IM INA HOSPITAL

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
Keep that leg in-line!
farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 06:30 pm
@ehBeth,
theyre gonna put me up on the lift and do a little boy an fener work. They will now "shorten the Ti long rod and fix it into its final place. I was more concernd about infection but I guess my immune system is pretty good for an ol fart.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 04:39 pm
@farmerman,
a bit of a setback. Seems Ive developed one of those "hospital related infections" in my leg. Ran a bit of a fever but I should be turning the corner , my fever has decreased and Im ravenous. My doc has checked me out so I can benefit from my own house friendly bacteria with which Im in commensal partnerships . They shoulda stuck with the "outpatient plan", instead of finishing too late and keeping me overnight, and another night and another night.
GODDAM I HATE HOSPITALS.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
Those hospital bacteria are evolving faster than your home variety. Where's the DDT when you need some.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 05:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
yeh but Im already mostly in an immunity-partnership to the bacteria in my farm world. Hospital bacteria (home of C. difficilis, a particularly nasty form that causes rapid dehydration and has about a 20% fatality rate in the NE US) can be naaasty.
Im checkin out in another half hour and should be back home sometime this PM (after I get some food at SUKHOTHAI, (my favorite Thai restaurant)
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
That's the kind of thing I worry about when my wife gets her knee surgery in a couple weeks. She did fine first time. I got a few bugs I figure from the cafeteria. The staff was attentive and wonderful, before. Likely we will both be fine.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 07:47 pm
@farmerman,
Wishing all a happy recovery and good prevention and intervention with no intervenous.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 07:50 pm
@farmerman,
tell that c. difficile to just f off

you don't need or want its company
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 11:46 pm
@farmerman,
I hope you don't have c diff?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 12:37 am
@farmerman,
You have to watch very carefully when in these medical spaces. Always make sure the person/s are sterilizing their danged hands before they touch you. I've seen some truly scary movies by doctors and nurses the last decade.

Whatever is ailing you, get well quickly
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 01:07 am
@farmerman,
I'm hoping the infection disappears. Hoping even harder that you don't develop c-diff. I'm just now recovering from that nightmare bacterium.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 01:09 am
Unfortunately they just don't clean the hospital rooms like they used to. Ive been hospitalized a few times over the last 6 or 7 years, and its shocking how poorly the rooms are kept.
farmerman

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 04:01 am
@glitterbag,
I was checked out early last evening , we stopped at Sukothai where we got some great take-out coconut shrimp soup with veggies .
Im rested up and my fever seems to be mostly in check. I cant feel any heat at the site of the leg break or the recent procedures.
Guess Ill lay about a bit and then get over to the studio and do some work.
Thanks for the concern and, yes Roberta , I was scared about a C diff infection and being dehydrated by that bug. I was thinking about your posts and the symptomology and I was more concerned about getting sick FROM the hospital rather than anything my leg breaks presented me.
Do well , mostly at home .

Well, back to the sack for a bit more.
0 Replies

MyFloridaGreen

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 06:54 am
@farmerman,
OH Buddy May you get well soon
0 Replies

MyFloridaGreen

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 06:56 am
@edgarblythe,
May he get well soon.
farmerman

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 09:56 am
@MyFloridaGreen,
temp is normal. Hungry alla time. Pain on a low rung. Now its PT mon and Fri for several weeks. They took a tissue sample to evaluate the speed my healing is proceeding.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
Ah, you can't kill weed! That's what the Germans say instead of "feel better" Very Happy
I am glad you're home now and get to enjoy the caring nature of Mrs. F. Are the Amish still bringing food? Milk them as long as you can!!
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 06:34 pm
@CalamityJane,
one family drops by a beef and pork pie every couple days. These are dynamite, so much in there and the crust is a meal in itself.
I was posting on another thread that I gotta do more moving about so I dont plump up again. Im at 182, thats up 3 pounds since all this **** started
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 06:38 pm
Wow, I didnt see, but some Amish kids have cut up and stacked about 2 cords of firewood. (We like to keep two fireplaces going in the down stairs, Firewood keeps the humidity very nice) We keep the big kitchen cooking fireplace and another large fireplace in the big room going. Its so nice and warm, that we only keep the upstairs heater zone even going
Lash

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 06:45 pm
@farmerman,
My god, don’t you see what’s happened? You’ve become the king of the local branch of Amishers. You have a fiefdom.

They’re baking and hacking wood. I bet there’s a wood-hewn plaque depicting you throwing an Amish teenager in a meeting house somewhere.

This would make a really sweet short-story.