Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 01:22 am
I want to know if it will be akward if I write my number on the bill for the sexy waiter who served us next time we go again to the restaurant.

jespah

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:16 am
@Smiley12,
Not necessarily awkward. It's far more likely that it will be ineffective.
People in the hospitality industry are paid to be cute and nice. Many of them are hit on all the time.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:39 am
It would be counter-productive. Only socially inept people write a phone number on a bill in order to try to date someone.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:08 am
Not on the bill, but you could hand her a card with your contact info, with a hand written note on it asking her to call if she's interested in having coffee.

Thinking about it more, writing your name/number on the bill is kind of dumb. She probably won't even see it, and it'll just get put into the pile of other receipts for the day.

However, if she doesn't call you, and you continue to go to that restaurant, that would be ackward for you.

If you're that interested, make it a point to run into her when she's not working, and ask her out then.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:38 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Not on the bill, but you could hand her a card with your contact info, with a hand written note on it asking her to call if she's interested in having coffee.

Thinking about it more, writing your name/number on the bill is kind of dumb. She probably won't even see it, and it'll just get put into the pile of other receipts for the day.

However, if she doesn't call you, and you continue to go to that restaurant, that would be ackward for you.

If you're that interested, make it a point to run into her when she's not working, and ask her out then.

I want to know if it will be akward if I write my number on the bill for the sexy waiter who served us next time we go again to the restaurant.
panzade

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:21 am
Waiter waitress makes no difference.
A guy leaves his number for the waitress no one thinks twice. Should be the same for a woman.
Direct and self-confident; saying "I pity the fool that turns this down"
Go for it!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:25 am
@panzade,
I'm going with giving the person a card - but with the clear understanding that you know that service staff get approached A LOT (so don't expect to be contacted)
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:59 am
@Smiley12,
Smiley12 wrote:

No...take a chance ;-)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I left my card with someone that worked at one of the branches of the bank I went to.

We ended up going out 3 or 4 times, and had a lovely time.

It was like, "call me if you like, if you don't care to, that's fine."

chai2

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 01:43 pm
@chai2,
Actually, thinking back, when I was in a sales job, I had several men ask me out, because they saw me at their business.

I always said yes. What the hell?

2 were dudes and only went on 1 date.
One I got close to, and we had a quasi relationship. I got a trip to San Diego out of it.
A fourth guy, sigh. I really fell for him in a big way. I would have married him, but I wasn't his religion, and that was a necessary thing for him.

So, in short, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 02:26 pm
@chai2,

Absolutely .

My point was this probably is a woman (or gay guy) hitting on a guy. Your wording tended toward a guy hitting on a woman.

My sense of thing is that this probably works out better than the other way around.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 02:45 pm
My sister left her cell phone number on a card with a guy she liked, that she met in a bar, and he did call her... to try to sell her life insurance.
Germlat

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 02:48 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

My sister left her cell phone number on a card with a guy she liked, that she met in a bar, and he did call her... to try to sell her life insurance.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 02:48 pm
@contrex,
As long as she didn't make him the beneficiary. Very Happy
0 Replies