'm not against homosexuality, I think that any person should do whatever he wants with his life and not follow all the rules.
It's like that rule when in the very past women were considered to take care of the house, children and not working. Now, women are working as much as men do. It was a rule which has been broken.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:37 am
@shewolfnm,
Manufactured homosexuality is a symptom of a human being in sometimes quite serious trouble. Early sexual adventure as children creating a bias, molested children, bad treatment at the hands of the opposite sex and so on, too many to list, constitute mental health issues we should be concerned about which produce a symptom of homosexuality. To say everyone is a little queer is to forever deny help to people who should be helped. Our psychological side of the health system is only concerned when you need the equivalent of multiple bypass surgery. Way down the list are people with illness for whom homosexuality is a symptom. We do not cure symptoms, but we do alleviate symptoms when they interfere with a persons life. This is totally different from someone born homosexual who is perfectly normal. There is no mental health issues to cure for born homosexuals, it was simply a dice roll on the genetic table.

We should also recognise that female homosexuals are the most faithful of any group and male homosexuals are the most promiscuous..some studies have shown that males have a different sexual partner up to 3-5 times a week. The males are looking for sex, the women are looking for love.

We should also recognise the role of stress in manufactured homosexuals. A life style of hedonistism or narcistism can lead to homosexuality as a release of stress. Sex is a great healer and some get confused looking for human comfort. Some societies produce far more manufactured homosexuals than others. An example being the Bonobo, where any sex goes...sex between sexes, with children, whatever...in order to reduce the stress produced in chimpanzee society where infanticide, revenge killings and war are all too common.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:53 am
You can remove the word homosexual, or the phrase homosexual behavior, and replace it with drug use, abuse, self cutting.. etc.etc and still have the same point.
It is self abuse when someone chooses extreme behavior because of how they were treated to subdue their own emotions.

But why give homosexual behavior the upper hand and the biggest problem crown?
Why not drug use?
You can die instantly from drugs. You cant from aids.

When you are high, you may not even be AWARE of what is going on and can transmit std's easier, where as just having a lot of sex, (presumably) you are sober and able to make the correct decision or alter what you are doing if you have no form of protection.
Drug use removes ones basic conscious... they are easily pushed to theft, hurting other people, murder in some cases.... where as the sex addict may not.

I hear you.. but I still have to ask why go after homosexual sex SO hard?
Its. Just. Sex.

The reason behind it? Abuse? Addiction? I am on board with that.
But why pull out all guns for a simple act of sex?
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 07:07 am
@shewolfnm,
I am not aware of being that upset about homsexuality. As for drugs and such that you mentioned, I believe you are correct but the topic is homosexuality and I thought I might contribute.

As for sex addicts, it would be my choice of problems to have. Most are very gentle people who although they want to go around rubbing up against everything, cause very little crime. One could argue that people like Hitler would have been far better off as a sex addict.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 07:36 am
@Ionus,
ahh.
Ok.
I misunderstood you. I thought you were coming from the point of being overly concerned about homosexuality , almost trumping other issues.

Eh.
Thats what happens before my coffee takes effect.

And yes. I have to agree.
If hitler was just addicted to the act of sex, and spent 24 hours having it , the world would have been a much better place then.
0 Replies

blueprince

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 11:24 am
@Ionus,
Just so you know, I wasn't trolling. I'm doing a study on how people justify anti-gay hatred, adding the occasional controversial comment when I feel like it because I'm odd.

I have a real bombshell to drop when next I hear a Christianity based comment...
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 01:19 pm
All of Ionus' comments are "christianity based." He's never honest about it, but it became obvious shortly after he arrived at this site that he holds some devout christian beliefs. In one thread, i pointed out that there is no evidence for the existence of the putative Jesus. For that matter, it can't be proven that the putative Jesus did not exist, either. Ionus went off the deep end with that, including dealing in vicious personal remarks--it was obvious that his notion of historical reality had been offended for doctrinal reasons, and not because he could provide evidence in support of his thesis. I suspect i might get a similar response out of him this time.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 01:23 pm
@Setanta,
Absolutely right. Even using the term 'manufactured homosexuality' is an indicator of bigotry towards the idea.

