Why are people against homosexuality?

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:10 am
@BillRM,
Gender bating. Rolling Eyes

Here is a preview of your next four years: When you get to high school, you don't have to share your locker and if you park in the north lot the seniors will wrap your car in cling wrap.

That advice was free, kiddo.
K
O
BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:52 am
@Diest TKO,
Still not a fan of Asimov it would seem.

Oh how your fantasy thread of 33 percent rapes of our military women going?

Sill trying to sell that nosense?
Trial of beliefs

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:11 am
@blueprince,
To gage some understanding of anti LGBT lifestyles it only requires a bit of an understanding of human emotional mind sets.I.E sexaul fear,peer pressure of comformity, the insercurities of ones self estreme.
A religious argument encompresses each of those points, of which has not and never did have anything to do with a God or no God and everything to do with the above issues.
Leviticus : ( the bible 18:22) which is often used to excuse an intolerence or prejudice and a bigotry towards homosexuals contains not a single word about lesbians or even transgenders.
Could it be just has today that some males find lesbians attractive?
Another point to this is religious use of adultry ( condemning without cause or excuse for it) It takes 2 to commit yet it is the woman that is stoned to death for it? (sexism, submission of women)
It is consider manly to have had sex with many women yet if a woman does the same she is a slut? (excused sexism by the use of a God concept)
The issue about the bigotry or at least intolerence of homosexualy has nothing to do with a religion ,or a culture, it has everything to do with a dishonest admittance has to why one is against it.
That dishonest attitute and excuse for it lays completely in a personal unsureness of ones own sexual security.
Peer pressure to comform coupled with sexual security issues is central to this issue.
Every notice a male walking along a side walk on a cold rainy day wearing no coat or hat acting as if the weather does not effect him?
Could be he has no coat or hat or? could be he thinks this makes him appear more manly? Anyone ever notice other behavoir like that?
Religion is by fact of practice the organized use of a belief.
Religion is by fact of history early attempts at creating codes of civil law and conduct that used the concept of a belief to justify a social comformity and to justify a social discrimination to create a comformity to its dogma and doctrine.
Early laws of civilizations were nearly all centered around forms of religious beliefs, be it idol worship or single god beliefs. (this is proveable historical fact)
It could be argued and well argued that religion is organized discrimination via the use of a belief for purposes of comformity to its doctrine and dogma. (historical and present day use and evidence strongly points in this use of a belief)
If a person chooses to believe in a God fine, if not fine, yet the use of either one to justify a bigotry or intolerence is perhaps the highest form of un-ethical use).
Since the dawn of time there has been only one real enemy, this enemy has been responsible for more war,hate,child abuse,family seperations, and illness then all other evils combined.
It will organize around anything that encourges discrimination and ignorance.
It's name is Bigotry it's excuse is dishonesty.

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:18 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

I believe that homosexuality is the result of a malfunction of some sort. The mechanism causing the disorder will probably be explicitly identified some day. I know that no one asks for what he is born with, and I want everyone to get what he needs to be happy, but that does not extend to laws which would explicitly or implicitly endorse homosexuality as normal.

Homosexuality occurs in our population along the same order of magnitude as red hair. While red hair is unusual and genetic based, it is hardly abnormal and not a grounds for discrimination. Same for homosexuality. Laws do not need to "explicitly or implicitly endorse" homosexuality, but they should not explicitly or implicitly discriminate against it either.

Convenient that you cut out part of my statement.
BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:22 am
@Trial of beliefs,
Quote:
Another point to this is religious use of adultry ( condemning without cause or excuse for it) It takes 2 to commit yet it is the woman that is stoned to death for it? (sexism, submission of women)

Of course only women was condemn for it as they was betraying their husbands and causing him to waste resources on raising someone else child and taking care of a woman who was betraying her contract with him at the same time.

Women did not take part at the time with bringing in resources to the family after all. The only thing they was offering was allowing the man to keep his blood line going.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 09:42 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Still not a fan of Asimov it would seem.

Asimov is great. I'm a little bit more of a Mark Twain fan personally. both writers would be impressed with the fiction you produce. Asimov would enjoy the murder plot conspiracy you've created around his death.

Bravo.

BillRM wrote:

Oh how your fantasy thread of 33 percent rapes of our military women going?

I'm sure the rape victims of the world enjoy your taunting. If you wish to address this topic, take it to that thread. We can discuss your inability to comprehend that topic there.

T
K
O
engineer

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:04 am
@Brandon9000,
There was no intent to deceive by editing down your post and everyone can read it in its entirety by clicking on the link. My comments were specifically focused on your point that genetic rarities are not "normal". While not typical, something that occurs with the frequency of homosexuality or red hair is clearly prevalent enough to be inside the normal box.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:15 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
If you wish to address this topic, take it to that thread[/quote

Sorry but after that silly claim had been shown to be fantasy it got kind of boring and I am sure the men in the military enjoy you guys labeling them as mass rapists or at least the heterosexual men and heterosexual women as poor mass victims.

