Sick of being turned down by wife

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 07:55 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
duckie I just find it very interesting that all the advice he is getting is about how tired she is and he needs to modify his behavior on her behalf..... and that apparently is the only acceptable solution... certainly the only suggested one Laughing

Ok, so what's your suggestion? What do you think will work?

duckie I don't have a suggestion.

I'm just, and I already said it once, stirring the pot and playing devils advocate on this hot button subject for the enjoyment of listening to all the clucking coming out of the henhouse.

This age old problem is eternal, and any time a man says I'm not getting enough the women pull the wagons into a circle. No need arguing or trying to debate seriously about it. On this subject you wimmins is 100% right and the men is wrong and that's that. May just as well try to get cjhsa to join PETA, or McGentrix to become a democrat.

That's it. End of story.

Even Kicky and I understand that. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:02 am
Does that me I need to stop paying attention to everything you say? Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:04 am
Montana wrote:
Does that me I need to stop paying attention to everything you say? Laughing

someone ever paid attention? Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:05 am
Well, I did think you were pretty smart for a while there Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:14 am
Montana wrote:

well that hurts... I still love you but now I'm stupid all of a sudden? I'm going to eat some worms... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:20 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
duckie I just find it very interesting that all the advice he is getting is about how tired she is and he needs to modify his behavior on her behalf..... and that apparently is the only acceptable solution... certainly the only suggested one Laughing

Ok, so what's your suggestion? What do you think will work?

duckie I don't have a suggestion.

I'm just, and I already said it once, stirring the pot and playing devils advocate on this hot button subject for the enjoyment of listening to all the clucking coming out of the henhouse.

This age old problem is eternal, and any time a man says I'm not getting enough the women pull the wagons into a circle. No need arguing or trying to debate seriously about it. On this subject you wimmins is 100% right and the men is wrong and that's that. May just as well try to get cjhsa to join PETA, or McGentrix to become a democrat.

That's it. End of story.

Even Kicky and I understand that. :wink:

If you're not trying to debate it, then there's no sense playing devil's (or anyone's) advocate. Jake has a problem and he came here for advice. "Us wimmins" are trying to give him some so that he can get laid. If you've got better advice than us, let it flow. Stirring the pot means spoiling for an argument. Don't complain when someone gives you what you came for.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:30 am
who's complaining? be calm. no fast movements.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:35 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Montana wrote:

well that hurts... I still love you but now I'm stupid all of a sudden? I'm going to eat some worms... Crying or Very sad

Awwwww.... there, there Bear. I don't think you're stupid. Just a little misplaced at times ;-)

So, you gonna share some of those worms?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:39 am
Montana wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Montana wrote:

Awwwww.... there, there Bear. I don't think you're stupid. Just a little misplaced at times ;-)

So, you gonna share some of those worms?

try this one..... only one eye.... :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:40 am
Laughing
0 Replies

jakeman528

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:08 am
SUBJECT
Well, i'm still here and I'm thinking that tonight is the night i'm breaking out of the slump. I'll start with telling her the way its going to be...which of course will be followed by begging, pleading and a new credit card. Smile Just kidding of course
I dont really have the patience that would be required to try any harder than i already do try. Without going into tremendous detail, I have given my left arm for this family (as I should)...now here comes the selfishness....I feel that if you do everything that you are supposed to do, in a way that you are supposed to do it, each spouse should make an effort to please and satisfy the others needs.
Enough already on the intimacy vs. sex issue. Here, anyhow, its not an issue for me to give her all the love and attention anyone would want.

I had just heard all the time from men, of course, about how sex stops when you get married. I never thought that would happen to me. Now that it has, I am really unprepared to handle it. The frustration had reached the point where i was calculating how much child support I'd probably have to pay. I'd bring up counseling and she'd tell me that we dont need it and that i was wrong and that we have a better marriage then most people.
I could never get a divorce. I'm not giving away my kids. Maybe she holds that over me. Of the things that you think about when getting married, you just skip over this thought because I just assumed that when you are married you have sex alot. Yes it is sex i'm talking about, penis into vagina. We dont have a problem with the other stuff, we hold hands (my offering and insistence of course), I take the kids from the second I walk in from work until I tuck them in at night. Its the after 8pm issue that I have.

