Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 09:53 am
@maxdancona,
I don’t ignore the words of Jesus at all and I do read the bible and I know the message.I do have compassion on people who don’t know him so I don’t understand what your point is? If a person is not saved then he/she is not saved.Its black and white.He/She can’t be nearly saved .Are you saying that you don’t understand these concepts that are clearly spelled out in the bible?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 10:11 am
@Jasper10,
It’s not black and white at all.

There is another poster who claims to be saved.

That same poster implied that George Floyd was in part responsible for his own death because he didn’t pray enough.

Many of the “saved” are truly awful people.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 10:18 am
@izzythepush,
I disagree ...it is black and white.You are either saved or you are not saved.People may claim to be saved or might think they are saved but in truth they are not.God knows each of our hearts.We may be able to fool some even ourselves but we will never fool God.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 10:42 am
@Jasper10,
ya know, if the Jesus thing works for you, go for it. Just understand, theres a whole lotta people who dont give a rats ass about who and what you believe in and, in addition, dont give another rats ass about being "Saved".
"Saved" is based on some belief in something that you believe is gonna happen to you after youre dead. If a god exists (Which I doubt), I cant believe , as powerful as you believe he is, he would need to have all this fawning and silly ritual built about him. We would be like, his LAB RATS. You listen to lab rats??

I dont believe that anyone has ever been swayed by all the religious bullshit focused upon the childhood and the post adolescent gang of an individual whose very words were made up to sound compelling, when in fact, most of the sayings ascribed to Jesus were recorded by folks who never met this guy. They it him sound like theJim Jones sagas.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 10:49 am
@Jasper10,
No! Jesus was most upset by religious hypocrisy. The problem with religious hypocrites is that they care more about religion than they care about people.

You will notice that I am the only one here posting the words of Jesus. I am posting verses in context, and they say what they say. If you are going to claim to be a Christian, that do what Jesus actually says rather than just making stuff up.

Jesus wrote:
“The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do.

For they preach, but do not practice. They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger.

They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces and being called rabbi by others. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ. The greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.[d] Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[e] as yourselves.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 10:53 am
If you are not going to follow the words of Jesus, then what is the point of calling yourself a Christian.

OK, Jesus gave up His life enduring a horrible and unjust death for you. You got your salvation. If that really what Christianity is about to you?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 10:57 am
@Jasper10,
You sound incredibly judgemental.

I’m sure the Bible says something about that.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:14 am
@farmerman,
Hi farmerman, you sound off very much like I did a number of years ago .I didn’t give a rats ass either.Never say never is a very hard lesson I have learnt.You never know what God is going to do or how he is going to do it.If God wants you to be saved..... you will be saved no matter what you have said or done.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:19 am
@izzythepush,
I am not judging anyone, you are just making stuff up now.Who am I to judge anyone.I just disagree with some people’s views that’s all.Why is disagreeing with someone judging them? If people don’t agree then thats ok.This stuff does upset people deeply.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:22 am
@Jasper10,
You’re the one who sounds upset.

You are being judgemental, you’ve decided who is saved and who is not.

Morality doesn’t come into it.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:31 am
@maxdancona,
Can you answer a simple question ...are you trying to earn your way into heaven by your good works...yes or no? If yes then you are denying what Jesus did on your behalf.I am not judging you at all,apologies if it comes across that way.People don’t stop doing good works after they are saved but the true Christian acknowledges that no amount of good works can save them before they are saved and they therefore need a saviour who is without sin to take the punishment for them.You talk the talk but you don’t answer the fundamental question.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:34 am
@izzythepush,
I am not upset.I don’t know who is saved or who isn’t saved.That is between each individual and God alone.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:38 am
@Jasper10,
There’s no hard evidence that Jesus even existed. In order to deny something it needs to be factual.

It’s not like he’s the first god to sacrifice himself, Marduk, Osiris and Odin all did it first.

Why should we believe one set of claims about death and rebirth and not another.

Why did Jehovah give the Ten Commandments to the Egyptians hundreds of years before telling Moses?

Or did Moses just copy and paste from the Egyptian Book Of The Dead?
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:52 am
@izzythepush,
If you don’t believe that Jesus existed then that’s up to you.I only go off what the bible says not other books simply because the bible and its contents make perfect sense to me.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 12:04 pm
@Jasper10,
I never said that. I said there’s no hard evidence he existed.

What do you know about the Bible? Do you know who wrote it? Do you know the politics behind it. Do you know who decided what was put in and what was left out?

Thomas was supposedly a disciple, one of Jesus’ companions. Why was his Gospel left out in favour of third or even fourth hand accounts?

The Bible was written by man, no serious scholar claims otherwise. There’s nothing miraculous claimed about it.

Not so the Koran. It was written by the prophet, no argument about that. The claims are something else, Mohammed was illiterate, the Koran was dictated by the divine. Because it was dictated by the divine it is perfect.

Apparently Arabic is as much a visual as an audible language. The synchronicity of the writing is important . It’s claimed that the Koran is perfect, that to alter one word would destroy it’s beauty.

If anyone doubts it’s divinity then they should try to create something asperfect as that. And apparently nobody has.

That at least is a claim of something at least. I don’t speak Arabic, nor do I know any secular speakers of Arabic so I can’t speak for the veracity of the claim, but it’s got one over the Bible.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 12:19 pm
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Can you answer a simple question ...are you trying to earn your way into heaven by your good works...yes or no? If yes then you are denying what Jesus did on your behalf.I am not judging you at all,apologies if it comes across that way.People don’t stop doing good works after they are saved but the true Christian acknowledges that no amount of good works can save them before they are saved and they therefore need a saviour who is without sin to take the punishment for them.You talk the talk but you don’t answer the fundamental question.

I gave you the words of Jesus addressing this exact topic. Jesus says it perfectly well, I don't think I can add anything to what Jesus said.

You can disagree if you like. I am just telling you what Jesus said.

Jesus wrote:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
I don’t know anything about the Koran so can’t comment.I do know about the bible though and as I have said it makes perfect sense to me.Perhaps that is why the book of Thomas was left out.It is impossible to believe God unless he gives to you the gift of faith.Its amazing what happens after that.The stuff I have learnt is unbelievable, to me anyway,.Don't ask me to explain or provide evidence of how faith works because I can’t.You have to personally experience it for yourself.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 12:27 pm
@maxdancona,
You are deflecting again...I am referring to you personally.Are you relying on your good works to try and earn your salvation? a simple yes or no will do.Just a yes or no.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 12:34 pm
@Jasper10,
Actually I sounded somewhat like you when I was maybe 7. After that, I began to be more influenced by facts and evidence, neither of which seems to be required in most religions.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 12:39 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
simple yes or no will do.Just a yes or no

No.