Sick of being turned down by wife

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:29 pm
I just call it as I see it. If it's in front of my face everywhere I go, it gets my attention. I sometimes see men with their kids and the kids act no different with the fathers than they are with the mothers.
I've seen some fathers there with the kids, but not nearly enough, IMO.

Anyway, I agree with Phoenix.

My origional opinion stands in that chasing after and caring for 4 kids 24/7 is exausting, to say the least, and since I'm not hearing about any other problems in his marriage, I think a bit of rest for her might just be what she needs.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:38 pm
You are making the brash assumption that she is chasing after the kids 24/7. The only evidence you have for this is that she is a woman.

There are a growing number of stay at home dads, and an even bigger number of couples who share responsibilities in marriage equally.

The fact that you are willing to make this unfounded statement based only on the fact that she is a woman and he is a man is the dictionary definition of predjudice.

I don't see it like you do.... maybe it has something to do with our respective preconceptions.

Equality means equality. Starting with the assumption that women do more, simply because they are women, is not equality.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:46 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
You are making the brash assumption that she is chasing after the kids 24/7. The only evidence you have for this is that she is a woman.

There are a growing number of stay at home dads, and an even bigger number of couples who share responsibilities in marriage equally.

The fact that you are willing to make this unfounded statement based only on the fact that she is a woman and he is a man is the dictionary definition of predjudice.

I don't see it like you do.... maybe it has something to do with our respective preconceptions.

Equality means equality. Starting with the assumption that women do more, simply because they are women, is not equality.

No, the only evidence I have and need is what I see every day and I don't think I ever met a woman with 4 young kids who wasn't exausted.

I'm not attacking men, or at least I'm not trying to, but I can't deny what's in front of my face.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
There have been a couple of times that women have commented "How nice it is that you are helping to take care of your daughter."

So far, I have been able to hold my tongue... but this is the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:22 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
what exactly is it you disagree with in my post?

The mood I'm in, I'll disagree with every damn letter of it if you get me started! :wink:

which means you'll be witholding sex of course.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:34 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
There have been a couple of times that women have commented "How nice it is that you are helping to take care of your daughter."

So far, I have been able to hold my tongue... but this is the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me.

I would have never said that to you, but I do smile when I see a dad with his kids. Just wish I saw it more, is all.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:06 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
For the record........

I'm just stirring the pot. I find the entire sex, control, whining, women versus men thing hilarious.

Men use sex to get close. Women have to feel close to have sex. Women use sex as a punishment/reward system. Men are cranky if they don't get sex.

Bear, no need to transfer your own past issues onto every situation. Just because it was that way for you in your first marriage does not mean it is like that in every relationship or even a majority of them.

In this situation, the most obvious cause of the lack of sex interest is the 4 children. Every woman has pointed that out because every woman who has had children, especially more than one, knows what it can do to your sex drive if you let it. For some reason, you prefer the explanation that the evil wife is witholding to punish her husband or to get something she wants. That is total bs, IMO, and I think you know it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:07 am
ebrown_p wrote:

I agree. It used to piss me off that my mother would call it "babysitting" when my husband stayed with the kids for any length of time. Like I was so lucky to have a babysitter to allow me to shirk my motherly duties. Yuck.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:46 am
For years, I would hear statements from women like, "My husband is so great. He HELPS with the housework and the kids". The implication was that the domestic and parental chores were solely the province of the woman, and the man was doing her a favor.

I think that the later generations have, to some extent, gotten away from the narrow definition of motherhood and domesticity. It is going to take a few generations though, before the concept of shared child rearing and housekeeping is hardwired into people. It's a start, though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 07:18 am
FreeDuck wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I agree. It used to piss me off that my mother would call it "babysitting" when my husband stayed with the kids for any length of time. Like I was so lucky to have a babysitter to allow me to shirk my motherly duties. Yuck.

The father of my son use to call it babysitting as well. I use to ask him "how do you babysit your own kids?".
Needless to say, he didn't do a lot of babysitting Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:43 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
For the record........

I'm just stirring the pot. I find the entire sex, control, whining, women versus men thing hilarious.

Men use sex to get close. Women have to feel close to have sex. Women use sex as a punishment/reward system. Men are cranky if they don't get sex.

Bear, no need to transfer your own past issues onto every situation. Just because it was that way for you in your first marriage does not mean it is like that in every relationship or even a majority of them.

In this situation, the most obvious cause of the lack of sex interest is the 4 children. Every woman has pointed that out because every woman who has had children, especially more than one, knows what it can do to your sex drive if you let it. For some reason, you prefer the explanation that the evil wife is witholding to punish her husband or to get something she wants. That is total bs, IMO, and I think you know it.

freeduck are you analyzing me? Laughing or just making assumptions :wink:

and also, please note your "if you let it". that IS the path of least resistance isn't it?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

freeduck are you analyzing me? Laughing or just making assumptions :wink:

Let's just say I have a good memory.

Quote:
and also, please note your "if you let it". that IS the path of least resistance isn't it?

Not sure what your point is. Yes, it's usually easier to let a marriage fall apart than it is to work at it. It's also easier to assume the wife is trying to punish her husband by witholding sex than it is to look closely at the situation and see if maybe there isn't some other reason.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:03 am
Now that I think of it, I never used sex as a way of punishing a man.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:10 am
freeduck you are getting way too tense about this. I told you I was just stirring the pot. Don't get stressed out... stress seriously impedes your sex drive. :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:11 am
Who says I'm stressed? Oh, you do. I'm surprised you left out frigid.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:11 am
I noticed that about stress Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:28 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Who says I'm stressed? Oh, you do. I'm surprised you left out frigid.

well gee freeduck I wouldn't insult you that way......I'm sure you're a major ball of fire......

are we having a little spat honey? Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:32 am
Why, are you hoping for makeup sex?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:33 am
as long as I don't have to give you a credit card number.... I'm maxed out this month....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 09:34 am
I'm sure you must have something I want. A new pair of shoes?
0 Replies