Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:05 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

A couple of things everyone should know by now in this climate of political scandals, real or hyped, the more you deny a thing the worse it looks and saying the other guy did it too never works out well.

Example: "I am not a crook." and "I am not a bully"

Let's not forget "I was not born in Kenya".

(See the double standard at work here?)
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:10 pm
@revelette,
another thing: the scandals that have legs tend to be the ones that reaffirm what we already thought we knew. There has been a perception that Christie is a dick, he is a politician so we assume that makes him a dishonest prick, and this thing points to that. This is a much bigger problem post Snowden (NSA in the wrong hands would nuke what remains of our freedom) but it was always going to be a problem since a few years ago when anti bullying hysteria picked up. I personally think that bullying serves a useful purpose, I am not on the anti bulling bandwagon, but voters increasingly are.
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:31 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
However, Mr. Christie did veto that outrageous attempt to ban .50 BMG rifles. That's worthy of support.

A few hours on the bridge in school buses vs. you losing your precious toys. Yeah, I can see your choice.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I personally think that bullying serves a useful purpose, I am not on the anti bulling bandwagon, but voters increasingly are.

I take it you have never been on the receiving end. I am glad bullying has been become a topic of political conversation so I guess I am on the bandwagon.

In any case, I agree on the perception of Christie.
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Obviously, you don't drive the GWB. It's just a bunch of Yankee liberals anyway. The lefty media probably made it up.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
They were trying to please Christie...and except that they got caught...that is exactly what they would have done. Please Christie.

Good synopsis Frank.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:58 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Quote:
I personally think that bullying serves a useful purpose, I am not on the anti bulling bandwagon, but voters increasingly are.

I take it you have never been on the receiving end. I am glad bullying has been become a topic of political conversation so I guess I am on the bandwagon.

In any case, I agree on the perception of Christie.

actually I was badly bullied as a kid, but it was useful, it toughened me up and I was forced to learn how to deal with people. I think my childhood prepared me for the success that I have experienced in adulthood.

the anti bullying hysteria is somewhat tangential to this scandal and I dont want to get bogged down in it, but it does explain part of the reason this scandal does Christie in so far as national politics go.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 02:15 pm
During his press conference, it was pretty evident that Chris was thinking more about the fridge than the bridge.

Just after the bridge incident, Chris joked about he being the guy on the bridge moving the cones. Thus, he was very conscious of this semi disaster. The question then is why didn't he then get to the bottom of the matter. From what I have seen, he made no effort to fully investigate the matter.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 02:17 pm
@Advocate,
Like Obama had FF, IRS and the NSA fully investigated?
panzade

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:16 pm
@Sturgis,
I don't think Christie knew anything; just a funny poster.
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1546115_796009600416392_232347064_n.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Maybe he mis-wrote.

Substitute "gun control" with "Obamacare"
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Of course there is.

There's also a chance that he did know, and if that's the case he just lied through his teeth to the American public. If he's caught out in it, any chance to become president will be gone.

Just look at all the grief Clinton took for point blank lying to the American public. He destroyed his legacy and no one in the country has any respect for him. The Clinton name is mud.

Er... wait a minute.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:31 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
A couple of things everyone should know by now in this climate of political scandals, real or hyped, the more you deny a thing the worse it looks and saying the other guy did it too never works out well.

Example: "I am not a crook." and "I am not a bully"

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

- figured we might want to put in a balance and get someone from the other side of the aisle growing a larger nose-
maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sure Finn, Obamacare could be an interesting part of the 2016 race. I agree that there is leverage there for a Republican candidate (certainly more than in gun control), although it didn't work so well in 2012.

I am not too worried about 2016 at this point... but we both know that realistically there is a long time until the 2016 election.

What happens if Obamacare starts to become a popular program?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
I wonder if Graham is thinking of running in 2016?

He sure isn't going to support a Tea Party backed candidate.

There is two years to go. Unless there is some meat on the bone, this will blow over.

Of course the press will do it's best to keep it alive.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Like Obama had FF, IRS and the NSA fully investigated?

The first two were nothingburgers, and there were full-fledged congressional committees looking into these matters.

Regarding NSA, he should have dumped the two in charge. As you know, there is a committee in congress looking into the agency.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Of course there is.

There's also a chance that he did know, and if that's the case he just lied through his teeth to the American public. If he's caught out in it, any chance to become president will be gone.

Just look at all the grief Clinton took for point blank lying to the American public. He destroyed his legacy and no one in the country has any respect for him. The Clinton name is mud.

Er... wait a minute.

Regardless of Christie's involvement, don't count him out.

Nixon had the full support of the Reps and much of the public up to his resignation. And this was despite absolute evidence of tremendous wrong-doing.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:43 pm
What has always frosted me is when top people say that they take full responsibility, which is what Christie did. Of course, this is empty rhetoric and leads to no action. For instance, Christie is not going to resign, accept personal monetary responsibility or criminal sanctions, etc. Further, he would fight any impeachment efforts.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:43 pm
@Advocate,
That was kind of my point
dalehileman

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Modern "leaders" seem recently to fall in this category, they just don't have the faintest idea what their underlings are doing
0 Replies