Alot of the posts have been very informative and thought provoking. It was more than I expected when i googled "lack of sex" and found this place, started reading and eventually posted. thanks to all who take the time.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:14 am
You're very welcome. I'm glad I and Bi-Polar Bear could help you out, even with all these damn women blathering on and on about nothing.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:16 am
Quote:
It was more than I expected when i googled "lack of sex" and found this place

Ouch!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:37 am
Re: SUBJECT
jakeman528 wrote:
Well, i'm still here and I'm thinking that tonight is the night i'm breaking out of the slump. I'll start with telling her the way its going to be...

Which way is that?

Quote:
I dont really have the patience that would be required to try any harder than i already do try.

Obviously what you're trying so far isn't working. What if it's a matter of trying DIFFERENTLY rather than trying harder?

Quote:
Without going into tremendous detail, I have given my left arm for this family (as I should)...now here comes the selfishness....I feel that if you do everything that you are supposed to do, in a way that you are supposed to do it, each spouse should make an effort to please and satisfy the others needs.

I agree with that, and that's part of what I've commented on before, that your wife doesn't have the right to proclaim that a problem is not a problem.

Quote:
Enough already on the intimacy vs. sex issue. Here, anyhow, its not an issue for me to give her all the love and attention anyone would want.

Hmm. Again, things are not currently working the way you want them to. Perhaps you're giving all the love and attention everyone would want and she's just evil, or perhaps there's some kind of disconnect that needs to be figured out. As in, the love and attention you THINK anyone would want is not actually what SHE wants.

Quote:
I had just heard all the time from men, of course, about how sex stops when you get married. I never thought that would happen to me. Now that it has, I am really unprepared to handle it.

Whoa there. You are smack in the middle of about the worst possible sex situation -- she has a passel o kids and one of 'em is still just a baby. My own sex life reached a low ebb around there... but it DID come back. Just because things are not so great now doesn't mean they will be like that permanently.

Unless, of course, you take it as a done deal and not worth putting any effort into. Then, yeah, high probability that you won't have anything in particular to look forward to.

Quote:
The frustration had reached the point where i was calculating how much child support I'd probably have to pay. I'd bring up counseling and she'd tell me that we dont need it and that i was wrong and that we have a better marriage then most people.
I could never get a divorce. I'm not giving away my kids. Maybe she holds that over me.

You think SHE wants a divorce? If there's any holding, it seems like it'd be about equivalent.

Quote:
Of the things that you think about when getting married, you just skip over this thought because I just assumed that when you are married you have sex alot. Yes it is sex i'm talking about, penis into vagina. We dont have a problem with the other stuff, we hold hands (my offering and insistence of course), I take the kids from the second I walk in from work until I tuck them in at night. Its the after 8pm issue that I have.

What DO you do after 8 PM? Do you talk? Do you laugh? That's the level of intimacy I mean, not holding hands.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 02:37 pm
I'm also curious about what sorts of ultimatums you're planning on putting down. Good luck with that.

I'm sympathetic to your position, and in all honesty, a good call girl is cheaper than child support and keeps you with your kids. Remember to use protection!

I do have one question about life 'before'. How would you rate your sex life before this most recent pregnancy/birth? Actually, I have another question... what are the ages of the other three kids? Oh, and while I'm at it.... how old is your wife?

If things were hot and heavy a year ago and this is a new situation then it is very possible that she is dealing with some post-partum issues that require medical intervention.

If she has four kids under the age of six or seven and none of the older ones are able to help out with the youngest ones then your expectations are unrealistic (again, a good call girl could be the answer if you can't satisfy your own needs).

Regardless of the ages of the other children, if she's close to or over 40 and is caring for a small child then the time to recover from pregnancy and childbirth could be much longer than her previous pregnancies.

I understand where you're coming from but ultimatums would most definitely piss me off if I were your wife.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 04:05 pm
Jake, you make it sound like there's no sex at all, but I'm not sure. Do you have no sex or just not enough?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 04:07 pm
Re: SUBJECT
jakeman528 wrote:

I dont really have the patience that would be required to try any harder than i already do try.

Why did you post then? Huh, buddy? Laughing

That is weird. You just wanted to vent then?
0 Replies