Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 11:39 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Quote:
Cosby has been till now a darling of the feminists, both for the approach he took with his art but also for his charity work in support of women, especially at univerity. His lobbying to get black men to stand up and help out was also seen as being in support of women, because then black women would not need to raise the kids all alone.

I haven't seen any evidence of this. Especially when it's no secret that what feminists really want is men out of the picture so that they can drain men's money through alimony/child support via the state. Effectively having a man's resources while throwing their men into poverty. Because **** men. Men are subhuman.

A large number of these men dont have any money to pay, they dont have johs. Ending welfare as we know it incentivized black women sending men packing though, they get more from the state for being single parents than they could from the men.the men dont have jobs for 4 main reasons:
1) they are poorly educated
2) the number of factory jobs for poorly educated people are in steep decline
3) the men have checked out from society, are not interested in contributing
4) we are long past the days where nixon was able to convinnce corporate america to hire black men even though they were not qualified and did not do enough quality work to earn their keep as a service to the collective
To keep the rioting down. The corporate class no longer fears black men burning everything down, so the charity job are over.
glitterbag

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 12:01 am
@hawkeye10,
Well, I was impressed by your remarks, then it occurred to me that nononono will think you a turncoat. Hope young grasshopper doesn't take it too hard, it's important for younger people to realize adults can agree even if they are not mutual fans. He desperately needs adult male role models. I can't lie, you're the last guy in the world I thought would stand up, still not sure it's a great idea, but, it's terrific an older male attempts to help our little pissy pants.

Younger folks could do so much better if adults took an interest. It's not easy getting established as an adult.

It might help him if he understands that even people who are not great buddies, will agree on principles, but argue about almost everything else.
hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 12:13 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Well, I was impressed by your remarks, then it occurred to me that nononono will think you a turncoat.
I am not married to any ideology, I follow the truth where ever it goes. I will walk with anyone who is going my way, almost without exception, and dont bother giving me grief for walking with known sinners, we are all sinners, it is not especially likely that I am better than they are and I am not a stuck up asshole.

Quote:
It might help him if he understands that even people who are not great buddies, will agree on principles, but argue about almost everything else.
I dont agree with this entire premise. I make an active effort to cultivate friendships or strike up conversations with people who dont agree with me.. It is a tough go though as I tend to end up with people like me, idealistic libertarians or like minded liberals, who work hard and live by a code. To get other kinds of people in my life I have to work at it, and I do, because I would be bored to tears otherwise. This is the major reason I stayed at A2K after coming here for some relationship advice. My wife had just blown through $25K of credit in a year, and for the first time I was considering ending the marriage, this is 20 years after her Childhood sexual abuse instigated issues had caused all kinds of hell in our marriage. I loved that A2K at the time even more than now told it like it is, I was going to get no bullshit , I loved that. A bunch of ladies helped me, and I am forever grateful. A few of them ended up hating my guts but that is another story. But at the time we had a wide variety of people from all over the world, who were anti bullshit, mostly smart, and did not **** around on nonsense. I miss that A2K, a lot.

EDIT: this last line does not fit because a massively changed this post but I will leave it.

I have to live hard, and when the body gives out then so be it.....every last minute before that will see me going full bore.
hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 12:57 am
@hawkeye10,
Point of order: Is this Beverly Johnson anyone special? She seems to be a long in the tooth D list actress with a hair extentions marketing deal. The " Journalists" have much more inflated descriptions.
glitterbag

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 01:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Yes, Beverly Johnson was a super model in the 1970's and became the African American model to appear on the Cover of Vouge. Now, appearing in vogue or modeling was jot was I pursued, but at the time there were some truly gorgeous women featured on the cover of Vogue. Johnson started as a model and in 1984 as her modeling career waned, her marriage was dissolving and her legal fees were very high, she attempted some cross over work and was offered a bit part on Cosby's Huxtable family fantasy. You can read the details on line, she was drugged but thinks she fought back enough until he dragged her down the stairs and tossed her in a cab.

You claim that sexual abuse nearly destroyed your wife and your marriage. So you really do understand how humiliating and damaging rape is for the victim. All these unknown women accusing Cosby is something I wish is not true. But it doesn't look good. Especially now that Beverly Johnson released her story in Vanity Fair. This doesn't help her, but there will be ramifications for her. Bad if she lied, unbearable if she told the truth.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 02:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
I know you stated that using drugs was common back then and I won't disagree and haven't.

But Cosby isn't the only one who "took".. FF put one up on the rape thread and I found another one, recent that I put up. Wanted to put it here but it seemed to fit there.

Same story, drugged, clothes in disarray, offered a drink..

And not being rude, but I truly found that guy "ugly"...

As for asking for help and receiving from A2K, pretty good place for that huh, as for staying and what people think once we start talking, pretty normal hey.

As for intelligence it breads various discussions and that's one thing I love about A2K, together with the "characters" that I would class as real and in some cases "friends", that make me smile, laugh and yeah on occasions, makes me want to "smack someone"...just lightly....

hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 03:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
A 2009 study by the Canadian Medical Journal found that 21 per cent of reported sexual assaults involved date-rape drugs, up from 12 per cent in 2003.

The study screened 882 women over the age of 16 who had been sexually assaulted. 21 per cent, or one in five, believed they were intentionally drugged prior to being sexually assaulted.

However, of the substances found in the women's systems, "very few of those were what people classically refer to as date-rape drugs," says Janice Du Mont, an associate professor at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto and the lead author of the study.

