cicerone imposter

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 01:46 pm
@firefly,
It's too bad the charges came so late.
firefly

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 02:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I definitely agree about that.

At least some of the women he abused can now feel they were finally listened to, and finally heard and believed.
cicerone imposter

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 03:04 pm
@firefly,
It seems many sexual assault victims have waited based on past history, that they were not believed and belittled when they did report it. The numbers of convictions vs the numbers reported just didn't add up. https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system
coldjoint

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 09:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
that they were not believed and belittled

Are you talking about Jaunita Broderick? I am surprised the judge was not called racist for sentencing Cosby.
firefly

Thu 27 Sep, 2018 06:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Actually, Cosby's spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, called both his conviction and sentencing, and really the entire justice system involved, "racist" and "sexist". Guess that includes the judge.
firefly

Fri 28 Sep, 2018 11:06 am
Well, Cosby's week isn't getting any better.

Now he's being sued for about $283,000, by a law firm, for unpaid legal bills.

And, now that he is in a maximum security state prison, he has been given Jello as one of his desserts. Chocolate pudding is also on the menu Rolling Eyes
coldjoint

Fri 28 Sep, 2018 11:14 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Actually, Cosby's spokesperson,

I am waiting to hear from a Clinton spokesman when Bill goes to jail.
firefly

Fri 28 Sep, 2018 01:04 pm
@coldjoint,
Keep waiting Laughing Laughing Laughing
coldjoint

Fri 28 Sep, 2018 01:12 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Keep waiting Laughing Laughing Laughing

So rape is hilarious. Do you think before you post?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:03 pm
@firefly,
Just to double check, I found this. https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/category/spoken-word-kywtv/3942762-cosby-sued-for-282000-in-legal-fees-by-philly-based-law-firm/
Bill Cosby is worth $400 million. $282,000 is peanuts for him.
coldjoint

Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Bill Cosby is worth $400 million. $282,000 is peanuts for him.

What are they going to do throw him in jail?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 29 Sep, 2018 03:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I note a can of worms opening now, with others from 30 years ago going on the he said she said and let's go get him!

On another note, Bill Cosby's walk of fame apparently will remain.
firefly

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 04:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Cosby was convicted of a sexual assault that ocurred about 14 years ago (not 30), which is why it was still within the statute of limitations. And a jury decided the outcome based on all the evidence. I think he got a fair deal.

Because a crime ocurred 30 years ago does not make it any less of a crime, it may just be harder to prove or substantiate. But there are many reasons someone does not report or reveal what took place much sooner.

The situation with Brett Kavanaugh, the nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, did occur over 30 years ago, but the accusation made against him does reflect on his character, and honesty, and it does seem appropriate
to reveal, given the position he is seeking. I don't think this is a case of
"let's go get him"--his accuser seems quite credible.

I'm not sure I see the same "can of worms" that you do. I think more men and women are suddenly feeling empowered to come forward and reveal past sexual assaults, and I think more people are listening to them and taking them seriously. But, those they accuse, can sue them for slander, or libel, or defamation of character, if they feel these assertions are false.
ehBeth

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 08:21 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
The situation with Brett Kavanaugh, the nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, did occur over 30 years ago,

at least one of the accusations against Kavanaugh is in a state with no limitation period. things are changing for everyone.
cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 12:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Kavanaugh's record of lying to the Senate should disqualify him to be a judge. Any judge.
Sturgis

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 04:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That and his overly emotional behavior. If it's real emotion, he does not have the qualities needed to stay focused and even. If it was theatrics, then it's more dishonesty.. Either way, Kavanaugh needs to step aside.
coldjoint

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 07:21 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
he does not have the qualities needed to stay focused and even.

So you think someone may attack his credibility and slander him when he is a Justice? His record is spotless and his anger was more than justified. He is a man. If that bothers you I don't know what to tell you.
cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 08:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
His record is spotless
except many people now know Kavanaugh lied to the Senate, an impeachable offense. He has also shown his inability to control his emotions; a negative aspect for any judge. He has also denigrated the Democratic Party which proves his inability to separate his beliefs, and how he will decide on cases. All judges have a duty to leave their politics aside to provide equal justice under our laws.
coldjoint

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 08:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
except many people now know Kavanaugh lied

Who?
glitterbag

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 09:14 pm
@coldjoint,
everyone who has brain cells that can hold hands to figure things out.