Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 11:29 am
And would it matter?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/politics/christie-bridge/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I cant figure out why anyone cares what he knew when, because we know for 100% sure that his people were doing what they knew he would want, so we know what kind of a guy Christie is. He certainly should be removed from consideration for the POTUS chair.....can you imagine what would happen if this guy were in charge of the NSA?

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 31 • Views: 36,845 • Replies: 773

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 02:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
There is a theory that the underlings that did it, actually were working for the GOP nat committee and were trying to ferment this hoohaw.

Id rather he be the candidate than some right wing ,take-no-prisoners ideologue who appeals to a small base of idiots who only represent a small bunch of very wealthy jagoffs.

Hey, its New Jersey, what do you expect?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 04:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

There is a theory that the underlings that did it, actually were working for the GOP nat committee and were trying to ferment this hoohaw.

Id rather he be the candidate than some right wing ,take-no-prisoners ideologue who appeals to a small base of idiots who only represent a small bunch of very wealthy jagoffs.

the Christie should be disqualified because he hires the wrong people. either way his national ambitions should be over.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 04:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the Christie should be disqualified because he hires the wrong people.
If that were a criterion , it would disqualify most politicians in the country.
The theater that follows will be interesting during these cold winter evenings. New Jersey is a funny state, I think its the toxic chemicals in the air and water
maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Quite the contrary Farmerman. I want the Republican nominee to be the most radical right wing, take-no-prisoners idealogue who appeals to the smallest possble base of idiots or wealthy jagoffs.

Fortunately, most of the potential Republican candidates (other than Christie) will do just fine.

Advocate

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:08 pm
I'm not an expert on Christie matters. However, I have concluded that he has bad judgement relative what is good for the people of NJ and the USA, is a bully, and is someone who should not be on the federal scene.

I was impressed with his near two-hour performance today, proclaiming somehow that he is as pure as the fresh-driven snow, and that fault lies with a handful of aides, who he fired. I am hoping that one of the aides ties Christie to bridgegate, but think all the aides will take the fifth. Wildstein already has done this.

Someone will probably get immunity for talking, and that could be the end of Christie.

BTW, even though Christie claimed he knew nothing until yesterday morning, he earlier said that he had two sleepless nights. Hmmmmmmmmmm!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@maxdancona,
There is the option that I see as the best one for me (not saying youre wrong). You are really preaching party politics and are seeking a really unattractive GOP candidate so that the DEM can win. I'd rather have a choice between two GOOD candidates and not have to settle for this extreme partisanshit.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:15 pm
So where do aides get an idea like that? Surely from their boss ranting and raving about some SOB that doesn't cowtow to him, ala Tricky Dickie.

How much do you want to bet that all this was going to be revealed and he decided to apologize first.

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:31 pm
Christie has always reminded me of some of the governors we have had in Illinois. I am not surprised about this controversy.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:46 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:46 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
the Christie should be disqualified because he hires the wrong people.
If that were a criterion , it would disqualify most politicians in the country.
The theater that follows will be interesting during these cold winter evenings. New Jersey is a funny state, I think its the toxic chemicals in the air and water
[/size]

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 07:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I'd rather have a choice between two GOOD candidates and not have to settle for this extreme partisanshit.

You do have a choice between good candidates... in the Democratic primaries. In this poltical system and this political climate there will never be a real choice in the general election.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 09:56 pm
@wandeljw,
We have had governors in Illinois? When? Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 10:04 pm
There is a huge difference between being guilty of hiring people who turn out to be bad and giving the order to shut down a bridge to punish a political enemy. The guy should be punished in proportion to his offense.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 11:09 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
“It seems to me that this whole bridge thing reinforces a narrative that’s troublesome about the guy, he’s kind of a bully,” Graham told NBC News on Thursday on Capitol Hill, referring to the scandal over land closures on the George Washington Bridge that’s engulfed Christie over the past two days…

“If anybody in my office had done such a thing, they knew what their fate would be cause I’m not that kind a guy,” Graham said. “I just don’t see how people that close to him could have felt comfortable enough to do this if they thought their boss wasn’t of this mindset. Isn’t that just common sense?”

lindsey graham

this tracks my thinking...I care not at all if an order was given or not.
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Quite the contrary Farmerman. I want the Republican nominee to be the most radical right wing, take-no-prisoners idealogue who appeals to the smallest possble base of idiots or wealthy jagoffs.
Fortunately, most of the potential Republican candidates (other than Christie) will do just fine.

Keep in mind that, in the wake of Obama's gun control debacle, the election of a Republican president in 2016 is a virtual certainty.

I like Jeb. The Bush family is always a safe and reliable choice.

However, Mr. Christie did veto that outrageous attempt to ban .50 BMG rifles. That's worthy of support.
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:16 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
can you imagine what would happen if this guy were in charge of the NSA?

There are positives to having such a leader. Imagine his reaction to the way India is acting about their supposed diplomat.

If it were my call, India would be watching You-Tube videos right now showing live coverage of the Indian ambassador dangling upside down, chained by his ankles to a ceiling at Guantanamo.

I imagine Mr. Christie would be more diplomatic than my idea (diplomacy isn't really my thing). But I bet he would put India in their place, and keep them there.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:25 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
in the wake of Obama's gun control debacle, the election of a Republican president in 2016 is a virtual certainty.

I agree, with the exception that the GOP choose some fundamentalist uber conservative "Appeal to the radical base" candidate, then itd be a good horse race.
In that respect, Id welcome Christie's nomination. Unless he is followed by all this sort of crap for 2 more years, he can handily win the White House IMHO.
There will always be the base of Dems that wont vote for anyone who doesn't bleed over every teeny social issue.
The conservative base of the GOP hates Christie because hes a mid-Atlantic RINO.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:01 am
@hawkeye10,
Maybe, but it is the way he handled it when they got caught.

Want to compare the I DID NOT KNOW theory to the way Obama handled Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS et al..???
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:10 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Keep in mind that, in the wake of Obama's gun control debacle, the election of a Republican president in 2016 is a virtual certainty.

I think you are deluded. The words "gun control debacle" don't mean a thing to 70% of American voters. This isn't even on the radar for most of us. More importantly, this isn't changing anyones mind... the voters who care about the "gun control debacle" aren't going to vote for the Democratic nominee under any circumstances anyway.

In blunt terms of political strategy, this is a non-issue.

The 2016 election will be about things that the majority of us think are critical; healthcare, immigration and women. As long as Americans care about these issues the most (and it is clear from that we do care about these issues the most) the Republicans will remain a broken brand.