What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

Rebelofnj

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
I do not want to write or speak to either penpal, American or foreign, because it is likely that we have nothing in common.
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:44 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you for clarifying that.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
my town's mayor has imposed a public curfew on everyone in my town

From what I can find, it was your state governor that has implemented the curfew:

Quote:
The state is discouraging travel on a nightly basis from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., the governor said in a joint conference call Monday. The governor is also encouraging all businesses to adhere to the recommended curfew, except for essential services like grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations.

Also, your governor is working with the governors of the neighboring states so that the curfew times extends across state lines
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
A message popped on my phone a while ago stating my town's mayor instilled the curfew. My town's local police department confirmed this.

Whether my town's mayor instilled it or my state's governor who instilled the curfew what difference does it make?

I am not used to living with so many restrictions, whether they are publicly imposed or not.

It's bad enough living with certain restrictions if bills aren't paid. It's worse having to deal with public ones on top of that.

I feel like a refugee in my own home.
izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:41 am
@JGoldman10,
Stop bloody moaning, none of us are used to this. You’ll find it much easier to deal with if you stop thinking about yourself.
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Do you have it? Does someone who you love have it? Facing down bankruptcy because of it? Sheltering in place with an abuser?

If not, then count your blessings and quit your whining.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:10 am
Amen to Izzy and Jespah--not that it's going to make any difference with this one. P*ssing and moaning is his normal condition.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:56 am
Not sure if I asked this already but:

What officially caused the Covid-19 outbreak in the first place?

Why was the disease spreading on such pandemic levels?

How did people outside of China discover what it is?

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:58 am
Why does it seem like with every presidental election year in the U.S. there's some kind of disease outbreak tied to it?
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 06:59 am
Is it safe to go outside your home and do any exercises? Is it safe to do any jogging around your block?
izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 07:15 am
@JGoldman10,
How would we know what’s safe in your local area? Watch your local news.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Stop listening to conspiracy websites.

Quote:
The claim misleadingly dates these notorious disease outbreaks to match with election years. It is worth noting that the claim does not specify if this is referring to the year with the greatest number of cases, when the outbreak started or when it was declared a health emergency by the World Health Organization (WHO).

It goes on to fact check every outbreak statistics. Some of these did not even affect the US at all, so it had no impact on the election of that year.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-election-year-diseases/partly-false-claim-every-election-year-has-a-disease-idUSKBN20S2X0
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:08 am
@JGoldman10,
The first one was answered by me a month ago on this thread.
https://able2know.org/topic/545674-3#post-6966355

You have Google on your phone. Why is it difficult to search on your phone, but easier to use this site to ask random users for info?
Sturgis

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 08:17 am
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
Why is it difficult to search...easier to...ask random users...?

It's not. This is just JGoldman10 and his m.o. Not sure if it's loneliness on his part (he's indicated his mother and brother are not there right now) or if this is all an act.
Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:01 am
@Sturgis,
I suspect it is a little of both.

I don't like to speculate on his behavior, but he said he has lived a reclusive life and his online behavior has been consistent for several years at this point, so his family's recent leaving may not be a factor.

What I find odd is that he has access to the internet and his local library, but he is ignorant on many things that people generally know about.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 11:11 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I feel like a refugee in my own home.

So your situation is equivalent to someone being forced to leave their homeland and live in a potentially unknown land with little contact with their friends and family.

Millions of other people around you are stuck at home. Just be glad you and your family are presumably not sick with the virus. The financial situation is terrible for everyone right now, but at least your state will suspend the shutting off of home utilities if you can't make payments.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That was a hyperbole.
izzythepush

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
No it’s not, it’s reality, you’re delusional.
JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I've said regular public libraries in my county are closed without notice. I assume that is until the Covid-19 scare is over.

There are 3 college libraries in my county and only one of them is still open to the public, according to Google.

Fortunately for me, local bus rides are free, due to the Covid-19 scare.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 2 Apr, 2020 02:44 pm
@izzythepush,
You feel like a refugee in your own home too?