@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

So the only people capable of homosexual acts are those who are born homosexual

oh dear, certainly not

every one of us is capable
blueprince

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:57 pm
@Ionus,
If you're not Christian then don't use christianity to back up your points.
If you don't believe in it then why do you believe in the anti-homosexuality passages?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 04:16 pm
I have to side with cycloptichorn and setanta here, and it has nothing to do with politics or religion. Just good sense. It has been interesting, but I bow out, since nobody is offering anything new now.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 04:56 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you?
It staggers the i,agination that you have understood nothing of what I said and have the thick hide to not realise it.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I dont think you were following too closely. I asked if those who became homosexual later in life were born homosexual. You replied yes. I asked if you meant that the only homosexuals were born thst way. You replied no. Isnt there an apparent contridiction in your comments ?
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:01 pm
@blueprince,
Quote:
If you're not Christian then don't use christianity to back up your points.
If you don't believe in it then why do you believe in the anti-homosexuality passages?

Show me examples of either or both .... admit to being a troll.
parados

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:10 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I dont think you were following too closely. I asked if those who became homosexual later in life were born homosexual. You replied yes. I asked if you meant that the only homosexuals were born thst way. You replied no. Isnt there an apparent contridiction in your comments ?

I don't think you were following that closely Ionus, you asked THIS..

Quote:
So the only people capable of homosexual acts are those who are born homosexual

Because a dog has 4 legs doesn't mean all 4 legged animals are dogs. Your logic is flawed.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:15 pm
@parados,
Of course you dont understand. Perhaps you would like to fully quote what I said ?
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I have to side with cycloptichorn and setanta here,
I hope you realise one eye and **** for brains have not bothered to read my opinion. They have simply seen a different opinion that was not in the lefties guide book of how to be a good nazi and have attacked out of fear.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 05:54 pm
@Ionus,
Do you really want me to show your flawed argument in it's entirety?

Quote:

What you REALLY asked
Quote:
So the only people capable of homosexual acts are those who are born homosexual ....and your reasoning is...

I had to try to interpret this sentence
Quote:
I asked if you meant that the only homosexuals were born thst way

I interpreted as "I asked if you meant that only homosexuals were born that way." Perhaps I misinterpreted your meaning but as written your sentence doesn't make a lot of sense. I assumed a typo where you started a sentence, changed your mind and didn't erase "the". If you meant to say something else, the please tell us what it was.

Your attempt to say that all those that commit homosexual acts are homosexual is a logical fallacy.
blueprince

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:17 pm
@Ionus,
You mean apart from the obvious "I am making a "Christianity based comment"?
I am not a troll, I'm provoking thought with these random interjections.

That comment was not aimed directly at you, it was aimed at all people who use Christianity when they don't agree with the rest of it. I posted it as a response to your reply to me on the Jesus is bisexual comment. I was a bit overzealous as I had a separate tag open in which I was reading comments on a Youtube video. Some of them are surprisingly interesting.
Anyway, Secret gospels of Mark: good old wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Gospel_of_Mark

And John 19:26-27, to me, along with the long hinted relationship between John and Jesus, Jesus then says that his mother is John's mother. Either a marriage or he forced an adoption, but a) the way he said 'mother, behold your son' appears to have no bearing on what is happening, unless it means something along the lines of 'mother, behold, your son loves John'.

John 5:11 is just a little trick I saw a youtuber-youtube's surprisingly good for info when looking in the comments-use as there is no way to prove that Jesus did not foresee this anti-gay Biblical justified movement.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:18 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Your attempt to say that all those that commit homosexual acts are homosexual is a logical fallacy.
Your attempt to understand english is almost depressing. Arent you the clown who said to me once if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it probably is a duck ? Exactly how is someone who commits a homosexual act not a homosexual ? Perhaps someone who commits a murder is not a murderer.
Quote:
Do you really want me to show your flawed argument in it's entirety?
Yes I do. This is not the entirety.
Quote:
I had to try to interpret this sentence "I asked if you meant that the only homosexuals were born thst way"....I interpreted as "I asked if you meant that only homosexuals were born that way."
Is this your best attempt at wit ? Laughing You tried to interpret the sentence...you are a riot ! Do you do live stage ?
Quote:
What you REALLY asked
The problem with you and **** for brains is you have no understanding of meaning. No doubt you puzzle for hours if a word is changed. No wonder you dont understand the meaning of what you write. It is confusing, isnt it ? All those words...so many words...(sigh)
Quote:
Homosexual acts are committed by homosexuals. By definition. No doubt you have read some leftist propaganda that there are heterosexuals who commit homosexual acts and homosexuals who commit heterosexual acts...which leaves you absolutely distraught to understand what a bi-sexual is....poor baby !
Eorl

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:18 pm
@parados,
I think his point is that some are born homosexual, while others are manufactured (sic) at some later point (presumably by sinister forces or trauma).

