What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

izzythepush

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 02:16 pm
@Setanta,
I’ve given examples of English irreverence compared to American subservience, the pledge and Lockerbie being pertinent.

All you’ve got is being snide.

Compare Early English Literature with early American. Beowulf and The Canterbury Tales v The Day of Doom.

The difference is clear to see.
Setanta

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 03:12 pm
@izzythepush,
The pledge of allegiance contained to references to god until it was slipped in in the 1950s. The wheels of the federal judiciary grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine. No child in the United States can be required to say the pledge. That was true in a 1943 case, and reasserted after the addition of the god bullsh*t, in another case by the Massachusetts Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to review the Massachusetts decision, which effectively made it law, not only in Massachusetts, but all of the U.S.

You're spreading horseshit about religious nutters in England, too:

Quote:
By a good, conservative estimate, there are between 650,000 and 1.3 million fundamentalist Christians in the UK, and over 2,000 children in fundamentalist education. In England alone, 1.2 million evangelicals attend church every week. At least 18% of evangelicals are hard-line Creationists.

The numbers could be much higher. In a poll for the BBC in 2006, 9% of adults said that the Biblical account of creation was the most likely explanation for human origins. That projects to an improbable five million people. Most Pentecostals are fundamentalists, and credible estimates for that denomination’s membership go as high as three million. The New Church movement is also largely fundamentalist in nature. It had 400,000 members as of the year 2000, and, along with Pentecostalism, is the fastest-growing brand of Christianity in the UK. Between them, those two groups opened 935 British churches between 2005 and 2010.

Source

It's hilarious to see you complaining about anyone being snide. When Beowulf and The Canterbury Tales were written, there were no Europeans in North America, and the people who did live here weren't writing.

Quote:
The difference is clear to me.

There, I fixed that for you. My original comment stands, that irreverence is common to all humans, and you've done nothing to prove your case, you've just made vicious personal attacks, and displayed your petulant, puerile and ignorant hatred of the United States and all Americans.
0 Replies