Cycloptichorn
Eorl

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 03:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
For Ionus, too much broccoli can get wife turned into a common condiment.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:19 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
You might not like broccoli, but you're nobody to tell someone they can't eat broccoli how they please.

true, but I do have the right to associate with only those who do not like broccoli. I have the right to try to put space between the broccoli eaters and me, and request that they stay away from me. In response the Broccoli eaters are free to decide that I am an asshole, but continually calling me an asshole (bigot) in public is bad form.

The main problem for me is that the broccoli eaters demand to come into my space with the stinky stuff, and are very clear that they are out to prove that they can do what ever they want, at which point they generated resistance from me. If they cant exercise common decency towards me I have no interest in being decent to them. I am not a "turn the other cheek" kinda guy.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

true, but I do have the right to associate with only those who do not like broccoli. I have the right to try to put space between the broccoli eaters and me, and request that they stay away from me. In response the Broccoli eaters are free to decide that I am an asshole, but continually calling me an asshole (bigot) in public is bad form.

The main problem for me is that the broccoli eaters demand to come into my space with the stinky stuff, and are very clear that they are out to prove that they can do what ever they want, at which point they generated resistance from me. If they cant exercise common decency towards me I have no interest in being decent to them. I am not a "turn the other cheek" kinda guy.

What is 'your space?' Are you so repulsed by the idea of gay people existing, that you can't bear to see them or hear about them?

Nobody's asking you to suck a dick, bro

Cycloptichorn
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:28 pm
@blueprince,
I am making a "Christianity based comment".
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:

What is 'your space?' Are you so repulsed by the idea of gay people existing, that you can't bear to see them or hear about them?

a little consistency would be nice. Re smoking we started out being offended when we smell smoke, then went to being offended when we could see smoking, and are well on our way to being offended because we know that someone somewhere is smoking.

you cant use the same argument both ways just because you happen to dislike smoking but do like fags. The intellectual arguments on both smoking and homosexuality are a sham. You all are saying what ever best works to get what you want, nothing more, and Americans are too timid to call you on it.
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:32 pm
@Setanta,
Let me remind you of your first words to me on this forum : jesus, where do you get that **** from. Very clever prose, an indication of a good education and a fine mind. A man in control who has no inferiority complex causing him to overreact.

All of your comments are anti-Christian. You live in fear of christians..in fact, you are christophobic.

As for the existence of Jesus, there is more evidence of his existance then there is of a lot of ancient figures. Now be a good boy and dont hyjack the thread.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

a little consitancy would nice. Re smoking we started out being oofended when we smell smoke, then went to being offended when we could see smoking, and are well on our way to being offended because we know that someone somewhere is smoking.

Straw man. Nobody has made that argument at all.

Quote:
you cant use the same arguement both ways just because you happen to dislike smoking but do like fags. The intellectual arguements on both smoking and homosexuality are a sham. You all are saying what ever best works to get what you want, nothing more, and Americans are too timid to call you on it.

Why would they? This is completely nonsensical and didn't answer my question at all. So I will repeat:

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Absolutely right. Even using the term 'manufactured homosexuality' is an indicator of bigotry towards the idea.

Absolutely wrong. Even using the term homophobic is an indicator of bigotry towards the idea. I use manufactured homosexuality to differentiate those who are man made and those who are born homosexual. Your guilt complex caused by your homosexual experiences is leading you to be biased and a bigot. I know it is hard, but try to be rational.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:40 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:

Absolutely wrong. Even using the term homophobic is an indicator of bigotry towards the idea.

No, it isn't. What you've said here doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote:
I use manufactured homosexuality to differentiate those who are man made and those who are born homosexual.

You are not a competent judge of which is which. In fact, unless you are a gay person yourself, I'm willing to bet that you don't know the first ******* thing about what it's like or how it feels. This construction merely allows you to present Homosexuality as a mental disorder, Bigot.

Quote:
Your guilt complex caused by your homosexual experiences is leading you to be biased and a bigot. I know it is hard, but try to be rational.

I have never had a homosexual experience, but if I did, I wouldn't be ashamed of it or guilty. Why in the world would I be?

Your predilection for throwing around accusations of homosexuality, on the other hand, is quite revealing, Bigot.

Cycloptichorn
Ionus

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 05:42 pm
@Eorl,
Perhaps you should be more concerned about the homosexuals who are sex addicts and are busy trying to turn children. There are some real heterophobes out there you know. You for example.