What's the deal with this "coronavirus" people are talking about?

Setanta

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 05:52 am
@Region Philbis,
I would not assume that the ironic humor there was intentional.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 05:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Like most people in the world, I have an Android phone. I don't think it is necessary to say what brand or model is the phone. It is however a more recent model.
JGoldman10

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 01:08 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Why are Android phones more popular than Apple phones?
Rebelofnj

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 02:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
Android software can run on different kinds of hardware, from cheap phones to higher end smartphones.

Meanwhile, Apple's iOS will only run on their own proprietary devices, which is why iPhones are expensive.
thunderson

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 07:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Russian sloths used cardboard circa 1985. Vehement tactical they are.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 09:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm a bit confused. When people say you can "make and receive calls on a Mac" they are referring to MacBooks.

You can make and receive calls on an iPad or an iPod Touch.

iPhones exist.

Do Mac phones exist?
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:16 am
As of the time of the posting of this, I asked my American Christian penpal how he was doing. He says in his own words:

"... God has convinced me that time is short. The rapture could happen at any moment therefore I will focus more effort on Bible study."

And then I asked him if he thought it was selfish of me to want to focus on getting and doing what I need to get professional career going since my mother's away in intensive care and my brother is away, and in light of what's going on in the wo
rld concerning Covid-19 right now.

He proceeded to say to me:

"You're not going to have a career. The Rapture what happened at any moment. Get ready for Jesus!"

This does not make me feel good. This guy knows I'm trying to get a professional career going since I graduated from art school, back in the late '90s. He knows I was trying to get a cartoon and/or comics series going so I could have something I could monetize online. I met him when he expressed an interest in what I was trying to develop when I asked questions pertaining to getting my material developed on Yahoo! Answers - he discovered my questions on there and send me a personal email in response to the questions I posted a few years ago. We had lenghty discussions about animation and comics and video games and other forms of pop entertainment from a Christian standpoint.

I don't know if "struggling" is the right word, but it had been very difficult trying to focus on getting any kind of career going by now, dealing with what I was dealing with in my personal life, prior to my mom and brother being away.

I've said I should have had at least one cartoon and/or comics series going by now. I want to further my training so I can learn how to voice act professionally and learn how to produce comics professionally. I just recently realized I have at least two decades worth of cartoon and comics ideas I could have been developing.

Why would he tell me I'm not going to have a career?

I had time now to go to my local employment center and learn how to properly use art software programs through the Matrix Learning Program at the center but the center is closed to the public until the Covid-19 scare is over. I'm hoping the center will reopen soon so I can get this training.

My old art school is closed to the public. A Continuing Ed instructor who teaches a voice over course I was interested in taken cancelled his course this semester due to low enrollment. All in-person Continuing Ed courses were cancelled this semester.

I know a while ago Art Instructions School officially shut down. I couldn't do their home-study program and get my certificate of completion because I waited too long to get back to the school. I passed their free art test but I was waiting till I had the money to do their home-study program.

I'm not letting these setbacks stop me.

I have time now to figure out what tools, materials, equipment and resources I need to get some animation and comics produced, and figure out what venues I need to pursue to get the training I need, figure out how much all of this is going to cost and put money aside that I need for all of these things at least.

nacredambition

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:37 am
0 Replies

jespah

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 02:32 am
@JGoldman10,
They're called iphones.
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 03:09 am
Psalm 24:1 - The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it ....

God will take care of what is His.

I'm not concerned about the virus - it's in the Lord's hands.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 03:34 am
@jespah,
Thank you. I don't know too much about Apple products.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:18 am
@JGoldman10,
Remember when I said you have a habit of giving out too much personal information...

We don't know anything about your penpal, so we don't know why exactly he said that. I'm guessing that he has some hardline Christian beliefs, and believes that if the Rapture is coming soon, then why bother planning for the future.

Quote:
I have time now to figure out what tools, materials, equipment and resources I need to get some animation and comics produced,

You have asked people here and on other sites for that info for years at this point. You should already have figured it out by now.
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
Well now I can focus on getting what I need. I have time now. That's what I meant. I don't have any distractions.

I have an idea of what I need I just need to know for certain.

I think you've met my penpal - I told you about him at least.

What I shared about him wasn't personal. I felt like sharing that.
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 05:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
I haven't kept up with a lot of things. I was forced to put things off. I haven't kept up with all the info people gave me when I asked for it on this site. I haven't kept up with a lot of research that I was supposed to be doing.

I have the time to keep up with all this stuff now.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:00 am
@JGoldman10,
I never met the penpal, and I have no intention in meeting with him. You have mentioned him a few times.

JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:46 am
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. May I ask why you don't want to meet him?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:51 am
@Rebelofnj,
Did I ever tell you about my foreign penpal?
Rebelofnj

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:06 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes. I have no intention of meeting that one as well as I suspect we would have little in common.

Honestly, I barely have anything in common with you.
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:01 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Which penpal? The American I told you about?
JGoldman10

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:40 pm
As I said earlier in this thread, my town's mayor has imposed a public curfew on everyone in my town until the Covid-19 scare is over; he wants all citizens home between 5 AM and 10 PM. I was told by a dispatcher at my town's local police department the cops can either fine you or write up a ticket for you to appear in court if you're out in public outside these hours. However if you can prove you are out in public out of necessity, like you were out shopping, you have nothing to be concerned about.