And so this happened

jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 04:57 pm
@TribesmenMike,
TribesmenMike wrote:

Really Morgan? I don't know how to find the comment you made but I do recall reading when you said you were really pissed off because I was better looking than you Very Happy

Mad

Just kidding, now you know why I love my brother and sister in law. Sell that house and those damn motorcycles and move to Orange County! Razz
TribesmenMike

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 06:17 pm
@jcboy,
NO! I’ve heard about those kids terrorizing the neighbors trying to change their cell phones! Laughing
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 05:22 pm
Nows he’s trying to convince me to buy Harleys to ride with them, I need training wheels to ride my bike 😎
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 05:32 pm
@jcboy,
American rubbish. It has to be a BSA.

jcboy

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 06:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy do you know he sent me a text saying I love you brother, made my entire week. Crying or Very sad
glitterbag

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2022 11:56 pm
@jcboy,
That makes me happy, my own brother hasn't spoken to me in over 16 years........but I'm so happy for all of you....be patient, you don't know what stories have been told....you don't know about round-about grudges some may be holding onto....Just be patient and accepting and learn from each other. Families are so important, even if we find them late.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 12:47 am
@jcboy,
That's good to hear.
0 Replies

TribesmenMike

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 08:57 am
@glitterbag,
That's sad to hear, what happened that you and your brother don't talk?

I'm not ashamed to tell Morgan I love him and I'm not afraid to give him a hug.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2022 01:25 pm
@TribesmenMike,
It's a long story but involves how he has abandoned his children........he's very angry at me, but he's the one who stopped talking.....it's complicated.
TribesmenMike

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2022 02:47 pm
@glitterbag,
My father abandoned me and had nothing to do with me my entire life. Now that I met Morgan I'm learning to get past it. At least I have a brother now and even thou we lost a lot of time together we have a future to look forward to. I don't care if he's gay and married to another man, he will always be my brother and I'm proud to say that.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 10:18 pm
@TribesmenMike,
My mother's father never acknowledged her, it took me years to understand how hurtful it was to her. I never met him or was interested in him, I couldn't believe he just walked away from his responsibility. Of course my grandmother was only 14 and was a member of the Youth Group at her church, and absent Dad was the leader of the youth group and he was about 34.......what could possibly go wrong.
Somewhere I got the idea that since we loved them so much it made up for his negligence....I misunderstood the sense of loss she had. I don't think she ever saw him, if she did she never mentioned it....but I was in my forties before I realized that the absence or lack of attention actually mattered to her. It was easy for me, we thought she was wonderful, but we were not around when she was 6 or 8 or 10 to support her.

Whoever he was, he missed the opportunity to meet a wonderful person, but apparently his ego wouldn't allow him to be the father he was supposed to be. In the long run, I don't think he would have improved her life, and again, for selfish reasons I'm happy we didn't have to meet him.....I resent him for not supporting his daughter..........and that's probably the reason my brother and I have had so many issues (not about a missing grandfather, but his lack of concern over his children)
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 10:47 pm
@TribesmenMike,
Really, Mike? He never acknowledged you or spent some time with you?
I am glad that you and Morgan found each other and can have a good relationship with him despite the abandonment of his father.
You're way ahead of Logan in your way of thinking and hopefully he'll get there one day.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 10:51 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag, I think in the old days parents made little fuss about their children.
They had them more or less to help around the house and it wasn't quite uncommon to have more than 5 children - mainly due to lack of birth control.

Family dynamics are a capricious thing and it can change over time or suddenly....and don't get me started about in-laws Very Happy
glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 11:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
My mother was born in 1922 and things were very very different. My Great-grandmother died in childbirth when my grandmother was about 2. Great Grand Dad took his daughter and moved back with his parents.....he re-married sometime later but the step-mother beat my grandmother so badly her grandparents came to the house and took my grandmother back home with them.......it appeared to be a royal mess. At some point my grandmother moved back with her Dad and his bitchy wife but was not very well-cared for...........and I think all of this made attention from the pedophile seem welcome for awhile.

It been almost 100 years since my mother was born, both she and my grandmother were dearly loved.......I only mentioned it because I initially missed the hurt she felt by being ignored by someone who should have cared. I know it's not a unique story, but I think we forget sometimes about that little or big sense of loss that a person can feel by being ignored. When I think of her, I remember love and kindness and lots of happy things.......I think all children should know they are loved and cared for, but we all know that is just not the case for everybody..........and thats the great thing for Morgan and his brother...they get to experience a loving family relationship finally.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2022 11:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
P.S. You're right about in-laws.......
0 Replies

TribesmenMike

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 05:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
I never met him, never heard a word from him, nothing, not even a phone call. He supported me through my mother but never acknowledged I ever existed. I'm now accepting that. Morgan said if Logan comes around someday he will welcome him into the family. He and I? that will be a little harder for me.
Morgan tells me to let it go and see what happens, so that is my next plan if he ever comes around.

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 09:01 pm
@TribesmenMike,
Well Mike, that's a very hard emotion to swallow. You were rejected by your father in a manner that is difficult to understand and it takes maturity and an emotional support system you obviously have in your wife and have had in your mother. Logan might not have been in such a position from his mom's side and/or stepdad, if he has one. He just left a romantic relationship and is probably very vulnerable right now.

You have walked somewhat in his shoes, but not all the way and until you find out if he carries any resentment or has abandonment feelings, it will be difficult. It is Logan who has to come to terms with these feelings first before he can reach out and talk about it.

I know he's been very rude, but that might be him lashing out like a child - have patience with him and be there for him once he's ready to talk.

You of all people know how difficult it is.
jcboy

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2022 05:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well the kids are coming down again this weekend. They don’t celebrate Easter but they know our kids do and they are supportive of that. They are celebrating Passover until April 25th. I guess I will make matzo ball soup, brisket, dense potato kugel, and tzimmes on Sunday.

Mike has gotten a lot better with his anger issues towards our father since we first met. He’s moving on. Now how he feels about Logan is a different story. But I think that will change too if Logan comes around.

I wish they didn’t live way out in the valley so we could see them more often, perhaps down the road sometime they will move to this area of Orange County.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 05:08 pm
These kids are going to be here soon. I always look forward to their visit. Another nice weekend with my brother and sister in law Cool
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 05:36 pm
@jcboy,
I'm slightly envious.