IM INA HOSPITAL

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:04 am
I think it's more scary than anything but either way take care of yourself you silly man.

Smile
Chumly

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:23 am
Damn Farmerman you take good care of yourself buddy. Stay away from the potassium nitrate though!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:25 am
Oh, Im poutta here today. just had the dye test echo cardiogram. Not unlike a 3-d seismic rig because it computes a lot of the stats of my "layer thicknesses" from the data shown, I would drill down to the EOcene and do a stem test Very Happy .

Thanks for all the well wishes, but now Im bored and just have been told that my medical insurance doesnt cover the first day's co pay for the room. SO I owe.
lessee
25 bucks for the amblance
100 bucks for the room
(Docs are free)
(meds are covered)

125 bucks.(If you ask and pay real early, they knock off another 15%).

Im using the computer at the "sunshine library" its a neat sunroom with lots of people who are similarly goin nuts . Ive met a guy who owns a deli and gave him some ideas about "heart healthy" hoagies. Mostof the flavor of a good Italian hoagie is veggies, hot peppers, olive ouil, oregano, and GABAGOOL.

Bear-I saw the Sopranos last night, Thats whgy they gave me the dye echo this AM cause my wife andour neighbors were there and the hospital didnt kick em out.
All in all, Im doin much better than Bobbie Baccala and Sil.

Does this Potassium balance really affect that much ? Ive been looking on the net and saw that Mg is also quite important at restoring normal sinus rhythm. Should I be suckin on some limestone while Im walkin around?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:29 am
Yikes, farmerman...

I know nothing about this but from what you and others say it sounds like it could just be a blip, hope that's the case and that the flower-smelling commences.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:30 am
Farmerman--

When I was having complications during chemotherapy the oncologists made a great hoopdedoo about my potassium levels. I started taking a supplement.

Mr. Noddy is a long term diabetic. To keep his potassium levels at an acceptable level he takes a supplement and a daily banana.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/potassium-rich-food.htm
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:30 am
Oh ****! Sorry to hear Farmer! I hope everything turns out ok!

I am glad to hear that you're going to slow things down a bit in your life. I think as we all get a bit older, changes are important.

Hang in there, bud!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:31 am
Quote:
Damn Farmerman you take good care of yourself buddy. Stay away from the potassium nitrate though!
when we used to do dynamite blasting, Id aklways wind up with a screaming headache because its a vasodilator and the fumes are loaded with NO2.
We use ANFO now and its AMMONIUM Nitrate and that doesnt bother me at all.

I read an article about how they learned about Nitroglycerine pills. The dynamite workers at Atlas and Dupont (in the early 1900's) would NEVER have heart attacks during the work week because of all the nitro fumes. They would have heart attacks on weekends and so the medical researchers put the two together and developed, ta daaa, THE TWINKIE.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:41 am
Farmerman, I'm glad you're heading home today. Take care of yourself!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:49 am
farmerman, if you don't pull out of this can I have your cows?

As much as I would like those cows though I believe I would have to place a higher priority on your health.

Take care of yourself you... you....you big galoot!

<Gustav races from the room, tears streaming copiously into his beard>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:52 am
Kin i have one a them twinkies?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:53 am
Farmerman - be careful with yourself! And do what the doctors say - you'll get out of the sick-house faster! An hour to watch sopranos is an hour you are delaying your departure.......

<worry>

Big hug from me too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:57 am
Just finished reading. Aren't potassium and magnesium two of the depleted factors that cause runners to pass out after they chug a bunch of water at the end of a race?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:06 am
Farmerman,

I hope they don't make you stay too long in the hospital. Hopefully, you will leave with a good treatment plan.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:10 am
Farmerman
Farmerman, glad you are OK. Some advice for anyone else having an atrial fibrillation episode.

About 25 years ago, I was in the hospital for a surgery when I started feeling a chest pounding heart rhythm. I told the nurse about it and before I knew what was happening, my room was filled with physicians and nurses. Seems I had the fastest heart rate they had ever seen. They moved me into Intensive Care until I was OK and could be moved back into the surgery floor.

I hated the Intensive Care unit (too cold and mechanical) and I made the mistake of telling my doctor that if I was sent to the IC every time my heart went wild, I was not going to tell them when it happened. So they put smarty pants in the heart unit and attached a monitor to me. Sure fixed my wagon.

Turns out that I have a persistent loss of potassium so for the rest of my life, I take prescription potassium (non-prescription is not powerful enough) every day. Fixed that pesky wild heart beat.

Get well and stay well.

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:45 am
Ooh, sorry to hear you've been through all this, f'man. Take care of yourself and do what they tell you.

I developed tachycardia this past year for some unknown reason. Short periods of racing heartbeats. (More weird than scary.) They also found my potassium level had plummeted, so I'm on prescription potassium & Toprol (to stop the racing) now. What they cannot tell me is WHY the potassium level bottomed out. Anyone know?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:47 am
sheesh

Just when you think you can count on people to take care of themselves ...

If you can make it to New York - we'll be waiting with a banana and some flowers for you to smell.

~~~~~~~

Take good care of yourself!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:54 am
Eva wrote:
Ooh, sorry to hear you've been through all this, f'man. Take care of yourself and do what they tell you.

I developed tachycardia this past year for some unknown reason. Short periods of racing heartbeats. (More weird than scary.) They also found my potassium level had plummeted, so I'm on prescription potassium & Toprol (to stop the racing) now. What they cannot tell me is WHY the potassium level bottomed out. Anyone know?

I was once hospitalized for dehydration because of a stomach flu. The dehydration caused tachycardia and they had me wearing a holter monitor. After the dehydration problem was corrected, my heart rate was normal. I may have lost potassium during dehydration.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 11:23 am
Dang, Farmerman, sorry to hear this!
Get well soon, Big Fella.

And what's with the self-imposed deadlines ****?!

I'll give you three days to stop that.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 12:06 pm
Farmerman-

Eat more porridge and haggis, and you'll be fine.

Get well soon

McTag.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 12:45 pm
Ay yi yi.

Glad you've gotten the good care. I presume your docs will fill you in on what fluids to carry when closing mines in hot weather...
I'm thinking some of those sports drinks like Joe Nation has researched for running, but don't know that that is what the docs would say, so don't listen to me. Just read an SF Chronicle article yesterday that suggested marathon runners drink water, then a sports drink, then water, then sports drink...

So glad you're ok, guy.
0 Replies