Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:38 am
I get it, you are trying to bore me. I was wondering about Christie.
oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:42 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The reality IS that Scalia did state as Advocate paraphrased. AND, that's a fact.

Not really. Advocate made a vague reference to gun control (a term that includes MANY violations of the Constitution) and said that Scalia said that such is OK.

Scalia said no such thing.

farmerman wrote:
You must learn to deal with it and embrace it as prt of HELLER.

I've never felt any need to deal with things that don't exist.
oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:49 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I was wondering about Christie.

His veto of the ban on .50 caliber sniper rifles was an outstanding defense of our nation's liberty.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:01 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I was wondering about Christie.

His veto of the ban on .50 caliber sniper rifles was an outstanding defense of our nation's liberty. Signature
The world became a more beautiful place on the day Meredith Kercher died.

This is the singular worst post I've ever seen on an a2k platform.
oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:16 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
This is the singular worst post I've ever seen on an a2k platform.

I note your usual failure to make a case that I am wrong about any fact that I've posted.

Whatever. You're evil. That you object to me posting facts.... Meh. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the horror I feel whenever I see one of your posts.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:24 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
It does not cancel facts and reality however.
The reality IS that Scalia did state as Advocate paraphrased. AND, that's a fact.
You must learn to deal with it and embrace it as prt of HELLER.
Farmer, that has NO precedential value because no such question was litigated.
It was not argued by trial counsel; no evidence was received into the record on those points.
Those issues were NOT CONSIDERED; therefore, we need not
learn to deal with it nor to embrace it.

At some future point, the issue of "equal protection of the laws"
will be heard and adjudicated.
I do not foresee that the USSC will hold that farmers,
Italians, nor young people can be the victims of government discrimination
such that thay can be screwn out of their rights to defend their lives
from predatory violence. Thus ends licensure.

The issue of uniting 2nd Amendment protection with the right to travel will be adjucated,
along with the ubiquity, the omnipresence of US Constitutional protection EVERYWHERE in America.
As the 7th US Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago put it
in Moore v. Madigan:
the place where a citizen has the right to defend himself
is the place where he is attacked.

That will be considered in future litigation by the USSC.

David
ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:47 am
@ossobuco,
That last set of sentences re the guns were not by me.

I meant to put quotes but didn't.

And on the oralloy words about Kercher, please, I didn't say any of that.
revelette2

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 09:22 am
@ossobuco,
I tried, but it seems once guns are mentioned certain folks get off on a rampage. Its kinda insane.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 09:49 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Whatever. You're evil. That you object to me posting facts.... Meh. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the horror I feel whenever I see one of your posts.

Ossobuco is not evil. She's a very nice lady.

Oralloy, your use of the word "evil" in this particular context cheapens its meaning. You can do better than that. Smile (However, I must admit that a certain frequent one-sentence expression of yours actually makes me chuckle. Smile )
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 10:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
SO, by stating that the points that Scalia ADDED to the majority opinion, because they were not the focus of the litigation, DONT EXIST??

(playing theme song from Twilight One).

Youre an ex lawyer, you don't think that Scalias USSC writing would be entered into fact should some case be forwarded?

Its a fact, please don't, as Oralloy, deny away its existence. Youre smarter than that .
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 10:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
We are aware of the problem of handgun violence in this country,” Justice Antonin Scalia wrote for the majority in the Heller decision. “But,” he added, “the enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.”

Still, the Heller decision contained a long list of laws and regulations that would, be unaffected. Among them were “laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools.”

“Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill,” Justice Scalia wrote. Government buildings in general could still ban guns. And the court said it had no quarrel with “laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

Justice Scalia added that laws banning “dangerous and unusual weapons” are “another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms.” He gave an example: “M-16 rifles and the like.”

When the case was argued in 2008, Justice Scalia suggested that other kinds of weapons and ammunition could be regulated. “I don’t know that a lot of people have machine guns or armor-piercing bullets,” he said. “I think that’s quite unusual.”

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
"Gov. Chris Christie’s administration is retaining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, a firm with 18 offices internationally, to help with an internal review into the lane closures and outside investigations that have been opened into the matter, a spokesman said."

It seems prudent to me that one doesn't hire such an impressive law firm if one doesn't have something to hide. If Christi hadn't anything whatsoever to conceal, why not allow the chips to fall where they may?! Truth be known, one or two of his top fired aides are "willing to talk if given immunity." Maybe they simply do not like being thrown under the bus by Christi.

"The GWB probe enlists legal muscle, former assistant United States Attorney Reid Schar, who is now a private attorney, was appointed special counsel to state lawmakers investigating whether Governor Christie’s top advisers orchestrated or covered up vindictive lane closures near the George Washington Bridge."

The question was asked "out of all the fine distinguished prosecutors in New Jersey, why go out of state to find Schar?" The response was we did not want to created a conflict of interest....with someone from outside, unknown to Christi and his circle, one is more likely to get an objective investigation.

I suspect by the time this investigation is over, Governor Chris Christi will be damaged goods many times over.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Former_Blagojevich_prosecutor_to_work_on_inquiry_into_GWB_controversy.html#sthash.246TalQk.dpuf http://www.northjersey.com/news/Former_Blagojevich_prosecutor_to_work_on_inquiry_into_GWB_controversy.html#sthash.246TalQk.dpuf: Respected prosecutor in Blagojevich corruption case

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

I cant figure out why anyone cares what he knew

...For the simple reason, Chris Christi's spiteful vindictive personality injected itself into governing, seeking retribution against those who oppose him; this type of behavior is anathema to an administration if found out, as well as to the staff of such a government. This culture of retribution made Christi a formidable candidate; he said over 60 Dems in leadership positions supported his candidacy for Governor, well, one cannot help wondering how much intimidation did he use to induce them to vote for such a monstrous personality....an individual who will inflict punishment if you don't do as he asks.

Most reasonable people want to see him toppled like yesterday!
Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:22 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Most reasonable people? Well we can't confuse you with a reasonable person now can we?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:38 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
It seems prudent to me that one doesn't hire such an impressive law firm if one doesn't have something to hide.

Don't mean to quibble but hiring a big law firm nowadays isn't about hiding info, it's about managing info. Big difference.

I suggest we count the number of subpoenaed individuals who plead the fifth...that'll give you an idea of Christy's problems.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:40 pm
@panzade,
Like the IRS scandal where the head of the IRS took the 5th?
panzade

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Yeah...still pisses me off that Lois Lerner took the fifth.
Anybody that works for the government and takes the fifth should be fired...no questions asked.
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:50 pm
@panzade,
Y
Quote:
eah...still pisses me off that Lois Lerner took the fifth.
Anybody that works for the government and takes the fifth should be fired...no questions asked

I understand both your feelings and thinking however it would be very very bad to punish anyone for exercising his or her constitutional rights and the courts would likely not stand for it either.
panzade

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:57 pm
@BillRM,
The need for transparency trumps the need for protecting government workers rights. Otherwise you might as well be running a banana republic:

"Si senor, we are unable to comment on that at this time"
"Please follow El Sargento to your jail cell."
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 02:45 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
The need for transparency trumps the need for protecting government workers rights. Otherwise you might as well be running a banana republic:

Well I would then suggest changing the constitution to allowed the trumping of government employees constitutional rights by the public need of transparency.

As it stand now the fourth amendment cover everyone no matter who they work for.

Footnote if the government feel that they need the testimony of those government employees they can grain them by just granting immunity to them.