Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

Sat 15 Nov, 2014 03:36 pm
Quote:
Bill Cosby raped me. Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my story?

Only when a male comedian called Cosby a rapist did the accusation take hold.

Quote:
In 2004, when Andrea Constand filed a lawsuit against Bill Cosby for sexual assault, her lawyers asked me to testify. Cosby had drugged and raped me, too, I told them. The lawyers said I could testify anonymously as a Jane Doe, but I ardently rejected that idea. My name is not Jane Doe. My name is Barbara Bowman, and I wanted to tell my story in court. In the end, I didn’t have the opportunity to do that, because Cosby settled the suit for an undisclosed amount of money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/13/bill-cosby-raped-me-why-did-it-take-30-years-for-people-to-believe-my-story/?tid=pm_pop

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/11/15/bill-cosby-says-nothing-when-asked-about-sexual-assault-allegations/qFPwojOQ9aa1cFQoWIsNKM/story.html

So far each entertainer has been found "Guilty"... Noooo I love Bill Crosby!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 25 • Views: 99,531 • Replies: 1,292
Topic Closed

PUNKEY

Sat 15 Nov, 2014 06:05 pm
So . . . we find another hero with feet of clay.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 15 Nov, 2014 07:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You know, I never did! He was entertaining, sure, no question about it, but there was something arrogant and mean about him. I never could put my finger to it, but he gave off bad vibes.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 15 Nov, 2014 11:57 pm
@CalamityJane,
I guess we're about to find out "why".

I did read on face-book by a "guy" who stated. Back in 1980, a friend of his was quite terrified. She visited Hawaii and ran into him, thought it was awesome. But after sipping a drink he bought her, she felt strange, she stopped drinking excused herself and got out of there. He stated that she was a bit ill after but not before and suspected her drink was spiked.

Again though "tell it ain't so".........
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
After Rolf Harris nothing surprises me. We've had a deluge of high profile sex offenders from the 1970s, mostly radio DJs, finding themselves in court. And there's accusations of a powerful paedophile ring operating at the same time, amidst accusations of a cover up by the Home Office.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:49 pm
I dont think it is possible to be good at comedy without being twisted, and Cosby was very good. I have no trouble believing that he is/was a perv. I also believe that casting couch sex was very common, and so was groupie sex, and that this sex tends to not meet currently demanded levels on consent. I dont think it is possible to know what happened between these two 30 years ago. I do think that Cosby is going to be disappointed that more insiders dont come to his defense like they do with Woody.....Cosby has made a lot of enemies over the years, and he is no longer working much and thus is no longer in a position to offer people jobs.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Izzy, true who would have thought Rolf Harris would be so evil. And, I say that because of the little old ladies in the Hospice that he targeted, with his mate.

Hawk. I remember when I was modelling and singing in my early 20's. It became very evident if I wanted to get anywhere in life, I had to have sex and I heard about the casting couch. I also recall a TV presenter that ended up in a mental institution for a period of time, having "not" being able to cope with having to do that, to become successful...

I think that all of these men being famous coupled with the casting couch and it's ability to somewhat be overlooked, allowed back then made them greedy outside of their normal lives and believe that they would never get caught. How do the girls go up against someone famous? Who has money... contacts.

What a shame that 30+ years passes before people speak out and justice is done.

Having said that. There would be tag alongs wanting payouts so it's hard to determine I think, or would be.. How do you prove you were raped 30 years ago? Seriously.... By all these witnesses stated that "you" told them it occurred...

Woody Allen really more or less just ended up falling in love with an adopted daughter did he do anything else? If he did, why wouldn't he have been charged.

hawkeye10

Sun 16 Nov, 2014 05:02 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Dylans assertion as I recall is that Woody once took her to the attic and stuck his finger in her. Other people in the house either say he took her up there or that he was never alone with her.

Convential wisdom is that Rihanna slept with everyone to get into the biz, so it seems to still happen. My best guess is that this young wantabe actress was fine with having sex with cosby to get the job, but when she did not get the job she decided she had been abused.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:40 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't know about Crosby, but of all the high profile sex offenders put on trial over here, none have been casting couch situations. Rolf Harris and Max Clifford raped under age girls, Dave Lee Travis sexually assaulted women in The Green Room.

The extent of Jimmy Savile's behaviour is only just coming to light.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:55 am
Quote:
Tarshis, a former actress, music industry publicist and journalist, wrote that she met Cosby through mutual friends, and he often invited her to his room on the Universal lot, where he was shooting The Bill Cosby Show. He would ply her with food and drinks, often pouring beer into her Bloody Mary's, even though he himself never drank.

One night, Cosby invited her to help him work on material for the show, where he made her one of his Bloody Mary-and-beer concoctions. She claims she was in the middle of discussing a scene with him when she lost consciousness.

"The next thing I remember was coming to on his couch while being undressed," she wrote. "Through the haze, I thought I was being clever when I told him I had an infection, and he would catch it, and his wife would know he had sex with someone. But he just found another orifice to use. I was sickened by what was happening to me and shocked that this man I had idolized was now raping me."

