IM INA HOSPITAL

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 08:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ya dumb, big n dumb. cows have these eyes full of curiosity. Horses now, I dont trust except for the huge breeds who are more like golden retrievers with hooves like fire plugs.
dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 09:00 pm
@farmerman,
Horses are curious and gentle too, pretty much.

And funny. Mine used to follow me around when I was cleaning up his paddock and try to steal my hat.

He also gloried in sneaking up to my manure pile, before I could shovel it into a sack, and jumping on it and frenziedly scrabbling until I had to rake it up all over again. I swear he was laughing as he scampered off.

The pony I learned to ride on used to enjoy making you work to catch her...she'd round up the puzzled dairy cows and keep them between you and her. She'd relent after a while and just let you catch her.
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 09:10 pm
@dlowan,
we had a small herd of related apaloosas we rescued. The kids rode em, and the horses would only pick me out to bite my clothing . I had a woolrich jacket (the ones with the red and black wool plaid pattern). One of the mares would love to just sidle up close to me and chew on my coat. She could be really sneaky too.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:22 pm
@farmerman,
Well, he's back and is talking.....how's that Amish food they're bringing you?
I hope you're taking advantage of their guilt, that goes a long way! Very Happy

Just take it easy from now on and rest up and don't go overboard on doing any chores around the farm.
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
Today an AMish lady delivered a snitz pie and another kid brought us a sweet potato pie. I was telling the one lady about how I Looove chicken Corn soup with noodles.

See what happens(with the soup )
glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:38 pm
@farmerman,
Ohhh my lord, homemade chicken and corn soup mit da noodles. Joy. The young woman who lives across the street from me made me a lovely chicken broth (Vietnamese style) that was to die for...except they make it to get you better. Delish.
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:48 pm
@glitterbag,
thats really somethin aint it? Amish make two kinds
1.is a thick sweet variety made with a surfeit of creamed corn (This kind I dont like at all--too sweet and "Bisquey"

2. Is a clear broth made with lotsa chicken from a fresh roasted bird made with many vegetables like whole kernel white corn, onion, small carrots salt pepper, celery, pan drippings. salt pepper cloves rosemary thyme basil (in a garni) All the veggies except the carrots and corn are removed so its mostly a brothy mix with carrots and corn but with a flavor redolent of all the other veggies and herbs.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Im thinking of sponsoring the first ANNUAL chicken corn soup cook-off at my farm. Prizes will be given out .
Let me think on it, it just may be the drugs talking.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:51 pm
@farmerman,
If you send me a few I may share my recipe.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:53 pm
@glitterbag,
But maybe it's just your drugs talking.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 11:57 pm
@glitterbag,
when I was in the OR, the anesthesia guy said that he was gonna give me FENTONYL. I said are you nuts? people are dropping like flies over that ****. He said count to ten . I was beginning to give him a wiseass and I never finished my sentence, That **** is quick.
I read about how they find fentonyl ODs where it looked like the ODee was in the act of pushing the plunger on his needle and died whil shooting up.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:31 am
@farmerman,
There have been so many OD's here, on one of my occasional ambulance rides to the local ER, I heard the paramedics talking about OD's they brought in that day, and while I waited in the corridor (on a gurney) EMT's were exchanging info about what they feared would be coming up that night. Talking to the nurses was an education, one told me that in one day they revived one patient twice...he was revived, was pissed because they ruined his high, ran out of the hospital and returned 5 hours later after od'ing the second time.

I'm not sure what they were ingesting....I think it changes all the time......but because of all the abuse of drugs...it's becoming almost impossible to acquire just a simple prescription for Fiornial for my migraines. It's not even an opiate...actually opiates tend not to work on me because they make my stomach cramp up...like a charley horse in the gut. So I only ask to treat the damn migraines, I don't ask for pain meds for the compression fractures, or when I had shingles last year, or even when I was in labor a million years ago. I did without pain meds during a miserable bout of colitis that kept in the hospital for 5 days. The only thing they would give me was dilaudid...and that stuff doesn't do crap for pain it just gives me a freaking migraine....
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 10:07 am
@glitterbag,
reduced my doses of pain meds. Ive switched over to Tyllenol 500mg twice a day. No more hillbilly **** for mwah.
I tell you that my attention span was drifting off while doing oxy. Id rather expeience my pain clearly and stoically rather than enjoying a purple haze like a Kubrickmovie
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 09:33 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah, if it's one thing they dispense freely here in the USofA then it's medication. I've never seen anything like it....they even ask what you want and then prescribe it. Maybe that's why we have Trump as president.......
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 10:28 pm
@farmerman,
I've never been prescribed Oxy (are we talking about Rush Limbaugh's drug of choice...,Both my husband and I have had kidney stones....the difference in how it was treated was frustrating. Years back, I took mr. g'bag to the ER, I was positive he was having a kidney stone attack.....my Dad had the same thing a few years earlier.....and as soon as we rolled him in, nurses and doctors and orderlies were running to the drug cabinet to bring him a shot of demerol.. He is a big strong man, (he really was in agony) so they relieved his pain in minutes. A few years later when he brought me to the ER for the same thing, suddenly, it was slow your roll, hey, you have a fever, we can't give you anything until we figure out whats going on...So it was almost 24 hours before they gave me something for pain.

Seriously, I don't want to rely on pain meds to get thru the day...but there are times when it would really help...for short periods of time.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 11:27 pm
@CalamityJane,
Back in 2014 when I had a renal blood clot and pyelonephritis I was given oxy pills and morphine shots. That was during my over medicated time where I also had a running prescription for codeine. when I left, I was given a prescription for dilaudid - which I had filled but never used.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm
@farmerman,
I wandered back to this thread and now find that you're again facing some medical challenges, and, it appears chafing a bit at the loss of control that a hospital stay seems always to entail. That's in the cards for all of us. I'm very glad to learn that you are doing well and on the mend now. You are in my thoughts and have my best wishes

Remember you're a geologist, and there are still many engineers out there for you to piss off
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 12:26 am
@georgeob1,
yes, my work is never done.

I have full day of PT beginning thi AM and then twice a week .I hate these medically dictated "gym sessions" . All they do is allow a hospital to display these massive Inquisitional paraphernalia. When I started to get some back problems due to an earlier barn accident about 7 yars ago, I went and bought a "teeter hangup" , which, after learning how to mount safely, I found was like a magical PT device and I became addicted to its use. Now I must drive thirty mils to ride an industrial strength Teeter hangup. Ill take a pic of my unit but Im sure the PT crew at the hospital has already got me on the "incoming sales" board for this quarter (Sorta like our bean counters book a project ).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 12:35 am
@Sturgis,
when they were opearting for my kiney cancer the care unit was disensing all kinds of hillbilly meds. I quickly went off them and I swear the hospital staff was pocketing them bcause I was sent an oxy cup three time a day while I was in renal ICU at Hopkins . They tried to convince me to take the oxy stuff for "pain" when my pain was really , not any worse than a mild back ache. Tylenol, not even the kind with codeine and I did fine.
I hate that drugged out feeling. Years ago,When I was in my explosion and the military docs were trying to put my arm back together, I had no choice and I was on all kinds of opioids . It led me on a brief adventure for detox and it wasnt enjoyable.

0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 03:12 am
Glad you're coming good!
0 Replies