IM INA HOSPITAL

Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
I can identify with rhythm issues. I’ve an implanted defib-pacemaker for 13 yrs. My older sister has afib and has been on Coumadin for a long time.We’re leading relatively normal daily activities.

Wishing you good luck and hope you’re home soon. Someone somewhere said that white boys have no rhythm but they still can’t be beat.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 05:04 pm
@Ragman,
"No rhythm, but can't be beat." I hope that applies to us Asians too!~ Wink
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Today I found out that the tumor was non malignant and no Maas gene cells in the picture. My last years surgery revealed a rather indolent form of cancer of the kidney.(I had a rare set of bilateral tumors on both kidneys). All pathology and org chem was indicating that my last years tumor was excised completely and no recurrence and this years surgery reveled no cancer at all in the left kidney. NOW my post status is having CT scan monitoring annually .
and ehbeth, I guess the thing that kept me from getting a house dog was it take a lot of care if I got sick and required schlepping to John Hopkins or their cancer research center every week, or worse, having to go nd trqin into Philly for dialysis 3 nights a week. DOGS ARE IN!!
(Cept chunk he thinks hes the badassest sheep already)

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:46 pm
@Ragman,
Im back on my coumadin after like 8 days without any thinner. I was hanging on every message my body was sending me while i was without lovenox or Coumadin because kidney surgery is prone to bleeding for a few days post.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
I also had kidney failure, and was on dialysis for some time, but my kidney function returned to 44-45%, so I'm now living without the dialysis. I hope it stays that way. I'm pretty happy about that!
My siblings are Christian, and they all said it was because of god, and that I'm stupid not to believe he was the cause of my cure. Of coarse, they all prayed for me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 07:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
DOGS ARE IN!!
(Cept chunk he thinks hes the badassest sheep already)

yay!

he's still chunk?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:19 pm
@farmerman,
I am so happy to hear you are doing so well, and I'm way too familiar with the recovery and healing ordeal.....I hate it, I'm a grumpy patient. Hey but Chunk sounds pretty nifty, I love dogs.

We had about 7 to 8 inches of wet heavy snow yesterday and then we lost power for about 4 and a half hours. We have well water and without power the freeping pump doesn't work.

Hope you regain your strength and energy quickly and remember not to do too much too soon, so feel better.

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:42 pm
@glitterbag,
were out beyond much and our power has always been iffy. Two yers ago we had a whole farm Generac unit with its own 2K gl propane tank. When the power gets broken, e dont uffer a moment of inconvenience. We have two wells (one serves a barn and paddock out beyond the main fields and another serves the rest) our total max draw (including AC and equip charging and inverters is about 12 Kw . Weve been looking at solar for several years and now, even though the tax bennies for solar have been lifted, thanks to Mr Bush offshoring all solar manufacture to Germany and China, solar is actually cheaper tthan it was 20 yers ago).
every so often he had some good ideas
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:43 pm
@farmerman,
ps we had the same snow. By 6PM tonite , half was melted and the rods are clear and dry
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
he's still chunk?

Embarrassed much of the family has voted on it and sent us e-mails , chunk is still like his family name, and he answers to it.

Gonna have some relatives come this weekend and I think the legend of Chunk will be born. Even though he is a total lob, he is bright and is king of the yard.
Iand Mrs F are the two alphas so he will obey, and he likes kids. Not so much amish MEN.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 09:13 pm
@farmerman,
Ive been begging for a Generac for several years now, its a real sore subject for me. They folks came out about 3 years ago and gave us a proposal I think was reasonable. We have an acre of property but we are on the corner and mr. g'bag is worried we won't be able to conceal/make it pretty as seen from the street. I think it's time to rethink the %*&# generator because I'm getting to old to deal with the frigging outages. Dang
BartSimpsons

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 07:34 pm
@Ragman,
do you trust the defib company that makes it?
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 08:10 pm
@glitterbag,
we built a roll seam tin roof over our generac and AC pads. We dont "hide em at all", in fact e celebrate em like youd do with HVACs on a hotel. we built a concrete pad with stone bed surround and lyriope and dwarf hollies and a path with lyriope and crepe myrtles that I keep all nice and skinned so the bark shows nicely.

Look at your roof line of the house and try to match that in minnie. It really works and if your guy is handy itsll be cheap, if hes like me, {better at design and mangement Cool } then hire someone to do it.

just an idea k?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 06:40 am
@BartSimpsons,
Sure as hell do. I’ve had defib-pacemakers for a total of 14 years now. Excellent regular monitoring and zero inconvenience. Proven technology and no stress. I’ve been able to bicycle for hours, walk and even jog (slowly).

Not only do I trust the company, I’ve invested in their stock.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 06:56 am
@Ragman,
Ive seen many many posts in several fora where many folks are just regurgitating something theyve just learned on Wikepedia or some Q/A site.

I think thats where Bart comes from.
0 Replies

ddlowan

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2018 09:45 pm
@farmerman,
Oh no! Good to see you improving.
farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 04:28 am
@ddlowan,
Thanks. Im home and just have to go back and forth to John Hopkins for monitoring and blood work. Im under an activity regimen that has me all chomping at the bit to get more active outside (now the weather is finally beginning to warm up)
Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 03:52 pm
@farmerman,
Glad you're home.
farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 04:21 pm
@Roberta,
tanks. Bita pain but only when i laugh. So I hang raound in the Trump threads and Im takin Tylenol like M&M's
glitterbag

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 10:19 pm
@farmerman,
I'm not that far from Hopkins, however the traffic is a nightmare. Depending on the time of day it might take anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes to get there but it could take 3 hours to get back to Annapolis. If you have time to kill (I know, who really does) give me a heads up and we can meet you and the mrs. in Baltimore. Maybe you can bend mr. g'bags ear about that wondrous Generac and we can talk about Walensa and Jaruzelski.