IM INA HOSPITAL

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 10:32 pm
@glitterbag,
before i was operated on, we stayed at theHeenderson

inn at the end of Fells point. neat hotel.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 10:36 pm
@farmerman,
Fells Point is neat.
farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Ms F here, The old man broke his left leg rather severely. Hes still in recovery and is on a interrupted blood thinner regimen. So he will probably be in the hospital till Monday and he's scheduled for PT immediately.
He was almost crushed by one of our Simmentals but he was able to climb out of the pen where he was doing hoof trimming .
Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:26 pm
@farmerman,
Very sorry to read this. Give him my best for a quick and full recovery.

Which part did he break?

Just looked up the weight of those cows, YIPES!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:50 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks for letting us know Ms. F.

Let the old man know we're thinking of him and wish him a prompt recovery - and very good cooperation with the PT.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks for letting us know Ms. F.

Yeah Sturgis, YIPES and YIKES....Them's big cows.

http://www.thecattlesite.com/breeds/contents/Simmental%20bull.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:57 pm
@farmerman,
Get him well again, please. He's an extremely valuable person.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 04:10 pm
@farmerman,
So sorry to hear of this. Hoping he feels better really soon and he gets out of jail quickly.

For us city-slicker uninitiated, a Simmental is a cow right? I guess he really has a beef with them. Why not let those Simmentals bite their own nails off like us hoo-mans do?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 04:31 pm
My best wishes for General Grant. May he be on the warpath again soon.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 04:41 pm
@farmerman,
Thank you for letting us know. Hope he's better soon (and you get to take it easy a bit; I'm sure he's in good hands). Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 05:38 pm
@farmerman,
Yea, V, Take it easy. I've always been an efficiency kind of guy during work, and tried to find the most efficient way to solve problems. It's all based on my impatience, and that followed me into retirement. It's not a healthy way to live, but I just can't seem to let it go. I suffer from high blood pressure, and my wife worries about me all the time. Come out to the West Coast, and let me show you around our neighborhood. A change of scenery will do you good. We have an extra bedroom you can use.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
Thank you for letting us know. I hope he is feeling much better soon. What a frightening and painful thing to happen.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 06:50 pm
Ah, just the other day I talked with him about raw cow milk and here farmerman is manhandled by one. I am hope farmerman has a speedy recovery and he needs to stop milking the bull. Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 06:50 pm
I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope the old guy is up and about soon. And back here even sooner! We'll miss him.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 07:11 pm
@farmerman,
Oh that’s terrible, ouch ouch ouch. Just to spare everyone the groan worthy remarks, I won’t say “Holy Cow”. I know everyone here wishes him well, please give him my best. Hope the break knits quickly. 🤕
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 03:48 am
Sounds like a harrowing experience—wondering for more than a few excruciating seconds if you’re going to be crushed to death.

Don’t know how he found strength to climb out with a bad leg, but very glad he did.

Looking forward to details and other assorted, interesting tidbits.

Happy healing! Hoping the missus spoils you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 06:10 am
Olga Sledz
Olga Sledz The A2ker I miss talking to most, since moving on to Facebook. (Most of the rest of you are here now & I communicate with xxxxxxx via email). Get well soon, Farmer, and don't go doing any more risky things with ornery critters anymore! 😘 xxx
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 06:14 am
@edgarblythe,
assorted other ex a2kers expressed similar reactions
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 07:47 am
@farmerman,
Wincing in sympathy here. Mend soon!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 08:06 pm
Wishing you well verra quickly Farmerman... thank you Mrs F for letting us know x