FOOD NAZI'S SUFFER STUNNING DEFEAT!

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 11:26 pm
Quote:
A law banning the sale of foie gras in California was overturned Wednesday by a federal judge, paving the way for the item to return to restaurant menus in the state.

California Senate Bill No. 1520, which was signed into law in September 2004 and went into effect in July 2012, banned the sale of any product made by “force feeding a bird for the purpose of enlarging the bird’s liver beyond normal size.”

U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson ruled that the law interfered with federal regulations that govern poultry products. Wilson made the ruling when hearing a lawsuit filed on behalf of foie gras producer Hudson Valley Foie Gras of Ferndale, N.Y., as well as another foie gras producer and restaurateurs.

http://nrn.com/government/california-foie-gras-ban-overturned

Today is a great day!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 12,934 • Replies: 87

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 12:34 am
@hawkeye10,
The law is the law I suppose, and obviously the vile trade in foie gras needs to be wiped out through education. Seeing as we're talking America here, that won't happen anytime soon.

Have you ever watched geese getting force fed?

No, probably not.

I personally wouldn't touch the stuff with a bargepole. Nothing to do with being a "liberal" or whatever else you want to throw at me to score points.

I just think that if an animal is being raised for slaughter, it should at least have the most natural life possible whilst on this earth. Free from cruelty rates high in my list of requirements.
NSFW (view)
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 12:52 am
I notice Hawk again as usual manages to work every thing around to an anti-woman diatribe somehow. Women have a choice. A goose doesn't. And what they do to geese is inhumane, no way around it. Kinda waterboarding but with food instead of water.
NSFW (view)
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 12:55 am
@hawkeye10,
Still starting threads in order to point score, I see.

I've said my piece. I think it is barbaric. My opinion.

Stuff your face with glee, but all I ask is that you watch a force feeding first.

Being as you are you won't take a blind bit of notice, but hey, at least I said my piece.

Hopefully, someone may read this who didn't really think too much about what horror went into making foie gras possible, and goes away to investigate.
If that person then stops eating it and lets others know, the trade will gradually diminish and hopefully, one day die.

Happy point scoring.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 12:58 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Being as you are you won't take a blind bit of notice, but hey, at least I said my piece.
And since we know that you refuse to even begin to support your opinion your opinion will never be more than an opinion, and it frankly is not worth very much.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:00 am
@hawkeye10,
I have supported my opinion by expressing it, idiot.

What do you want me to do? Log out and log back in again to repeat the post?
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:08 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

I notice Hawk again as usual manages to work every thing around to an anti-woman diatribe somehow. Women have a choice. A goose doesn't. And what they do to geese is inhumane, no way around it. Kinda waterboarding but with food instead of water.

This is why I don't go beyond three or four reply posts on one of his threads, as he goes completely ga ga in trying to fight his corner and it ends up with everyone scratching their heads and thinking WTF?

It's a good a use of my time as the proverbial teaching a pig to sing.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:21 am
@hawkeye10,
Try getting a little bit of education in neuroanatomy, hawk. The wiring for pain, fear, and pleasure is analagous across a pretty wide swath of the animal kingdom, and that includes us. If we feel pain, other animals will too in similar circumstances. Want some actual evidence? Try this.
Think it's an isolated case? Try some of the other many videos that appear on the right of the clip.
Lordyaswas nailed it.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:25 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Try getting a little bit of education in neuroanatomy, hawk. The wiring for pain, fear, and pleasure is analagous across a pretty wide swath of the animal kingdom, and that includes us. If we feel pain, other animals will too in similar circumstances.

do you have some science that shows a blood pressure increase during feeding? That might mean something. At least it would be evidence.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:29 am
BYT this now means that the CA law demanding that layers get double space accommodations is likely in big trouble.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:29 am
@hawkeye10,

Now then, who's the food 'Nazi' here? By the way another example of you trivializing Nazis.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
My people are farmers way back, dont think that video of factory farming counts as evidence that farming fat delicious duck liver is unacceptably cruel with me.

You have I take it no science, only emotional appeals based upon some misplaced notion that food animals should be treated as if they are human.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:44 am
@hawkeye10,
Jackass, there's hardly anyone our age that isn't more than two generations away from the farm. We used to go back to my grandparents farm every fallto cull chickens for the winter, butcher a steer or older cow and a hog or two.

One thing I never on that or my great grandmothers farm was cruelty to animals. And force feeding is cruel and so is cage raising chickens and confining hogs.

But then again maybe you project your BDSM lifestyle onto animals. And thats plain sick.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
And force feeding is cruel and so is cage raising chickens and confining hogs.
Well then if we have to be cruel to other lifeforms to get by then so be it I say. I am however not accepting your assertions which come without any argument or proof from you as being a fair representation of reality. The need for this hyper emotionalism that we see from many on this subject is pretty good evidence that none exists. Just as when we see women cry to get what they want because they dont have a single reasonable argument that will work to get it I think was are seeing all emotion and no argument from the bad fat duck livers BECAUSE there is no argument.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:59 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/94d6e49b3faf274776bc415025a03952.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 02:08 am
@FBM,
I want the good beings to fulfill their mission in the universe. In the case of ducks it is mostly to provide me and other humans delicious meat and fat. I want to encourage this fulfillment.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 02:21 am
@hawkeye10,
But do you want to be unneccesarily cruel to it in order to get that meat and fat?

Keep it up, Hawk, because the more you promote this thread, the more someone ignorant of this subject may be attracted to it and see the cruelty for themselves.

If just one person vows never to buy foie gras again, I will be a happy bunny.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 02:36 am
@hawkeye10,
I tell you what. I shall come back and bump this a few times when America has woken up, because it's mainly European viewing at the moment and not many know about this site.

Laters,,,,,