Should gay marriage be legal nationally? Globally?

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:02 pm
It seems in this day and age the topic of homosexual marriage is constantly debated with little feasible reason, both objectively and subjectively. I'm here simply asking what stance you have on this issue and why exactly do you feel this way? Let's have some insightful discussions people!

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:09 pm
@shikki19,
Honey, there are many threads on all this here.

Who the **** are you to be asking us to repeat it all?

Simply explore our archives by either posting a tag or a search.
shikki19

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:19 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm new to this, sweetheart! I appreciate your vast amount of respect. This is for a school project so I just ask to either help by joining in the discussion or move along without showing such low integrity. Have an awesome night!
Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 08:55 pm
@shikki19,
shikki19 wrote:

I'm new to this, sweetheart! I appreciate your vast amount of respect. This is for a school project so I just ask to either help by joining in the discussion or move along without showing such low integrity. Have an awesome night!

I would like the UN to adopt it as a human right, so those countries that do not allow it, and persecute gays in any way can have these human rights abuses on their proverbial permanent record.

Continuing the school analogy, those countries that collected a certain number of human rights abuses over a specific time period (analogous to a school calendar year) would then not get promoted to the "next grade", so to speak. Or rather, not get money for building dams, etc., etc. I think the program should have a catchy phrase. Perhaps, "Let the dumb f*cks rot."
shikki19

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 05:28 pm
@Foofie,
I completely agree with your standpoint, Foofie. The adoption of homosexual marriage would lead to a movement of equality and positivity - maybe it would take some time for the light to come from the darkness of those that choose to rebel but it's better than dank submission.
0 Replies

pavarasra

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 01:30 pm
@shikki19,
well, I'll be one to say that gay marriage should, in fact, be legal -- both nationally and globally. I think that this issue is constantly debated because many people are uncomfortable with people publicly expressing their sexuality, whether it is homo- or heterosexual. Excuse me for trying to sound like I'm ranting, but personally, it is none of other people's business to say that two people cannot happily express themselves in public. Why is it considered taboo for two people of the same gender to be together? What is the difference between two people of opposite gender vs. two people of the same gender? (Here's a hint: there is none). To each their own!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 03:02 pm
@shikki19,
You're right, I was rude, and I apologize.
Some subjects have been lengthily talked about here on a2k and sometimes it is hard, if you have expressed your opinions as thoughtfully as you can many times, to do it again.

But I am wrong, there's always space for a new thread and new answers.

To register my opinion in short, yes for US nationally.
Globally, this is not my business whatever my wishes. In some places more incremental measures would help equal rights move ahead.
0 Replies

Kai-Rock

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 06:10 pm
@Foofie,
I also agree, but I would as include them not being able to discriminate against transgender people either.
0 Replies

lexyfranks

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 10:32 am
@shikki19,
I think marriage should be an option for everybody. Then if they choose not to its by choice and not through being told what they can and can't do by an agency who has nothing really to do with it. If a man can marry his garden wall he should be able to marry the love of his life. Male or Female.
0 Replies

Jsmith002

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 10:05 am
@shikki19,
My question for those who are in support of Gay marriage is this. Should a 35 year old man be able to marry a 14 year old girl? Why are there laws saying that you have to be 16 to marry. Another- why cant a man marry his sister?

If these situations seem obviously wrong to you, then ask why. What is different about the gay marriage debate?

If loving someone is the basis for marriage ( which is often the basis that homosexuals use), then why are these situations different?
myrah

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 01:03 am
@shikki19,
I appreciate your efforts and from my point of view it should be legalize. Its an individuals life and he should have right to do whatever he want to. It should be legalize nationally to respect the feelings of such peoples.
0 Replies

SABRES19

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:33 pm
Marriage is between Man and Woman. End of story. I am not one to judge but everyone meets their maker one day.
0 Replies

SABRES19

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:34 pm
No it should not be. Marriage is between Man and Woman!
0 Replies

sophiayiu

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 07:08 pm
@shikki19,
I definitely think it will become legal globally one day. People's opinions toward homosexuality become more tolerant these days, and more and more countries legalized same sex marriage. It is just a matter of time.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 03:58 pm
I would think some scientific data is in order to understand what homo versus hetero sex connotes. I mean I would like to see the bellcurves of "achieving simultaneous orgasms" for different forms of sex, comparing homo and hetero participation. This might shed some light on what makes the gay community so persistent?

0 Replies

Mike9812

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 06:27 pm
@shikki19,
No.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 05:54 am
Why the hell is this such a big issue. If someone doesn't want a gay marriage, then they shouldn't get gay married. But saying someone else's marriage offends you is like getting angry at someone for eating a donut just because you're on a diet.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 06:25 am
If you really want answers for a school project there should be a bit more to it than asking a handful of people. Either do as ossobuco suggested or try this
https://www.google.de/search?q=gay+marriage+in+different+countries&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp&gfe_rd=cr&ei=3FEgU_XoKOSl8wel7YCYAg
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 02:09 am
@Jsmith002,
Jsmith002 wrote:

My question for those who are in support of Gay marriage is this. Should a 35 year old man be able to marry a 14 year old girl?

No. And a 35 year old man shouldn't be allowed to marry a 14 year old boy. Straw man bullshit.
NSFW (view)