Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
When is the last time the party controlling the White House passed zero legislation for six straight years, and the voters kept that party in charge of the White House?

Nobody cares, because America is suffering from a lack of leadership and the D/R blame game has lost its ability to divert our attention from this truth. If the R's want the White House they best come up with some ideas on how to move America forwards. Same for the D's. SO far nothing of value is coming out of Washington, from either party.

I disagree. Not having passed any legislation for six straight years will always be catastrophic for a party in charge of the White House.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:50 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
All due respect...I look at it as the GOP being a blocking agent of a do-nothing legislative branch...how can you blame Obama?

Because he is the one who had a ton of political capital that could have been used to push a legislative agenda in his second term, and he is the one who fruitlessly squandered every last bit of that political capital without achieving anything.

Again:
Obama had a huge amount of political capital at the beginning of his second term, and he could have used it to get Congress to pass a major program. Maybe environmental legislation; maybe something else. Having done that, he would have had momentum to get a slightly smaller program passed. Maybe immigration reform. Maybe he could have gotten Congress to balance the budget. And with those victories under his belt, he would have had momentum to push through a few pieces of minor legislation.

But instead, Obama wasted every last bit of his political capital ranting futilely against the indomitable might of the NRA. Now he has no political capital with which he can achieve anything, and no momentum with which he can achieve anything.
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:51 pm
@oralloy,
I can't believe you're so ignorant that you get the executive and legislative branches confused...and I'm not saying that with disrespect. I've seen you in some intelligent debates.
This is just not one of them
http://farleftside.com/misc/2013/do-nothing-congress.gif
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:53 pm
@panzade,
The R's claim that we have too many laws, that government needs to get out of the way. Not passing new laws, not making the "Problem" worse, is a win according to them.

You really are clueless.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Obama miscalculated, again..... this is all about Obama's failings not the D's in general.

It was certainly his decision to blow every last bit of his political capital trying to mount a charge against an unassailable NRA position, but that won't stop the consequences from dragging down the Democrats in 2016.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Did you see where Gates says that Biden has a solid record of being wrong 100% of the time?

I heard the some of the publicity about it, but haven't read the book.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:58 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Not having passed any legislation for six straight years will always be catastrophic for a party in charge of the White House.

Not when there are many who want government smaller, want government to do less.

Not when there are many who can see that America is divided, and thus realize that Washington can not do much until and unless Americans come to some consensus as to what we want, and more importantly what we are willing to pay for.
panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 03:59 pm
Oralloy must be an Old White Man living off his stock dividends. The disconnect is awe-inspiring
http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/20120412-92percent-tpmchart.jpg
December 08 is when I lost my job. March 2010 is when I lost my part time job.
Sept 2011 is when my savings ran out and I applied for food stamps.

I gotta ask you Oralloy:"Do you really give a **** about anybody but your immediate household?
For Christ's sakes , have a little compassion for the poor and the jobless...can you?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 04:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It was certainly his decision to blow every last bit of his political capital trying to mount a charge against an unassailable NRA position, but that won't stop the consequences from dragging down the Democrats in 2016.

no, because D's were not ever much for the fight, and only urban D's are in favor of stronger gun laws at all. THis was all Obama, and yes the drive was typical Obama idiocy, but the D's were not tarred because of it.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 04:04 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
I can't believe you're so ignorant that you get the executive and legislative branches confused...and I'm not saying that with disrespect. I've seen you in some intelligent debates.
This is just not one of them

I have not confused any branches of government. Obama had a ton of political capital after being reelected in 2012. Had he used that political capital to push legislation through Congress, the Democrats would be in a much different position right now.

It was his choice to futilely waste all of his political capital attacking the NRA.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 04:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Not when there are many who want government smaller, want government to do less.

I doubt small-government conservatives are going to give the Democrats much credit for Obama's failure to get legislation passed through Congress.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Not when there are many who can see that America is divided, and thus realize that Washington can not do much until and unless Americans come to some consensus as to what we want, and more importantly what we are willing to pay for.

Anyone who is tired of the government not achieving anything, and blames divided government for that lack of achievement, is going to be inclined to switch which party controls the White House.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 04:20 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Oralloy must be an Old White Man living off his stock dividends. The disconnect is awe-inspiring

What disconnect?

Did Obama waste every last bit of his political capital in a fruitless attack against the NRA or didn't he?

Has Obama been able to push anything through Congress in the absence of that political capital or hasn't he?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
oralloy wrote:

no, because D's were not ever much for the fight, and only urban D's are in favor of stronger gun laws at all. THis was all Obama, and yes the drive was typical Obama idiocy, but the D's were not tarred because of it.

I agree that the decision to waste all of his political capital fighting with the NRA was his own.

But that doesn't mean that the resulting lack of legislative achievements isn't going to harm the entire Democratic Party.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
But that doesn't mean that the resulting lack of legislative achievements isn't going to harm the entire Democratic Party.

your only explanation as to why is " this is how it always goes", ignoring that these are not normal times. We are 7 years into a economic crisis that has blasted a hole through the American Dream, Washington has ground to a near halt and is populated almost exclusively with corrupt incompetents who spend most of their time on political games rather than the nations business, and we have lost most of the respect we once were shown by the rest of the world....do you not understand this?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:26 pm
@panzade,
I've got your back. Well, not monetarily, but re the rest of it.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
your only explanation as to why is " this is how it always goes", ignoring that these are not normal times. We are 7 years into a economic crisis that has blasted a hole through the American Dream, Washington has ground to a near halt and is populated almost exclusively with corrupt incompetents who spend most of their time on political games rather than the nations business, and we have lost most of the respect we once were shown by the rest of the world....do you not understand this?

anon.., My response.:
I understand.

But [you] need to understand these are [hard times]. Difficult as hell. As I think to myself you have no ******* idea.

Or should I understand ((that)) [you will never understand].

<<You. must be. a "happy go lucky" kind of person.>>
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Ossobuco. What are you, playing with me?

Yes. Your car without a doubt goes faster than the car I've never owned.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobucco wrote:
Quote:
I've got your back. Well, not monetarily, but re the rest of it.

anon wrote:
How uncommon of you to agree. You're not the scary type.
Advocate

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:35 pm
@anonymously99,
People here rarely agree with anything. Someone even took issue with me on whether Guido rings doorbells.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:42 pm
@Advocate,
If Guido wants what is behind the door Guido will do what he needs. Otherwise. Guido is unknown. As I think. to myself. of whispering the word, anonymous.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 08:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
You really are clueless.

Compared to you I'm fuckin' Einstein