What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

izzythepush

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I brought that film up to say that things are not going to play out like the events in that film.

Nobody was suggesting it would.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:10 pm
The virus is an airborne pathogen. Can animals contract Covid-19? Can people contract it from being in contact with animals?

Don't the world's scientists and medical experts have experience with isolating, containing and destroying airborne pathogens?
izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 03:41 am
@JGoldman10,
Haven't you followed any news at all? Your questions were answered back in December.
izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 03:44 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Can people contract it from being in contact with animals?

Haven't you seen the films? Will it play out just like this?
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnawareImmenseAlaskajingle-small.gif
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 03:55 am
@izzythepush,
When in December? I didn't hear or read anything about Covid-19 until February, from other people I know in a chat site I frequent.
izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 04:00 am
@JGoldman10,
You wouldn't because you don't watch the news you just listen to uninformed idiots on Christian TV.

How would you go about isolating an airborne pathogen that's all over the World?
izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 04:28 am
@JGoldman10,
This is your problem, you constantly belittle the scale of the pandemic, calling it a scare, accusing people of paranoia, moaning about the effect it has on you, whilst remaining completely clueless about the outbreak itself.

You ask questions about things that most would deem common knowledge and then when you get the answers you ask the same questions again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:01 am
The corona virus is not "airborne," it cannot survive in the ambient atmosphere--although this newly evolved strain has a tremendous ability to survive for long periods of time. The infection is most commonly spread by aerosol contamination. That means that someone who is infectious coughs or sneezes, and the aerosol they produce is infectious. That's why "distancing" is so important. If an infectious individual coughs or sneezes near you, your best chance of avoiding the infectious aerosol is to be out of range of the droplets in the aerosol that infectious person expels whenever they cough or sneeze.

Frankly, I don't care what happens to Goldman, but I would hope that if he is infected, he doesn't spread it to other people.
Lash

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 04:26 pm
Unfortunately, sneezing nor coughing is necessary. Coronavirus has been found in the air of a room where people were only talking.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:18 pm
@Setanta,
I bless you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Really? "Uninformed idiots"? I watch Sonlife TV. Jimmy Swaggart does research on a lot of things he mentions and preaches about in his sermons. He informs people about the ills in society and other things going on the world. So does Donny and Gabriel Swaggart. They talk about the things going on in world on Frances and Friends and Message of the Cross. Christians need to be informed about what's going on in the world so we know what to pray over.

John and Matthew Hagee, Joyce Meyer, Creflo and Taffi Dollar, Benny Hinn, and a lot of other Christian televangelists and other preachers do research on things before they get up to preach on Christian TV. There are Christian news shows and talk shows. Other shows where panels of Christians discuss things and answer callers'/viewers' questions.

What are you talking about?

Watch what you say about Christians, especially Christian leaders.

Sturgis

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why aren't you watching Pat Robertson?

And oh my, for those wonderful Saturday mornings watching the late Jerry Falwell!

Did I ever tell you about the Oral Roberts plate my aunt had setting atop her television set?
JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:46 pm
@Sturgis,
After Robinson badmouthed Obama and tried to dissuade people to vote for Obama? Why would I want to? It was not his place to try to tell people who to vote for.

The Bible says to pray for your leaders.
Setanta

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:52 pm
Jimmy Swaggart . . . Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha . . . Swaggart the whore-monger. I still remember his phony weeping and begging dog to forgive him--with his wife looking on. If looks could have killed, he would have exploded.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:59 pm
What? You don't listen to Billy Sunday any more?
izzythepush

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Really? "Uninformed idiots.

Really.

I’ll say what I want about arseholes and arsehole leaders.
Rebelofnj

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
It was not his place to try to tell people who to vote for.

And yet many of the ministers of Sonlife TV have been overwhelmingly supportive of President Donald Trump. Many evangelicals are a core part of Trump's supporters.
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/815097747/survey-most-evangelicals-see-trump-as-honest-and-morally-upstanding

JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know that.
JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Ecclesiastes 10:20 - Don't badmouth your leaders, not even on your breath, and don't abuse your betters even in the privacy of your own home. Loose talk has a way of getting picked up and spread around. Little birds drop the crumbs of your gossip far and wide.
izzythepush

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
They’re not my leaders, they’re a bunch of idiots.