First time cheater, why did it happen after I'd finally got married???!!

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 02:07 am
I'm in my mid 30's - my hubby in his early 40's . I've been with my husband for 16 years & married just 2 yrs ago. We have 2 kids 18 (my son) & 12 (our daughter). Just a couple of months ago, I began accepting flirting advances from a co-worker. We work in the same building, on the same floor, but not the same position. He is several years younger than I in his late 20's. He is also married with 3 kids under 4 years old. His youngest is 3 months old. We have amazing chemistry & great sex! I love my husband . In all of our years together, I' d NEVER cheated on him before. Since having sex with my co-worker, I have lost my desire to have sex with my husband. We have a great relationship otherwise. I feel so guilty for my infidelity but not enough to end it. My lover & I have discussed that we are just having fun & neither of us is looking to leave our marriages. Although I am beginning to have feelings (I think) for my lover. I absolutely know if my husband found out, he'd divorce me. However, he'd never suspect anything like this from me. I'm more worried about my lovers wife discovering it and blowing it outta the dark.. Only because being a woman, I know what great detectives we can be if we so much as suspect our mates are straying... I don't want to hurt anyone involved, our spouses or our children; but I wAnt it to continue as long as it possibly can....
I know this is wrong. I've only been able to confide in my closest 3 friends, of which only one has prayed with me & encouraged me to end it. The others Just say that they won't judge me. What do i do?

so-so conflicted

Ceili

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 02:18 am
STOP!
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:31 am
Why ask us?

You said you don't want to stop.
Unless YOU want to end this, it won't happen - unless of course his wife finds out, which she will, since you agree women have a sense about things like this.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:31 am
@Conflicted,
you seem to wanna justify your cheating by rationalizing that "Ive never done it before". DUUUUH, you get no extra credit ofre never before having cheated. The best thing between two lovers is TRUST. It outweighs sex and makes a relationship really golden, because youll do anything for your partner including die for her, and you know she feels the same way . You become a pair of great swans who live for each other and face the rest of the world as one.
Cheating permanently removes trust from your relationship and getting it back is almost impossible. Ive known several guys whose wives cheated on them and they decided to forgive and move on. Two of them have confided in me that its has never been the same since the trust went away.

If you can live that way, I suppose you can always engage in extra marital affairs with some impunity. If i was your husband, youd be history , cause I really like trust.

BTW, you must really think that your husband is stupid. You are probably leaving forensic clues all over the place. My first wife had an affair and I got suspicious when shed come home after a night out with the girls but had applied new coats of lipstick. Later, it was e asy putting more evidence together cause she got sloppy and assumed that I too , like you, was being figured as being oblivious.
Quicks97

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:45 am
@Conflicted,
I wont judge you bc Im doing the same thing. But if you dont want anyone to find out you shouldnt have never told your friends. Some stuff you just take to the grave with you. You want to vent well here you go but I dont care how close you think you are to your friends. I mean jeez some people say "i just told one person and that is my best friend". But you told 3?! Come on! Be smart have your fun and stfu. Unless you want to get caught.
djjd62

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:48 am
@Quicks97,
Quicks97 wrote:
You want to vent well here you go but I dont care how close you think you are to your friends. I mean jeez some people say "i just told one person and that is my best friend". But you told 3?! Come on!

you know what they say, 2 people can keep a secret as long as 1 of them is dead
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:57 am
@Conflicted,
If you're this conflicted and you're confiding in friends and have them pray for you then it's time you called a shrink to really help you sort out why you're doing it. Otherwise, you're going to wear out your friendships with your behavior. An affair has the excitement element, but it also makes the person involved extremely self-centered and preoccupied.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:00 am
@Conflicted,
just out of curiosity, why did you get married at all

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:20 am
You say you feel so guilty but not enough to end your infidelity... my question to you is "What would it take for you to end it?"
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:20 am
@Conflicted,
If you've lost desire for your husband, it is more than a fling. Instead of spicing things up, you've switched to a relationship with a new guy who is not going to leave his wife and effectively dumped the old guy. You need to think about that because you are really going the wrong way. By the way, guys can be great detectives also.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:25 am
@Conflicted,
I have another question:

Why would you treat someone you love this way?

Does it not matter to you how hurt and betrayed he's going to feel when, yes WHEN, he finds out?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:45 am
@Conflicted,
Quote:
He is several years younger than I in his late 20's. He is also married with 3 kids under 4 years old. His youngest is 3 months old. We have amazing chemistry & great sex!

This quote above spells time bomb. Three kids under 4 years old?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:51 am
@Conflicted,
LOL You already told three friends and you thinking it going to remain a secret?

If they are married they are surely going to tell their husbands and more likely some of their other girlfriends who are going to tell.......

If your poor husband does no know now he will in a very short period of time.

Wonder how your children will look at you afterward.

Oh side note when I was dating a co-worker I would know who is doing what with whom in short order at the work place.

Never had a clue when I was not in such a relationship as men tend to talk far less then women it would seem.

Lord do they talk.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:54 am
@Conflicted,
Entertaining story.
Thanks for sharing.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:57 am
@George,
Yes who know if the poster is a 40 year old man looking for cheap amusment.
JPB

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 08:01 am
@Conflicted,
First, welcome to A2K.

Second, you don't need advice -- you already know the answer to what you need to do. Stop the affair, even if it means finding a new job, and get your head on straight. Therapy is certainly one option. Another is to realize that your marriage is a continuation of the old patterns. I'm not sure why you decided to get married after 14 years but perhaps it was because you thought it would give your relationship a new spark (or perhaps it was simply a financial consideration...). Whatever the reason, you're married and you're bored.

Mr Penis allows you to feel excitement that you haven't felt in years. He flirts with you (I'm guessing your husband doesn't). He makes you feel desirable and pretty (I'm guessing your husband doesn't). He gives you a reason to wake up in the morning and think that this day is going to be a happy day (I'm guessing your husband doesn't). You feel taken for granted and stuck in your marriage. Mr Penis allows you to feel alive and vibrant. No big surprise that you're more attracted to Mr Penis than your husband.

My suggestion is to ask your husband out on a date. Throw your energies into rekindling a spark in your relationship with your husband. Tell him you're bored. Tell him you want to feel alive again. Tell Mr Penis that he's got 4 children and a wife who trust him and he's letting them down and that you need to be able to look at yourself in the mirror in the morning and respect the person who looks back at you.

You owe yourself and your husband a chance to make your marriage work. If the relationship has run it's course then end it. Your daughter will survive. So will you and he. If you do leave your marriage then best wishes and good luck. I hope you find happiness. It won't come from Mr Penis.

George

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 08:01 am
@BillRM,
Either the poster id full of shinola; in which case who cares?
Or the poster is doing something wrong that she absolutely knows is wrong
and intends to keep on doing. Her only hesitation comes from fear of being
caught. In which case it doesn't matter what anyone says.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 08:22 am
@Conflicted,
Conflicted wrote:
. He is also married with 3 kids under 4 years old. His youngest is 3 months old.

again? http://able2know.org/topic/133575-1#post-3686592

3 kids under 4 - seems to be a run on them in the younger man world
Gala

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 08:34 am
@George,
Quote:
Either the poster id full of shinola

I think you're right about this, you know why? Because if said adultress was really having an affair I don't think she'd be so casual about calling her husband "hubby." Also note, the disclaimer: he has 17 children under the age of 4, but we have great sex and chemistry! Wheeee!
Gala

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 08:35 am
@ehBeth,
Geez, ebeth, how do remember these posters? I'm impressed.
0 Replies