What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
If you don't pay bills you have certain restrictions. That's a given. That's normal.

Thankfully I am getting my Spectrum bill taken care of. A tech is coming to take back my equipment which will lower my bill and my
mother and I can make payment arrangements after that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:50 pm
@Sturgis,
Relatives being away has nothing to do with my behavior. I am glad my brother is away. He's not over here aggravating me and tearing my house up.

I can focus and do what I need to do. I have no distractions.

I'm not lonely. It does get boring being by one's self sometimes.
Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
At least for me, I have dozens of books and time to read them while I'm stuck at home. Plus, I have several streaming services and video games so I don't get bored. Also, I have been using video chat and social media to stay in connect with friends and family.

Personally, I don't feel like a refugee.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Well you have active internet service on your computer or laptop.

When I'm not doing any housework, doing any errands, going to any doctor and/or dental appointments or tending to other health-related business, taking care of other kinds of business, or making any business calls, I've been using part of my free time to work on some writing and drawing and research.

If I may ask do you read any Bibles?
Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have physical books and comics. If the internet goes down, I still have those and my Blu-Ray movies. And I downloaded dozens more books on my Kindle, so I don't have to be always connected.

No, I have not read any Bible in recent years. I do not intend to during the lockdown. I have said I have not attended church in years.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I have a small collection of reference books that I've bought that I haven't used in a long time.

The one college library in my county that is open is only open to students and staff. It used to be open to the public; anyone could use it. The change came about because of the scare. Good thing I called them before I schlepped all the way over there.

I guess for the time being I will have to make due with whatever research I can do online and with the books I have.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:47 pm
I'll save some money up, or put some money aside, or use gift cards, and buy more reference materials, if and when I can afford them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I can focus and do what I need to do. I have no distractions.

You’re constantly distracted. What are common names for sheep rustlers on The Isle Of Man?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Don’t be ridiculous. Refugees suffer terribly.

I’m inconvenienced.

But I’m fortunate enough to be with the people I love most in the entire World.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:08 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know you're into comics. According to various sources, DC, Marvel and other major comics publishers will not launch new comics in print or on digital platforms, due to the Covid-19 scare.

DC was originally planning on continuing with distributing their comics amidst the Covid-19 scare but they changed their mind.

Diamond Comics Distributors is no longer shipping physical comics due to the scare.

Free Comic Book Day has been postponed this year.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Again, I was using a hyperbole, a gross exaggeration.
Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm well aware of the comic industry's situation during the crisis. I already got this information from my comic shop.

It is odd you keep calling the pandemic a scare, after hundreds of people have died in your state and thousands more sick.
The pandemic does not even fit the definition of a health scare.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_scare
izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
No you weren’t, you were demonstrating how you completely misunderstood the gravity of the situation.

You’re listening to conspiracy sites full of nonsense.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What term should I use if that's not correct? "Covid-19 paranoia"? There is certainly a lot of paranoia tied to the virus.
izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
You’re the only one sounding paranoid, and misinformed.

The correct term is the Covid 19 pandemic.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:29 pm
@izzythepush,
I haven't been to any conspiracy sites since the outbreak transpired.

I have been to Snopes.com though. Some notions centered around the virus turned out to be hoaxes or myths.

Dean Koontz did not predict the Covid-19 outbreak in an old '80s book, nor did Nostradamus prophecy it was going to happen.

Are you familiar with the movie When The Wind Blows? I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Events are not going to play out like they did in that movie.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:31 pm
I still have Candy Crush Soda on my smartphone. Lol.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
My job used the term Health Crisis, news sources uses the term Outbreak, and health officials uses the term Pandemic.

Using the terms Scare and Paranoia would downplay the seriousness of the crisis.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I've said "outbreak" and "scare", as two different entities.
Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then you should stop using the term Scare for the coronavirus outbreak.