Read more Bill Cosby 'Late Show' Appearance Canceled After Rape Allegations Resurface

Tarshis said she felt guilty and did not tell anyone about the incident. She wrote that the second time he drugged and raped her came after he asked her mother if she could attend a show with him, and she did not feel comfortable turning down the invite and telling her mom about the previous rape.

"[Upon regaining conscious the second time,] I remember thinking, 'You old ****, I guess you got me this time, but it’s the last time you’ll ever see me,' " she wrote, adding that it took her 20 years before she talked about these incidents to anyone.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bill-cosby-rape-accuser-comes-749511

I am getting a bad feeling about this Cosby thing. He very well might be the next Lance Armstrong.
hawkeye10

Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:13 am
@hawkeye10,
Let there be no doubt that according to Hawkeye10 drugging women tomake them pass out and taking advantage of them sexually is rape rape. always. 15-20 in prison is appropriate.
izzythepush

Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:13 am
@hawkeye10,
That situation is not casting couch, and if it's true Cosby is guilty of rape. It does, however, pale into insignificance compared to what Savile got up to.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:37 pm
@hawkeye10,

I should have headed this thread - "Actors" that rape because they believe they can get away with it....

This one below took me by surprise.

Quote:
It took two decades, but the law finally came down on Joseph Hyungmin Son.

The actor best known for playing Dr. Evil's shoe-throwing henchman Random Task in 1997's Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, was convicted of torture Thursday in Santa Ana, Calif. in connection with a 1990 Christmas Eve gang rape of a woman who was out walking her dog.

http://au.eonline.com/news/260728/austin-powers-actor-convicted-of-torture-in-horrific-christmas-eve-rape-21-years-after-heinous-crime

In this article, Andrea states that there were Limo drivers, assistants, hotel staff, around at the time and I'm wondering how many of those will, willingly admit they knew what was going on.

In 2004, when Andrea Constand filed a lawsuit against Bill Cosby for sexual assault, her lawyers asked me to testify. Cosby had drugged and raped me, too, I told them. The lawyers said I could testify anonymously as a Jane Doe, but I ardently rejected that idea. My name is not Jane Doe. My name is Barbara Bowman, and I wanted to tell my story in court. In the end, I didn’t have the opportunity to do that, because Cosby settled the suit for an undisclosed amount of money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/13/bill-cosby-raped-me-why-did-it-take-30-years-for-people-to-believe-my-story/
hawkeye10

Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Bill Cosby is/was difficult to go after, with his cred as an educator, family man, and according to whites a paragon of black morality.

I always get a little itchy though when people to claim to better humans than me.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 18 Nov, 2014 03:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Smile on the last note.

True though. Though some felt something sleazy if that is true... His "Character" was warm fuzzy and family...

A place to hide. if he is guilty.
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Nov, 2014 03:19 am
@FOUND SOUL,
We dont know about Cosby yet, but I think a lot of these people are trying to do something positive with their lives to balance out the evil. Not Sandusky of Penn ST though, I think he was mining for victims with his child welfare foundations.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 19 Nov, 2014 01:02 am
Quote:
On Tuesday, supermodel Janice Dickinson joined more than a dozen other women, saying Cosby sexually assaulted her in 1982. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Dickinson, who is now 59, recounted how Cosby struck up what appeared to be a professional relationship with her more than 30 years ago.
Dickinson says Cosby reached out to her during a trip to Bali and had her travel to Lake Tahoe, because he was performing there and wanted to offer her the job they had discussed as well as help her with a singing career. Dickinson says they had dinner in Lake Tahoe, and claims that he gave her a glass of red wine and a pill, which she asked for because she was menstruating and had stomach pains.
“The next morning I woke up, and I wasn't wearing my pajamas, and I remember before I passed out that I had been sexually assaulted by this man,” she tells ET. “... Before I woke up in the morning, the last thing I remember was Bill Cosby in a patchwork robe, dropping his robe and getting on top of me. And I remember a lot of pain. The next morning I remember waking up with my pajamas off and there was semen in between my legs."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/11/18/model_janice_dickinson_says_bill_cosby_sexually_assaulted_her.html

Yikes. Rings true though.
FOUND SOUL

Wed 19 Nov, 2014 03:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yikes. Just saw that on face-book and went to come over to post it Smile

Beat me to it. When people of clout so to speak come out, you have to wonder and also wonder why they kept it to themselves for so long.
hawkeye10

Wed 19 Nov, 2014 03:56 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Think about it...Cosby in credited with saving a network and he has made a lot of people a ton of money, Dickinson is by comparison a small time hustler and self promoter with a known history of addictions and telling outrageous tales. In a he said/she said she was in no position to win.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 19 Nov, 2014 04:54 pm
@CalamityJane,
Im sorta the same. His humor was good , I enjoyed it< but his views on art were kinda thuggish, like Steve Martin "If you don't agree with me about art, youre an idiot", Cosbt carried that to a "preachy level" both about art AND his views on morality etc.

Gagged me.

When I was a kid he was a sorta "wise guy" when he was in "I Spy"with
Robert Culp

I wonder if we shall see "party wars" on this on. Limbaugh has started to support Cosby as a victim.
0 Replies