What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Your prime minister is. Your country's church leaders are.
JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know who that is.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
So, why do you dislike Robinson's attacks on Obama, but don't care about Swaggart's support of Trump?

There is also that time when Jimmy Swaggart's son Donnie used gun violence threats against Obama in 2010.
https://dangerousminds.net/comments/donnie_swaggarts_got_his_.45s_loaded_and_polished_to_take_on_obama_he_
JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know Swaggart's ministry was against Obama. A few other televangelists I know of were anti-Obama. People on Christian TV can inform people about the candidates but it's not their place to tell people who to vote for.

As a Christian I don't agree with everything Obama did as president. How can the Swaggarts and their colleagues be so supportive of Trump after he was responsible for dividing Jerusalem up? The Bible says Israel belongs to the Jews.
Rebelofnj

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 04:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
People on Christian TV can inform people about the candidates but it's not their place to tell people who to vote for.

It is far too late for that

Paula White: Christians will 'stand accountable before God' if they vote against Trump
https://www.christianpost.com/news/paula-white-christians-will-stand-accountable-before-god-if-they-vote-against-trump.html

Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You’re ‘Saved’
https://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e1401f8e4b0b2520d26d35e

Prominent Televangelist Says He Will Endorse Donald Trump
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-14/prominent-televangelist-says-he-will-endorse-donald-trump
izzythepush

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 04:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
That doesn’t make sense.

Our prime minister has just gone into hospital.

Nobody over here, including church leaders pays any attention to the arseholes on Christian TV. We’re not stupid.
JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 06:23 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Whatever. I'm going to vote for whoever the Lord leads me to vote for.
Setanta

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 06:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
Ah-hahahahahahaha . . .

You just make this **** up as you go along. This is the verse you referred to in the New International Version:

Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird in the sky may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say.
Rebelofnj

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 07:01 pm
@Setanta,
Apparently, the Bible JG is using is The Message Bible, which is written in modern American English. It is considered a Protestant Bible.
https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/Message-MSG-Bible/#books

I have never seen this Bible translation around. Usually, people quote from the more common New International Version or The King James Bible.
Rebelofnj

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 07:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
Or you could look at the major candidates who are running for President (Trump is the Incumbent, Biden most likely will be the Democratic challenger) and decide which one closely matches your positions on various issues.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 07:28 pm
There are no copies of the Kristian Bobble any earlier than the fourth century CE. New translations have been done many, many times--obviously, the text is getting more and more unreliable. And it's not as though it came from a good home to begin with.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 5 Apr, 2020 11:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
No, and I never heard of that translation.
izzythepush

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 03:15 am
@JGoldman10,
You’re going to vote for whoever the snake oil salesman tells you to vote for. Jesus has got nothing to do with it.
JGoldman10

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 03:56 am
@izzythepush,
I'm going to pray and ask the Lord who to vote for.
Rebelofnj

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 04:06 am
@JGoldman10,
You must have heard of the Message Bible, as you are quoting it word for word.

Not many bibles use the word "badmouth" in their translations.

Otherwise, which Bible did you quote that Ecclesiastes verse from?
izzythepush

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 04:16 am
@JGoldman10,
You want to be told what to do by the rich and powerful. Jesus has nothing to do with it.

You’re not remotely Christian, you hate large groups of people, you spread lies and disinformation.

Were Jesus to come back you’d be the first to call him an uncircumcised philistine and demand he be nailed back up.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 05:11 am
@Rebelofnj,
I just used some online source.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 6 Apr, 2020 01:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I'm going to pray and ask the lord who to vote for.

I received a text from God this very day. They (God is non-binary) said that since humans were carfyed in their image and for the most part with a brain, that we must arrive at a decision on our own. The decision should be based upon several things.

Included are 1) who shows the most genuine kindness to others
2) who has the cleanest fingernails and toenails
3) who makes the best Bolognese sauce
4) who has a history of real honesty
5) who has never drawn a Joker from a deck of cards

Anywho, prayer is rarely answered in the way you might be expecting. Maybe the Covid-19 is their way of saying "alas ye Christians, ye not be of pure mind, soul and body. But, since so many insist on packing your fat fannies into church pews...even when it has been advised against... I shall haveth vengeance and smite many of you!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:29 am
@JGoldman10,
You may not be aware of this but African Americans are disproportionately affected by the Coronavirus, both in terms of infection and deaths.

You might want to vote for someone who wants to change this huge inequality.
Linkat

Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You may not be aware of this but African Americans are disproportionately affected by the Coronavirus, both in terms of infection and deaths.

You might want to vote for someone who wants to change this huge inequality.

Yeah I read this - I wonder - not sure of course - if this is in part to the types of jobs they may have? Or maybe they live in closer quarters -- not that that is a good - but I would hate to think that it would be the nurses or doctors at the hospitals. I know so many who work in that field and I could not imagine that they look at any patient differently than another.