"We found only one case of GHB, no rohypnol, a couple of cases of ketamine.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/date-rape-drugs-may-not-be-as-prevalent-as-you-think-1.2822352

I am guessing that "intentionally drugged" includes " go on, have another drink"

Anyways, date rape drugs are very rare, and I dont think it was ever common. What was common is spiking punch with alcohol and stuff sold under the name "spanish fly" of "pheromones" that were supposed to get women hot and bothered and not knock them out but which probably did nothing. What I said was that spiking drinks to get women ready for fun sex was back in the 70's where I lived not a strict no-no. It was done, and it sometimes worked. Bartenders (to include women) would help out "I need a screaming orgasm for the lady, and make it extra strong" would get a shot of vodka added. Maybe the woman knew what was in her drink, maybe not.]

What Cosby is accused of doing was never OK where I come from, and I never knew any guys who wanted to have sex with a passed out girl, or nearly so. We just wanted to loosen them up, we were after drunk fun sex.
jcboy

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:15 pm
Bill Cosby has/had a problem, he is a rapist IMO and his method of choice was drugging women so he didn't have to be violent and restrain them, how lazy and easy for him, but be clear here, a rape is a rape whether it was violent or not and I have no doubt that each one of these women are telling the truth to suggest otherwise at this point is testament to backwardsassedness.
hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:22 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I have no doubt that each one of these women are telling the truth to suggest otherwise at this point is testament to backwardsassedness.

Killing each other based upon unproven allegations is how we used to do it. Then we had courts that demanded facts and followed processes and afforded the accused rights...AKA demanded justice. That was an improvement. Now we are supposed to assume that the one claiming to have been violated is telling the truth. that is a return to backwardsassedness.

We used to be better.
jcboy

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

jcboy wrote:

I have no doubt that each one of these women are telling the truth to suggest otherwise at this point is testament to backwardsassedness.

Now we are supposed to assume that the one claiming to have been violated is telling the truth. that is a return to backwardsassedness.

If only it were only one, seems to be more and more each each day. Are they all liars?
hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:49 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
If only it were only one, seems to be more and more each each day. Are they all liars?
I have no idea. When and if one woman proves that she was abused by Cosby I will be more willing to believe the stories. I started out at 90/10 that cosby is a very bad guy, but I am down to 70/30 because his friends and family are sticking with him and not a single charge has come with anything that I could consider proof. More women telling stories does not move the ball for me.

Are we really to believe that if he did it not a single person has cosby taped making an admission? THis is highly doubtful. THe longer we go with no proof the less I believe any of the stories.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am guessing that "intentionally drugged" includes " go on, have another drink"

jaysus murphy, did you not bother reading the article past your selective edit?
hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:09 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

jaysus murphy, did you not bother reading the article past your selective edit?

"believed they were intentionally drugged " is exceptionally vague. I did not see a link to the study to see if the authors do any better.
0 Replies

nononono

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:19 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I have no doubt that each one of these women are telling the truth

Based on what? The simple fact that they said so?
hawkeye10

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:36 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Quote:
I have no doubt that each one of these women are telling the truth

Based on what? The simple fact that they said so?

Even when we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there actually was a hurricane that does not mean that everyone who files a claim with FEMA suffered damages. With Cosby we dont know that he sexually assaulted anyone. If I come to know that he assaulted one then I will take the rest of the claims more seriously, because I know something about how sexual predators tend to operate.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 01:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Even when we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there actually was a hurricane that does not mean that everyone who files a claim with FEMA suffered damages. With Cosby we dont know that he sexually assaulted anyone. If I come to know that he assaulted one then I will take the rest of the claims more seriously, because I know something about how sexual predators tend to operate.

So a mistress of 4 years who was consensual poses the question in her mind and voices same." Why did he need to drug me? " ...

And how do sexual predators operator Hawkeye?
hawkeye10

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 01:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
If he did it I understand it, me who very long ago took an intense interest in sexual transgression. But the point remains that I dont know that he ever has.

I am still at 70/30, nothing has changed in over a week.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:03 pm
Answer to the question why would these women lie:

1) He left them not happy about how their interactions went, most likely because of his enormous ego, and they want retribution even though he did not sexually violate them

2) "he did not assault me, but I need to help my sisters who he did assault"...but they assume incorrectly that he ever assaulted anyone.

I am thinking that it is 70/30 that at least some of these women are telling the truth, which ones IDK.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
There is always going to be the tagger on that sees money.

Given he paid $750 a week, to his mistress of only a few months before she fell pregnant towards a possible daughter, I find it weird that the "daughter" later in life decides to request $40 million out of him... Request being a nice word.

I find it weird as well that his daughter was into drugs and he ratted on her at the time the first allegations came forth, take the attention away from him. That he preached about drugs and alcohol and how bad they were. Yet, according to the below article, drank and smoked weed to start with..

He appears to be hypocritical.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2848073/The-one-woman-Bill-Cosby-admits-cheated-says-drugged-raped-got-PREGNANT.html
hawkeye10

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 03:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

Slightly possible, but not likely. This looks like a stretch from a person that does not want to believe that Cosby would rather rape her than have consensual sex.

Cosby smoked pot? Maybe, but I think he liked to keep his head clear. He is about ego, manipulating people, seeing things that others miss, welding power, getting laughs, and yes he wanted to be a shepherd of black culture. ...a cloudy head gets in the way of what he wants to do.
0 Replies