IM INA HOSPITAL

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 07:51 am
therapy
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 01:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ha, mine consisted of being introduced to several pieces of **** left over from one of the Inquisitions. I had to set up my accounts and set base level trials. Then we had a lunch and a lecture about bone mending and good foods, (Like beef broths,) Ill make mine a whole grain ramen in a bonemarrow broth. very paleo.

Now I think Im gonna rewatch "The ballad of Buster Scruggs"
farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 10:59 am
@farmerman,
gotten used to crutches and a leg boot. Im cutting a rather dapper wave as I waddle about locally. I was able to drive to PT this AM, and was lectured against doing that. (next time Ill just shut up ). This is going to go on for 6 to 10 weeks and with post cast walking trips befoe Ill be given a complete BOH .
Summarizing my PT care
1Eat fats and cruciferous veggies
2forget sugars and Soft drinks
3Bone broth and marrow bone soups

4 De-acidify ones body (they have quizzes about this on-line)

5PROPER SLEEP, apparently a rather hard one
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 11:09 am
My wife has had knee replacement surgery and expects to have the second knee done by year's end. My role in the experience makes me more understanding of what you are going through. Also your family.
farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 11:30 am
@edgarblythe,
Ill try to keep up with data on my recovery and the PT and especially the DIET.
Ive even pretty much gone off the Tylenol too. (I tolerate it, its not aspirin (my AT fib i not friendly to aspirin)) Tylenol has one bad feature in that its an iorritant of the liver (a much violated organ)

I have a pretty decent pain tolerance so Im only experiencing an occasional thumping (not too uncomfortable pain) that corresponds to being upright for two or more hours.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 11:38 am
@farmerman,
When my wife saw the doctor last week, she asked for a tylenol prescription. When he discovered she still had a few pills left from February's surgery, he prescribed the same medication she had originally, since it is plain she doesn't abuse it. I forgot what it is called, but it's considered addictive.
Ragman

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 02:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
...he prescribed the same medication she had originally, since it is plain she doesn't abuse it. I forgot what it is called, but it's considered addictive.

Perhaps Hydrocodone?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 02:45 pm
@Ragman,
That has the right sound. I could ask my wife, but I haven't.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2018 03:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
we rented a scootercar and I had a couple of panels installed on the front porch so I can scoot around the barnyard rather than just hobble around in crutches. My long term care insurance covers it because its more a convenience than an absolute necessity.

Its a 60 V 5 AMP (I think) battery op gizmo that I can keep going up and down hills for about 2 hours between charges. I was out to the end of our pastures to look at the new steers and heifers. They areaready looking brighter eyed and their ocular skin (inside their eyelids0 is getting pink. These guys were really anemic (probably worms). Mrs F had help with some of theAmish guys injecting Ivomctin. She says that she didnt start any grain because these guys were just barely hanging on from their last farm where they had the fields cropped down like sheep in a desert. So she was gonna start feeding em little bits of grain starting this week, but for now shes giving em good pasture hay (no. 3 cutting) and a half bale of alfalfa (no 3 cutting).
If you change their ood type too abruptly you can mess up their rumen and make em sick. So, gradually we introduce more proteinaceous food and sugary stock.
Theyve been free choicing salt like its goin out of style she days, so she pnly allows em at the salt feeders for about a half hour a day for now.
Water , good clean water was something they didnt have so Ill bet thats where the worm problems began.

Its been two days moren a week when I messed me up and Im alrady getting the need to walk more and the pain is pretty much gone.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2018 03:50 pm
@farmerman,
Im probably on A2K more with thi stay-at-home -and -recuperate ****. I get to go out to PT twice a week and Im walking with the crutches, and zooming around the barnyard (I hav to hoe off the wheels before she lets me inside the house so I use my crutchs once Im IN the barn or a paddock)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2018 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
Good to know the livestock are doing better. Now it's your turn!
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2018 05:24 pm
@Sturgis,
well, the stock is like a buncha kids, ya dont want any of em hurt or mean-treated.
farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2018 05:54 pm
@farmerman,
gotta go back in the hospital for an adjustment to my rods and clevises. Theyre gonna have to reopen one of my incisions. Gonna do it robotically .
Ill be going in thurs PM or Fri AM (very early). I should be back home by Sunday.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2018 06:02 pm
@farmerman,
we'll be watching for you

ask for pie
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2018 08:50 pm
@farmerman,
Take care of yourself and we will hear from you on Sunday then!
Good luck!!
farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 09:53 am
@CalamityJane,
Hosp called and based on my great monitoring reports, they are gonna try this as an "outpatient procedure" and itll be done on Saturday not Fri. So Im supposed to just sit around with my leg in line and No hobbling around today.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:36 am
@farmerman,
That's why they make hoverboards.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 11:12 am
@farmerman,
Send (in place of you) that evil cow/steer/critter-to-be-named-later.

Seriously, wishing the best for you and a smooth procedure.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 03:10 pm
@farmerman,
Glad they can take care of this on outpatient basis.

I suppose this " no hobbling" means ya won t be walking the ducks either...

(hey I never lived in a farm, don't know much about ducks)
roger

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2018 05:42 pm
@Sturgis,
You don't need to walk them. The downside is you can't milk them (I think).
0 Replies