Sick of being turned down by wife

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 09:06 am
Another excellent post from Squinney.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 09:54 am
I wish my ex-husband could have heard all this maybe 6 years ago, then maybe the kids could see their father on a regular basis.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:10 am
Excellent posts from sozobe and squinney. Jakeman, you should definitely listen to those two and take what they have to say to heart. After you've absorbed that, I have one small suggestion based entirely on my own experience -- take it or leave it as you decide. Weekend mornings can work better for sex for a tapped out woman. Plant the kids in front of the boob tube for morning cartoons, make her breakfast in bed, lock the door behind you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:34 am
... 10 points for the innovative use of the term "boob tube".
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 11:38 am
in other words do everything you can for her, expect nothing for yourself, resign yourself to the fact that your issues are secondary at all times in the intimacy and sexual arena and suck it up. and when she is occasionally in the mood or feels like being intimmate because SHE"S finally ready... be sure to respond appropriately like a Pavlov Dog because after all that's all men are is dogs who think with their dicks. :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 01:04 pm
Or you could just keep banging your head against the wall and beg and plead for sex until she finally relents. See if that suddenly starts working.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 01:43 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Or you could just keep banging your head against the wall and beg and plead for sex until she finally relents. See if that suddenly starts working.

you assume that to be the case duckie...like that's what I and all other men do as a matter of course.... and use THAT assumption as some sort of debate weapon... why do you do that?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 02:20 pm
What are you on about? Aside from the fact that what you say could easily be applied to yourself, I'm speaking directly about this case. He can go your route, and perceive the problem as an act of aggression, which isn't likely to help. Or he can listen to the advice he's getting here -- most of it very good advice.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 04:00 pm
duckie I just find it very interesting that all the advice he is getting is about how tired she is and he needs to modify his behavior on her behalf..... and that apparently is the only acceptable solution... certainly the only suggested one Laughing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 04:09 pm
No. He needs to modify his behavoir on his own behalf.

He wants to have sex. We're suggeting ways that he might change his behavior to get his wife to have sex with him. What he's doing now isn't working for him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 04:13 pm
nice try.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 04:18 pm
Can't talk to the wife, and ask her what the problem is...

Can only give Jake the support and advice.

I think Jake has been getting good advice...
Soz and Squinney are the ones to listen to, Jake.

(Bear and Squinney are really married? )
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 04:24 pm
I really don't get that "nice try" stuff bear.

Jake has a goal.

He can sit around doing exactly the same thing he's doing and not get any closer to his goal or he can change the way he's doing things to see if it brings him any closer to his goal.

His wife is fine with the way things are. She doesn't have a goal. She doesn't have any reason to manipulate things.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 05:51 pm
maybe Jake came here hoping to get a womans perspective on this matter. maybe that will help him understand better why she feels the way she does. This doesn't have to turn into a he says she says thing. It's not about who's at fault but how to make a situation better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 07:08 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
duckie I just find it very interesting that all the advice he is getting is about how tired she is and he needs to modify his behavior on her behalf..... and that apparently is the only acceptable solution... certainly the only suggested one Laughing

Hey, wait a minute. I'm a woman and I don't just assume the guy is a helpless clod re the house and the children. That may be true, indeed the likeliness bears consideration, but we don't know that.

My own guess, perhaps as off the wall, is that the intimacy and sexual rapport may not have been well developed before the children came along - the joy, the relief, the exquisiteness, the wildness, the quietness - sometimes, indeed often, this takes time, and that now there is no delight in thinking of that which was, for Spouse.

I don't assume husband is any more out of it re intimacy and sexuality than is the wife.

She may well be more tired, but I don't personally know that, or know of any of their barriers to intimacy.

A lot of the lecturing is fairly presumptive (however correct the presumption is or is not, not that I don't ever do that lecturing business).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:14 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
in other words do everything you can for her, expect nothing for yourself, resign yourself to the fact that your issues are secondary at all times in the intimacy and sexual arena and suck it up. and when she is occasionally in the mood or feels like being intimmate because SHE"S finally ready... be sure to respond appropriately like a Pavlov Dog because after all that's all men are is dogs who think with their dicks. :wink:

So, are you suggesting she have sex when she's not in the mood? Because that sounds like something some men pay some gals for.

Somehow I think it's a better idea to try and find ways to get her in the mood.

If nothing works and he can't live with it, it sounds like the only other choice is to go their seperate ways.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:47 am
Hey, I haven't read more than the last few posts here, but I can tell you without a doubt that Bi-Polar Bear is right, I agree completely with whatever it is that he's talking about, and as far as I'm concerned, you who disagree with him are just too stubborn to see the brilliant truth of his point, whatever that might be.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:50 am
Hey, don't make me go over ther Kicky!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 05:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Ok, so what's your suggestion? What do you think will work?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
kickycan wrote:
Hey, I haven't read more than the last few posts here, but I can tell you without a doubt that Bi-Polar Bear is right, I agree completely with whatever it is that he's talking about, and as far as I'm concerned, you who disagree with him are just too stubborn to see the brilliant truth of his point, whatever that might be.

finally, someone with the sense to realize I am right, even if they don't understand what they think I think I'm trying to say.

that's why they call it faith kicky.
0 Replies