Kind of a pattern here labeling heterosexual men as mass rapists and heterosexual females as mass victims and then on this thread crying about the poor homosexuals being abuse by the evil heterosexual control society.

Sorry homosexuals couples are not the same as heterosexual couples and therefore had no rights to claim/demand the same treatment. Oh hell they do indeed have the right to claim it and demand it they just do not have a reason to think we are going to grant it to them.

I think this silly thread had also gone on as long as needed and I will wave goodbye to it also.
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:20 am
@BillRM,
Such a shame Billy. Your hit and run strawmen were rather entertaining. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

buh bye.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:29 am
engineer - I just thought of a test of sorts to demonstrate a possible trend in homosexuality being focused on male homosexuality.

I went to google images, and searched based on certain keywords or phrases to see what would return. I'm not sure if you've ever learned anything about how Google's search engine returns the top links, but it is based on user searches and links. I thought that it might be interesting...

"Gay" :
http://images.google.com/images?q=gay&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

"Homosexual":
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&um=1&sa=1&q=homosexual&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&start=0&social=false

What I observe, and others may see something else, is that the top hits (lets say the first page) is predominantly men.

T
K
O
engineer

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:43 am
@Diest TKO,
My gut feel is that you are correct. I think when someone says "homosexual", the first thought is of male homosexuality and if someone said "gay sex act", the first thought is of the anal variety. I guess the Google search lends some empirical data to that.
Ionus

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 09:59 pm
I dont know how any of you think you are discussing homosexuality without being specific about its cause. Eliminate the people who are born homosexual.
Manufactured homosexuality is a symptom of mental illness but the disease should be treated not the symptom. Many homosexuals are manufactured and they should have help to cure them.

Men choose to become homosexual when they want sex. Women tend to become homosexual when they want love. Unfortunately, there are so many worse things that can be wrong in the mental health area that we probably never will get around to cure manufactured homosexuality. Psychologists started by saying they could cure homosexuals, but only treated born homosexuals who are normal. When they failed, they then declared they couldnt cure it because it is normal. They never tried to cure the illness behind the symptom of manufactured homosexuality.

Many people have homosexual experiences. Most shrug it off and get on with life but for some this leads to gay bashing, for others a deep shame. It is these people who have trouble with others homosexuality and those who see it as a life style despite being born heterosexual who need help.

Incidently, there have been several movements within the male homosexual community over the years to convert children and others to homosexuality. These have been brought to light by religious groups and the non-religious simply ignore it because it cant be true if the religious believe it. It does happen. I have several friends who are homosexual and they are usually quite alarmed by this behaviour of their group. They are born homosexual and are quite comfortable with who they are..it is the manufactured ones who are worried about coming out.

By the way, I think the starter of this thread was trolling.

Eorl

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:27 pm
Repression. Fear of the stability of one's own sexuality. I think that's the primary reason. Even those who say it just "grosses them out" have to be feeling that way via empathy and imagination.
dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:14 pm
@Eorl,
But...unless there is homophobia...what on earth is there to be insecure about the stability of one's sexuality over?

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:15 pm
@engineer,
So...you think it is some sort of bottom phobia?

But, don't lots of men get all weird over menstruation? But they seem pretty keen to put their dangly bits in women despite this.

Not to mention people who have sex with men having to get all involved with some weird tube wee comes out of!! if you're going to have the heeby jeebies, I'd see that as a big heeby jeeby creator! Ewww.

I mean, there's a whole design issue here....the playground having been placed way too close to the sewerage plant.

Yet...the focus of yuck seems, you seem to suggest, from all the eww choices..to be on the anus as eww.

Bonkers.

0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:37 pm
@dlowan,
I think all straight men (at least) are happy and relieved to be straight, due to the pre-existing homophobia surrounding them. I think they all fear to a greater or lesser extent, that given the right conditions, they could be turned. That fear produces the homophobia in the community that reinforces it. Vicious circle!
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:47 pm
@Eorl,
A lot of men hate broccoli, but that does not mean that they fear broccoli, they just think it is gross and want it kept as far away from them as possible.
Eorl

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 11:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes, but you are carrying a stalk of broccoli with you wherever you go. What if a guy starts looking at yours hungrily. What if you are in a prison and haven't eaten anything for a long time?

Hey, don't blame me, you started the metaphor!
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 12:03 am
@Eorl,
we know that guys in prison work their way down the erotic quality chain till they get to something that is obtainable.....but if you have the option to surround yourself with Chrystal and Caviar do you really want to have some guy bring in broccoli and stink up the room?

Kinda a buzz kill, don'tcha think?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 12:44 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I want everyone to get what he needs to be happy, but that does not extend to laws which would explicitly or implicitly endorse homosexuality as normal.

Brandon, can you give some examples of laws that, in your view, would explicitly or implicitly endorse homosexuality as normal?
0 Replies