I think there's nothing really wrong with the concept apart from the assumption that it's some kind of affliction as opposed to just variations of natural tendencies like everything else.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:26 pm
@blueprince,
Quote:
That comment was not aimed directly at you
Then I retract any criticism real or implied. Once you get attacke don these threads it seems every low life and their dog will attack without reading what is said let alone thinking. They pigeon hole people, and they see enough to realise you do not have their exact same opinion so you must be the opposite.
Quote:
And John 19:26-27, to me, along with the long hinted relationship between John and Jesus, Jesus then says that his mother is John's mother. Either a marriage or he forced an adoption, but a) the way he said 'mother, behold your son' appears to have no bearing on what is happening, unless it means something along the lines of 'mother, behold, your son loves John'.
A very good argument can be put forward for Jesus having a gay relationship with John, but it mainly involves Jesus surviving the crucifixion and John, aka John Mark, was his surgeon in the years following. I disagree with your interpretation of the words from the cross. I think Jesus was worried for his mother and John being the most trusted of those present (even Peter had failed him) he was adopting his mother out so she wouldnt die in poverty. Surely a indication of a great man considering the pain he was in.
As for Christians in general, I have found them to be more tolerant of different points of view then the thugs who attack them.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:29 pm
@Eorl,
Yes, I understand that Eorl but his argument rests on a single homosexual act making someone a homosexual. That is flawed since the reverse would also need to be true in that a single heterosexual act would make someone heterosexual.
blueprince

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:31 pm
@Ionus,
This 'acts gay, must be gay' is pointless, ok?
I doubt there is a person on this Earth who hasn't been, at some point, curious about sexual orientation, who hasn't experimented with the same sex.

Therea re some people who identify as heterosexual who have, what they refer to, as a 'penis fetish'; they love women but like the idea of penetration, and that idea automatically incorporates a penis. They are not homosexual, they just like the idea of, to use the slang term, 'pegging'.
Are you claiming every single teenage girl who tries to seduce a guy buy kissing another girl is a lesbian? that's an awful lot of heterosexuals who are secretly bisexual/homosexual...

With any luck, that will be the last time I need to jump in like this. It's just fairly annoying when the same, visibly flawed to a five year old, argument is repeated.

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it's a goose.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:40 pm
@Ionus,
oh dear, having trouble recalling your own posts now?

I followed what you were trying to do. You were unsuccessful.
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:42 pm
@Eorl,
Thank for your general support but I have never said homosexuality is an illness or an affliction. I have said it is a symptom. In some instances the symptom should be treated as when young men have a sexual addiction as well and they end up having to wear tampons in their arse because the muscles are screwed.

Mainly there are no reasons to treat the symptom but it should be remembered there may be a human being in deep distress with a very real problem. Clearly there are those who are born homosexual and for these there is no indication of any deeper problem..they are 100% normal. Someone who engages in homosexual acts does not necessarily need help with a deeper problem.

If I had to single only one point that I wish to make, it is that people may go to the doctor once or twice a year but trying going to a psychologist or psychiatrist once a lifetime and see what happens to your associates attitude. Hopefully your friends will stay, but not necessarily.
djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:47 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
but trying going to a psychologist or psychiatrist once a lifetime and see what happens to your associates attitude. Hopefully your friends will stay, but not necessarily.

sounds like you need better friends
Ionus

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:48 pm
@parados,
A single murder makes someone a murderer. What makes a bisexual ? Perhaps you could define what makes a homosexual ? This blurriness is to discourage any criticism of homosexuals whilst helping people who have guilt feelings about any homosexuality they may have had in the past. I am waiting for a bus. I am not a bus passenger. I catch a bus. I am a bus passenger. I get off the bus. I am not a bus passenger. But for a while I was a bus passenger.
0 Replies